Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

He's TOTALLY staring at her ass, and they have TOTALLY been meant for each other since episode 1! I started in season 4, so in the beginning I only knew about EDeN, but then I started watching all sorts of episode, all the reruns I could find, and I realized that Eric & Calleigh are my "One True Pair" for CSI:M.

Probably not, unfortunately. I'd love to see another one, obviously, but I doubt it's gonna happen. We should instead hope to see Horatio kiss Yelina (preferably without prefacing the moment with a one-liner, but this is Horatio we're talking about, so a one-liner may be inevitable).

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

In episode 20, Down to the Wire. After Stetler takes her off the case, when she tells him that she feels for him and he knows that. That is a good example of showing something that didn't need a lot of words. She took the fall for him even if he didn't want her to. That says a whole hell of a lot, IMO.

As for a kiss, I really do hope we get to see something between these two. They are just so adorable to watch together. I can watch them and be happy. ;)

As for Jake coming back, I am sticking to my hope that this story is now part of their past. We don't need yet another reminder of how jealous Eric can be. Would they bring Jake back to create drama for them, probably. But I am hoping that the writers or whoever can come up with different ways to test their relationship as opposed to the obvious choice of Jake coming back and trying to screw everything up.

3. electra

electra Pathologist

^ Thanks.Seems like Jake was not around much in season 6.All the episodes that I have watched so far are mainly E/C.It looks like they used him as a way to posteriorly advance our ship.

4. AnnaDelko

AnnaDelko Police Officer

I started to watch since season 1 but then It stopped here in my country and I completely missed most of the season 3 and 4 so 'til 1 year ago I didn't know that Eric and Natalia had a relationship :eek:
    I remember that I was watching 1x21 Spring Break and when Calleigh flirts with him I was like '' this two really like each other '' and bang I fell in love for them :adore:

I agree with you, in this season probably we won't but after reading the spoilers I think the 1st episode of season 8 will be a delicated one (and I keep thinking that everything will be okay with E/C ) so maybe we'll see a really sweet moment and ofc a kiss, after all I'm looking forward to hear Calleigh saying ''Eric, I love you'' :hugegrin:
    really ?? That's really nice , hope to see it :) They also should be together for a long time too !!

5. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

As much as I'd love to see it I really don't think it will happen. But I hope the writers will make it up to us next season and we finally get more steamy kiss;). And considering the season finale there should be a lot of hot kisses in season 8.
    Anyway I started to watch Miami from the first episode and after the third episode (where he asked her if he could spend the night in her house) I was sure they are meant for each other and one day will be together. So I was really mad when he started to date Natalia and she Jake. But I still believed that there's a chance for them, I explained myself, that they are just not ready to make that step yet. And looking at it from the perspective of time I was right. Thank God, because my patience was on the verge of break:).

6. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Yes, I do think they'll bring him back, for at least one episode. I say this because I think there is likely at least one writer that will not be able to resist the temptation to bring him back, and stir up that annoying triangle thing for one episode. IF they do bring him back, I just do not see Jake doing the dishonorable thing of trying to win Calleigh back if he knows she's with Eric. There won't be any fight between him and Eric for Calleigh's affections. I never much cared for him, he did some things I didn't care for (like when he lied to her about the alcohol consumption in SYG), but I don't think he was a complete jacka**. If he knows Calleigh is with Eric, he'll leave her alone - or at least ask her if she's happy. She'd tell him "yes", and that will be that.

I do see him coming back from his undercover gig and hoping that Calleigh hasn't found anyone else in his absence (they broke up when Calleigh said she wouldn't wait, so its not like he can assume he can come back and pick things up where they left off). If Eric and Calleigh are still together at that point (and they better!), of course I'd expect Eric to be somewhat jealous and afraid - depending on where he and Calleigh are in their relationship. If their relationship is more cemented, if they've uttered the "I love you" to each other, I would hope the deep bond and trust they have would shine through and Eric would NOT be afraid or jealous.

Now, my little shipper heart would love it if Calleigh were pregnant (I know, it's not going to happen), sitting at an evidence table poring over some work when Jake comes in. He says "Hi" to her in that charming manner he has, she stands up and moves out from behind the table and he sees she's pregnant. His jaw drops to the floor and after he picks it back up he looks at her, head tilted to the side, and murmurs one word... "Eric?". ;) Of course she'd confirm "yes, Eric", he would see she's very happy, tell her he wishes only the best for her, and leaves.

Unfortunately no, but I sure would like it if we did get one. I maintain that if they are going to break up Eric & Calleigh at any time this season or next, they at least owe us an "Eric and Calleigh in bed" scene. After 7 years of loyal shipping, they (TPTB) would owe it to us.

But, I will say that I don't think they will break Eric & Calleigh up any time soon - they don't build this up for as long as they have and then bust it up a short time later. They'll have their bumps in the road, but I would not expect a real break up until some time much later. I hope.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  7. AnnaDelko

AnnaDelko Police Officer

You're soo right we deserve to see '' Calleigh and Eric in bed'' (or against the wall, or in the shower, or in the pool ... :devil:) . I think we really have great changes to see it happens, because probably , they'll have bumps and , certainly, Stetler will be around so it's a great opportunity for them to show their love for each other and thinking how they gonna go through it . It would be such a sweet moment that would keep me with a big smile on my face for moths :hugegrin: Hope to make sense :lol:
    And I also think they won't break up , c'mom the writers wouldn't built this relationship for so long to just end right now, I keep thinking they'll be together forever with beautiful children :adore:

8. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I'll take E and C up against the wall any day! It's more to happen than the rest, right? But I don't mind the others either.

Yes, Yes, Yes! I want a kiss soon, or I'll consider the relationships boring! Seriously, I want them to sneak one too, that'd be spicy!

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Did anyone catch the review for Dead On Arrival? I found this part to be particularly interesting:

Yep. A natural, easy chemistry. :D Didn't she also call him "cute"? :adore:

By the way, I love how confident some of you are that Calleigh and Eric will be staying together for the foreseeable future. I've been worrying that TPTB would create crazy drama between the two and break them up just as they got together because it'd make for yet another "will they or won't they" situation. Will they resolve their issues and get back together, or won't they?

UGH. I don't want that. I want them to have issues just like any other couple, of course. I'm not opposed to realistic stress and insecurities and angst. But they need to stay together through it all. They just have to!

10. AlienMonkey

AlienMonkey Hit and Run

Ginnna - I think she did I'll need to re-watch it again to be sure but you could tell she was looking for a kiss or something there. too bad Eric had to be so "CSI-like" and ruined the moment.

I just want a nice touching scene with them her hand on his face, his hands on her hips after a long day at work. Him suggesting dinner, her suggesting they skip, is that too much to ask? :lol:

11. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Actually, Kristine got it wrong. What Callleigh said was that Eric is "really cute" (not that he is "really tall"), and that he was "this tall", extending her hand above his head, and was wearing a white shirt. I would so love it if the show could give us a glimpse of the diversions that kept Calleigh from watching television. :drool:

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

And people say that we are imagining their chemistry :rolleyes::lol: Someone who is blunt, to the point and calls it like she sees it, sees that these two have chemistry and that it is fun to watch!! Seriously, there are those out there to just need to get over it, IMO.

I think we will be left wondering over the summer, given what we seem to know, how all this has affected them. I do think they will stay together we may not know that when the credits role on the finale but the real issue imo, is the how. How does this affect them? How will they deal with the first real road bump in their relationship? And I think all this will make them stronger....we have all said to break them up this soon after just getting them together after working on it for it 2 1/2 yrs is a waste.

Their bond is too strong and I think this upcoming situation will test it, show how strong it is and how strong it can be. If Eric truly loves Cal he will feel damn guilty for forcing her to have make whatever difficult decision she is going to have to make b/c of his decision to help a man he barely knows and go against the one person who trusts him implicitly and he knows he can trust. I definately think, when all is said and done Eric will see his dad for who is truly is.

If things play out the way TV Guide has left us all to speculate and believe; that is, the possibility that Cal has to make this difficult decision possibly concerning Eric's dad will no doubt leave them, emotionally in turmoil both separately and together. The more time I have to think about it, the more I believe that while she is unsure of where Eric stands in the situation, she is going to attempt to help him. I think the final showdown where dad and Eric are concerned is going to be one where Cal isn't the only one who has to make a difficult decision. I tihnk Eric is going to have to choose....between his dad and Cal....whether it be to save Cal or overcome any emotional turmoil Cal's decision causes him. Eric will hopefuly see the grave error he has made by deciding to help his dad. Especially, since he knows nothing about him.

It says that Cal is going to have to "take the most difficult shot of her life..." There are soo many ways this could go imo. Especially given how Ann D likes to "play" with words and toy with us.

1) This could mean that she is going to take a shot on Eric and believe in him that he knows what he is doing. She is going to support him and break all the rules and help him. Whether or not she knows what side he is on, she is going to try and help him. Cal doesn't like to do things blindly and this situation might make her have to drop ALL her walls and compromise her morals. If Eric has "switched" sides so to speak, it will be very difficult for her to choose between Eric and all she knows to be right and ingrained to believe in. Saying "decision" would just make it too obvious to figure that out and since we all know this situation is going to be "life threatening" for Eric saying taking the "shot" just leaves sooo much more to the imagination. :lol:

2) It could mean what we all assume it to mean; she is going to literally take a shot at someone....probably Eric's dad. Even with all my speculating, this seems like the most likely outcome unfortunately. I mean these writers can throw twists at us but the majority of the time with scenario's like this, the outcome, 99.9% of the time happens as predicted/speculated/spoiled. The only thing we are left truly wondering during the ep, is how they are going to get us to that scenario. It is not the destination that surprises you, it is the route in which they take to get us there! :lol:

3) More interesting would be if Cal has to shoot Eric b/c she is unsure of where he stands in the final showdown!! Now this scenario would be true to the words Ann D says....more difficult than having to shoot his dad, would be having to uphold the law and shoot your own boyfriend b/c you are unsure as to whether or not he is on the wrong side of it!!

One thing finite thing I would for Eric take away from this, whatever goes down, is that every decision he makes affects everyone around him. He probably thinks by him making the decision to help his dad alone, is therefore his burden alone...but from the spoilers it seems it is going to pull almost everyone in and have consequences for everyone. Which is why I think it would be more interesting if this decision he makes leaves him unscathed, physically, but not everyone around him. He being left to realize how he has screwed, emotionally, with those around him for a man who he knows nothing about.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  13. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Agreed! An unbiased reviewer actually sees the chemistry and she's the same one who actually suggested that Eric might be jealous or he could be getting obsessive when he had a little moment in Target Specific. People do need to get over it. It's done let's move on.

Actually I kind of wonder if there was a sublimial message in the last epi when Calleigh says "That's why they invented remotes." Change the channel if it's so distressing and let everyone else enjoy it for crying out loud. That being said I do understand the frustration on the lack of screen time for other characters but not this "anger/hatred' for two characters just because they are in a relationship. That's a new one for me on any forum.

Right on! Agree again...but as confident as everyone is I really wonder if other fans pleas will prevail b/c this ship isn't as popular as we seem to think it is that TPTB decides to go in another direction. However, with that being said I also know that any relationship is going to have hurdles they will need to overcome and with E/C it's not as simple for them to walk away from each other like it has been in the past. So that makes for interesting storytelling any day. Let's hope they do it right.

Ok...I'm starting to sound like a broken record :lol: but again you took the words right out of my mouth. I think their bond is really strong. Not just because of their new relationship but because of their past and present friendship. No matter whether you like it or hate it, agree with it or not, TPTB did a great job establishing the fact that these two feel like they can really depend and trust on each other no matter what. I do think H is in that number as well but their first confidante most of the time is each other. They had the Russian storyline going even before the E/C relationship was official so it would make sense they have to wrap up how everything played out with Eric and to answer the fans questions on whether or not his father is really a good guy or a bad guy.

Actually this kind of goes along with a question someone asked about how will their relationship be outed and while I didn't answer that quesion at the time, I will say that I thought that the two of them would end up outing their own relationship out of necessity to protect one another or the team. As in someone accuses them of something and one of them ends up having to be an alibi for the other one. Or the scenarios you outlined above delkolover, where a situation they encounter encompases and affects entire team by the end of it so that the decisions they make have to explained or justified in some way later during the course of the investigation. Just like Eric told Calleigh back in Season 2 when she was dating Hagen. "Come on Calleigh we're CSIs if we can't figure out when something is going on between two people..."

Calleigh doesn't usually hesitate and that reaction alone will cause Horatio and the rest of the team to think about why she would hesitate and realize that only one explanation will make sense. Eric doesn't usually put himself in a position where people would question his actions unless it's family (even if he hasn't known them very long). It's been proven on more than one occasion that he goes against his own values, those that truly love him (Horatio and Calleigh) and breaks protocol (ok and the law) when he's trying to save his family. The emotional depth and turmoil of the situation no matter how it turns out will reveal exactly what's been going on.

The rest of the team knows them both well enough to know there would be only one plausible explanation for the decisions that they both make that would make sense. Hence the decision that Eric makes affects everyone. There are all sorts of scenarios that could come out of it to take through Season 8.

1)Their relationship and the choices they made to protect each other could cause both of them to back off when they realize how their judgment is really affected. The decision to not be together in order to protect one another (which is what Eric was alluding to at the end of Sink or Swim) could end the whole relationship and that would actually make some twisted sort of sense. He did warn Calleigh that danger was following him and that's why he had hesitated so long to move forward, his guilt over dragging her into it anyway would be enormous and they could go several directions with that storyline. That dynamic would definately affect both of them and the team for a long time to come I think.

This scenario for S8 would be hard to watch but would in some way satisfy both sets of viewers if you think about it.

For us E/c fans - The romantic angle would be along the lines of I love you but can't be with you because together we inadvertantly put others in danger, don't think clearly etc...(i.e. ultimate sacrifice sort of thing). This would set it up nicely for a bring them back together at the end of the series finale sort of thing.

For the non E/C fans - Simply put E/C wouldn't be together as they are now. They would be friends and hence "their relationship is screwing up the show and the CSI world where romantic relationships shouldn't exist etc.." would go away.

Let's hope they don't take the easy route and go this way. It's almost too pat and it would suck to watch the will they won't they back and forth for another eight years.

2)It could cause Horatio to have to put one of them on suspension or on another shift if the relationship continues as a concession to IAB or because he thinks it's best. Especially since their actions may have caused them to compromise the team or one another and there would be no way for him to justify making any other decision. Let's not forget that Yelina is also a part of all this so you know at the end H is going to find out and he will have to preserve everyone not just Eric and Calleigh.

I think it would be hard for H to make that decision and it would be difficult for Calleigh and Eric to deal with as a colleagues, as friends and as a couple. It would force them to revalute their careers, their lives and whether or not they really want to move foward. Either way I do agree that no matter what their bond would be even stronger if they decided to persevere.

I actually like this particular scenaro for S8 because it would prove those wrong who think H would somehow get E/C out of the mess and ignore the breach in protocol. I've never agreed with that as I've always seen H harder on those who he expects more out of, even when he's understanding of the position they've been put in. It would be a refreshing change to see H have to make a really hard call for the two CSIs who have been with him from the beginning. It could also pull the three of them back together in a way that they haven't been in since season 2.

3) A combination of one and two could also happen where scenario 2 happens first and then they realize that the team is suffering because they are splintered and so then they set the stage for scenario 1 to come into play later. I could actually see this happening as well because despite a lot of views I've seen to the contrary the characters themselves are ones that care about others and if they thought they would hurting the team or each other (career chances, dreams etc) I could see them trying to make it work and then sacrificing their feelings in order to take care of the team. It will be very interesting to watch.

Regardless of how they do it let me just say that how original and how nice it would be for one of them or both of them to come clean about their relationship and surprise everyone by being willing to stand up and take responsibility for their actions regarding their relationship. I actually would love it if they outed themselves then someone else did it. This would really show that they have matured and are willing to take the consequences. Any of the scenarios outlined could set the stage for this to happen.

I've been thinking about putting my fanfiction hat back on and writing something of what I would like to see using the second scenario but still thinking about it. Anyway, once again there's my two cents on the matter.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I just saw promo pics over at the spoiler thread and there's two of them with Calleigh pointing her gun and it shows the window of her hummer broken. There's also one with Eric driving a car (and he appears to be on a rush) with his dad on the passenger seat. So unfortunately I think this supports the taking a shot in a literal sense (which does not make me real happy). :shifty:

I read the three scenarios that delkolover presented and I have to say that the worst case scenario would be number 3. Calleigh having to shoot Eric would be a horrible thing for them (TPTB) to do. I thought about that too when I read the spoiler and I remember deciding I was not going to believe that was what it referred to and just leave it to a horrible place in a fanfic world. The worst part is that it actually is a possibility...

I hadn't thought about number 1 and it does sound like a good possibility. The only reason I wouldn't want this scenario to take place is because I can just hear the beating Calleigh would take for being unethical and whatnot and how all the horrible things that happen in this world are EC's fault, yadayadayada... *yawns*

So I agree that number 2 still sounds like the most possible one. Not the greatest scenario for EC but I have high hopes that they'll work through it and that TPTB didn't just decide to throw the last 2 years to waste.

Actually I do think the ship is pretty popular. I just think that there's more vocal opinion and noise against it now because they became canon. I know there was a lot of talk from the non-shippers (before EC went canon) about how their relationship would never materialize because it was just a publicity stunt from TPTB to tease the shippers. I read that comment on this thread and on the CBS thread from different people. A lot of non-shippers agreed that it was just a stunt and that it would never happen. So I think that a lot of them were actually surprised that it did come true and this made them even more antagonistic. So I think that most of the people who don't like EC now did not like EC before but they just weren't so vocal about it because they were just waiting for all of it to go downhill. So now we hear so much noise but IMO it's just because now they are actually canon.

However, I've also read and heard about large numbers of shippers who are happy and who want them to stay together. Of course nobody can really say which group is bigger because there's not a universal poll we can based our info on. All I can say about numbers is what I see on this forum: 63 who voted on our hiphugger thread poll (and who votes on threads they dislike?) versus 10 or so persons who loyally write on the dislike thread against EC. So I do think EC is a pretty popular ship :).

Of course this just my opinion ;)

15. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.