Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

That's alright. I totally agree with everything you wrote! LOL, Cal isn't turning into Super H. Cal just knows Ryan well. They've always been shown as closer friends than him and Eric. I wasn't surprised she noticed something off about him. During Calleigh, Eric and Ryan scenes when Eric and Ryan are fighting seeing Calleigh in the middle of it reminded me of previous seasons.

LOL about Calleigh's bathroom. It is nice! So was the opening. It was way more than I was expecting, much more than what was shown in the preview clips. Not that I'm complaning. That opening with E/C was enough for me :)

2. scottylass

scottylass Dead on Arrival

My thoughts on why he was wearing the same clothes are that perhaps this was their first time "together" and that it happened unexpectedly after their "talk" from 7.19. idk, whatever the reason wet,semi naked Eric was a wonderful early birthday present for me:drool::thumbsup:. Overall I liked this episode I thought the stuff with Ryan was well done but he cleaned up a little too well if you ask me. I thought Calleigh and Eric's individual reactions to Ryan and the case where very in character but I was hoping for more of a discussion after the case was concluded among the three of them to "clear the air"

3. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

You're welcome. I'll try to stay optimistic. I just... I'd hate for E/C to crash and burn for some really really stupid reason after it built up for 7 long years (or 2, if we're counting Eric's head wound as the beginning of their serious interest in each other). I'd love to think that the writers won't do that, but I know that writers looooooove to mess with their audience. You know, keep 'em guessing, throw a wrench into the works and see how everyone deals, etc. I'd love for them to let this go smoothly. I really would.

I noticed the same thing. She was definitely wearing a robe and then something more lacy underneath. ;)

As much as I would ALSO love to see his... OK, his "bum"... I know they only show stuff like that on network tv every once in a blue moon, more often on cable dramas. But I definitely saw enough to tell that he wasn't wearing anything. His boxers would've been visible, given how much of his back we could see.

Oooooh and what fun it is to imagine! :drool:

I thought the same exact thing.

I also thought "c'mon, dude, you didn't notice that Delko is wearing the same outfit that he had on yesterday, but your spider sense is tingling because Calleigh is speaking in a cheerful tone of voice? Either you're too distracted with your own drama or you're not."

Thank you! :D It seems I just can't help myself, I've become an avatar-making fool.

Actually I'm also rather glad they kept it out. I thought the whole "OMG :shifty:, she's talking to Delko, let's see if she tells the truth about it" moment was a little weird for Ryan, in the context of this episode, because, again, he was supposed to be so wrapped up in his own business. Then again, like Eric said in season 2, they're CSI's! If they can't figure out something going on between two people, then... well...

Yeah... I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be sarcastic, snarky, whatever, but it seemed "off" to me too, like they threw the dialog in at the last minute because they needed him to say something as he marched off in a huff. Perhaps they should've had him say something more along the lines of "Watch out, I'm keeping secrets". You know, emphasizing the "I'm" to point out that he's not the only one. It would've been a good defensive mechanism at that point, making them feel like he's onto them so that they worry about their own situation instead of continuing to concentrate on his.

I think I did the exact same thing. :D

And ya know, I once read a fic wherein Calleigh wanted Eric to speak Russian to her while they were... ehm... in an "intimate" setting. I think she'll DEFINITELY want him to do that now. :devil:

That's what I meant. Not that E/C are moving too quickly in realistic terms because I know they're not. They might be moving too quickly in "TV terms", or rather, what I REALLY mean is - the audience might be seeing too much good stuff at once. So, really, the TPTB are "moving too fast" in terms of showing us amazing moments almost every episode. It makes me think they're trying to make us as happy as possible before they break things off between E/C way sooner than we'd prefer. But again... I'm gonna try to remain optimistic.

Thinking good thoughts. Goooooooooood thoughts.

Srsly, where is delkolover?!? :confused:

Anyway, uh... to end on a good note... Eric naked = :eek::thumbsup::drool::devil:

4. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

Thank god I'm not pathetic ! I'm in love with Eric/Adam! You can definitely say that the episode was Sexy! :drool:

OMG! Not only the shower scene but when he was getting out of bed!! :drool::drool: I drooled and nearly drowned! :drool: .
    When Ryan said that thing about secrets I was like WHAT? I didn't really get that but I guess it's about E/C or something or maybe it's just that my hiphugger lover mind has malfuctioned!:wtf::rolleyes:
    The smile/smirk in the bathroom was just so sweet and sexy!! :)
    Oh and when Eric spoke Russian that was just so sweet! I want to hear him speak Spanish again! Now that would be hot! :)

These where the bits that I forgot to write before. :rolleyes:

Can anybody make out the time that Eric gets up at on the clock on the bed scene? I'm just curious so I can get up at the same time as Eric! (Joking!:p I'm serious about the question though)

Ginna I love your avatar!! :drool::lol:

5. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Um, I might be totally off but when I saw that, I got the feeling she already knew that Eric spoke Russian. She didn't even look surprised when he spoke it back and she looked directly at him the entire time she said it. I really get the feeling that his biological dad is still behind a heck of a lot. Did we ever get confirmation of how high up in the Russian mafia he is?

And yes, Calleigh definitely sent him a look like "Hell yeah! That's my boyfriend!"

Not as good as the "I want to lay you out on this lab table and do you right now" look from the fingerprint on the knife scene in Target Specifc but it'll do ;)

Can anybody make out the time that Eric gets up at on the clock on the bed scene? I'm just curious so I can get up at the same time as Eric! (Joking!:p I'm serious about the question though)

I can tell you because I rewound it to look cause I'm a dork like that (*sheepish grin*). It was 6:37AM which makes sense if they have to be in at work by 8 or 8:30...maybe even 9, if their shift is 9-5.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  6. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I was thinking the same thing!! They must have great salaries, lol. Tough call on this one, lol. :lol::lol:

When Calleigh went in the bathroom and turned on the shower, it looks as if she turned it on for him because while she was doing that, he was getting out of bed. That was so sweet of her if that’s the case. While she was doing that and throughout the scene, I just kept saying to myself, wow, she has a really nice bathroom.

Oh Yes! He was definitely naked under those covers, from what I could tell. I freeze-framed it on him asleep, so peaceful and so adorable looking.:) I also put it into slo-mode to see what was going on when he woke up. He immediately swung his legs over the bed and we couldn’t see it for but a millisecond. I checked it out and you could tell he wasn’t wearing any undies!! If you freeze it when he’s sitting up, you can also tell he wasn’t because underwear would’ve shown a little by the waistline and there was nothing in sight.

Now the shower scene - froze that too. Sorry, but couldn’t help it.

I still can’t believe how much we got on this scene, though. I for one am happy that they are entering their personal lives on another level. Maybe we’ll get to see Eric’s apartment next. I think that taking it this direction will make the viewers relate to them more as people with regular lives outside of the lab. I think this episode goes down in history as the sexiest I’ve seen for my fave characters.

7. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

JackieGo630 I can answer your question. I put the link so you can check it out yourself just make sure to watch in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFpvhfPvnDE

Enjoy:thumbsup: From what I saw it seems its 6:31 or 6:37
    Correct me if I'm wrong;)

8. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Well I have to admit I'm a bit scared of it too. If they show us so many sweet moments between them now what are they planning next:confused:? But at the same time I comfort myself that there's still a lot more things to show. You know maybe next time they could take a shower together or they could wake up together. There's so many possibilities that it should be enough for next few seasons.:)
    The question is if the writers want to follow this path farther or maybe they want to try something different like breaking them up and more drama in their lives again. Though I still want to believe they have mercy and won't do that to us.

If I noticed it right the clock pointed out 6.37. So I get up almost at the same time.:)

9. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

I kind of think they're getting all this out so they can, to some extent, wrap the storyline. I don't think that means there is an imminent ending for E/C, though -- I'm hoping quite the opposite. They've spent two years building this, they've given it a lot of focus this season, and I think once E/C get outed (or at least admit things to Ryan so he'll stop making a fuss about it all the time), they'll be able to be kind of a back-burner storyline. The audience knows they're together, they've given us this glut of romance-oriented scenes this year, so hopefully in the future we'll just see them working together like they always have (but with a bit more eye sex - hehe).

We'll still be happy to know that they're together and happy, and the non-E/C fans won't have to get their panties in a twist over having the E/C scenes shoved in their face all the time. Plus, it would allow a lot more time for storylines for other characters like Natalia, who was only onscreen for a hot minute last night, or Frank, who rarely gets his own arc.

10. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

You are most certainly the wisest of us all. :)

THIS is how I will remain optimistic. I'll keep in mind that they may not intend on destroying the romance, but rather, intend on simply getting it out there in the open and then subduing it. I have to wonder... how're they gonna get around the IAB, Stetler, fraternization-rule nonsense?

More Super-H to the rescue? That's what I was thinking before I went and overthought the whole situation. H will protect them!

And YEAH, what the hell was that, giving Natalia such paltry screen time?? And where was Valera? Um, nowhere to be found, that's where. *grumbles*

11. SomewhereApart

Well, Calleigh and Jake would have flown under the IAB radar just fine if Eric hadn't opened his mouth. I think Calleigh and Eric will be much the same -- people will figure out they're together, and they just won't say anything about it. Nobody wants to see their friends upset, or having to break up, or having to transfer, so you'd think it would be a no-brainer to just zip the lip and not talk about it at work.

12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

It's possible that they could, as you say, fly under the radar, but... Ryan keeps poking his nose into their business! Suddenly he's hyper-interested in whatever he suspects is going on between Eric and Calleigh and now he's got Natalia wondering too. I haven't seen any indication that he plans on tattling to IAB or H, mind you, but he does seem rather intent to at least find out. Maybe they just need to come clean with him and he'll back off. *shrug*

13. SomewhereApart

I think he'd probably back off if they would just admit it -- I think that's what's stuck in his craw right now more than anything. I mean, date if you want, but don't try to pull one over on your coworkers who are trained to see things like that. I also don't think that Ryan giving them crap for it is going to flag IAB, unless he does it in front of someone from IAB. And Natalia has no reason to rat them out either. So their coworkers finding out is only really a problem because it widens the pool of people with potential to slip up in front of IAB, and I'm sure Calleigh doesn't want to go down that road again. Ironically -- and I think this is what Ryan is trying to point out -- trying to act like they're not together probably fuels more gossip than if they were just openly together. It's not like two CSIs dating is anything new.

14. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I was the one who said that it would probably be said by a certain crowd that the bathroom scene lacked chemistry between Eric and Calleigh, right? Because it has finally been said. Which brings me to my question..

How are they supposed to add all this supposed lacked chemistry in a 45 second scene where there is absolutely no talking, just people getting ready for the morning?

Personally, I thought the scene was done very well...

15. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I agree with you, that scene was definitely done right. But people who don't like E/C always find something to complain about. They said the scene lacked chemistry, but if this scene were more intenese then they'd say it was inappropriate, so I guess they just don't know what they want.
    For me it was subtle and sweet. Just because they didn't pounce on each other doesn't mean there wasn't any chemistry. I personally loved the bathroom scene and the significant looks they gave each other proves very well that the lack of chemistry is not a problem there.:)

Anyway I guess somewhereapart might be right. Maybe in the next season they want to focus their attention on other characters, so now they show us a lot of E/C, just because in the future it will be more of others and less of Eric, Calleigh and their relationships. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.