Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that. Now that you mention it though, that could be interesting. And really cute, if you think about it. I'd love to see Calleigh take care of Eric the way we know he's taken care of her, after her kidnapping, during SYG, in 7x14. He's been there for her so many times in the past; it could very well be leading up to a reversal of roles or something.

As much as I don't want either of them to be in any more danger now that they've finally found each other (let them have some happiness! :D :adore:), I think you could be onto something there, Jackie. And hey, lighthearted comments that nobody would think twice about oftentimes make the best examples of foreshadowing, like that one you just mentioned, ladyd10.

I love drama and angst and anything that ends up with either Calleigh or Eric needing to be cuddled and taken care of, awww, but I imagine both of them have seen enough of the inside of a hospital to last a lifetime. :lol: Until, of course, Calleigh has their baby, but that's still quite a ways in the future. ;) :lol:

2. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Well, I feel vindicated. Eric and Calleigh have FINALLY gone Canon and in a big way too. Last night's episode was amazing. The kiss (or kisses as it ultimately turned out) were perfect. Am I the only one to really really be excited that we can talk about their relationship WITHOUT using spoiler code? :lol:

Jackie, you hit the nail right on the head with you comment about how just damn cute they are (along with a TON of sex appeal) together. I can't wait to see how their relationship progresses. I am looking forward to see how they keep things on the D/L so they don't get in trouble with IA.:rolleyes:

Does anyone else think that Horatio already knows something? When Calleigh was helping Horatio in the lab, the concern coming from her was almost palpable. If he didn't have any suspicions, I don't think it'll be long before he does.:shifty:

Foreshadow much? The comment about the guns. I have no doubt that we are in for a role reversal where Calleigh protects Eric from danger rather than the other way around. ;)

All in all, I give the episode an A+++:p

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  3. mandystevens

mandystevens Hit and Run

omgggg i'm so late to talk about the episode 7.16. Sorry guys. I was kinda avoidaing coming here. I'm really tired of being so anxious everytime an new episode is gonna air, maybe if i didn't knew the things that will happen i'll not be as anxious :lol: but i couldn't stay away.

So the episode was Ok, in my opinion. I mean i just LOVED the scenes where Calleigh and Eric were together. The begining was soo :vulcan:, i was not into it. lol but when the INS guys went to get Eric, omg i think that was the first time i ever thought ' I love Natalia' :guffaw:She was like 'I'll kick your butt', that scene was awesomeeeee.
    The detention center was waaaaaaaaaayyy better that i ever imagined it would be. We could see that Calleigh was nervous, she was playing with her fingers the entire scene. And she was soooo serious. I love how she talked about their conversation at the hospital. & the 'I happen to like the lie' was AMAZING, the way she smiled and the way he smiled. aawww was perfect :adore: and owwww that scene was just perfection :)
    And of course their last scene was AAAAWWWWW AMAZING, PERFECT all the good words. We could finally see Calleigh's feelings. The dialogue between them was flawless, and the KISSES was OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG just pure HOTNESS :drool: I was not even a little disappointment;

But i'm really disappoitment and mad and sad about the photos on the USA article. I mean i was sooooo anxious to see the rest of the photoshoot and now they're not going to show us?! thats just mean. I wanted to see those pictures so bad. Maybe idk, they i'll show up sometime, i really hope so. But come on, those pictures might be so :drool:
    hahhahahaha And how they described how they were really touching and everything, that is one hot photoshoot, and i wanna see it. :lol:

4. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

An aside about the guns: remember, Calleigh is a highly knowledgable gun owner. She wouldn't have them all over her house all loaded and ready to go. That would be irresponsible. Not only that, but if found by an intruder, it could very well be the last mistake she ever made.

I keep my recurve (bow) unstrung and my crossbow is only strung because it isn't reliable if I keep dicking with the string. It's also just not good for the bow. Yes, I keep them clean and in perfect operating condition. Which reminds me, that episode last season, Cyber-lebrity, where Calleigh had to test fire compound bows had so much screw up inaccuracy. I threw my hands up in the air in despair. 25 lbs? NOBODY shoots a bow with no thrust except on a kiddie range at a Rennaisance Faire. I'm 5 foot nothing and whole 100 lbs and I shoot a 45lb. recurve (it's not weight but thrust poundage in physics). I used to shoot a 55, but my back got screwed up for other reasons. My 16th Century German hunting bow (crossbow) is a 75 lb. bad girl. I'd snap a little wimpy 25er in half. However, somebody, either during rehersal or perhaps she took archery lessons in summer camp or whatever, taught Emily to shoot and shoot well. Her grip was good, her stance solid, she did't lock her elbow (Look ma, no knock marks!) and she let it fly smoothly without the beginners upward jerk or forward thrust. Sorry, archery is a passion of mine. Oh, and when I gave the poundage for therecurve, that's not a compound bow, but a pre-17th Century hunting bow.

ixing on and off topics, but it expands the discussion. I just wish that Calleigh and Eric weren't on their "I'm-pissed-at-you" phase nd he had seen her prowess with the bows.

5. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

That thought had never even crossed my mind. Probably because I was too distracted thinking about how cute and sweet Calleigh and Eric are with eachother (aren't they adorable??) while I was watching lastnight's episode.

Anyway, that's a really good question. I'm not really sure if it could be foreshadowing something. Things are all positive and drama free for them right now.. I'd like to hope that neither of them would need any protecting.

Honestly, it was the marriage comment from her that gets me. I understand why'd she joke about it. I mean, her boyfriend could have been deported and of course she wants him there. I just doubt she would have ever said that if they were just friends or if this situation had happened in a different season. Hell, I doubt she would have even been the one to pick him up from the detention center or wherever.

6. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Errr where is midnight_tiptoes ?! Its a bit strange to go through E/Call theread without her posts. Š•specially now when this ship is so canon..

7. anamarya

anamarya Witness

I'm with you more than 100%.it was actually very nice the way that you put the scene in perspective

actually the only one relationship thati remember to go throu so many things and still manage to save the love is from a series of books. strangely they are mystery books...:devil:..ok, maybe is one more couple...but you know them:)
    and yes....she was glowing.... and he started also aftershe reasured him that she can take care of herself (and him for that mater)

exactly my thought.... Mr&Mrs Smith.... not very realistic....but we can expect it from Miami :devil:

it would be nice...continuity wise.. to have her prove her words.... even if it's not the russian mob, or Sharova, or even this season....
    thinking now about itit would be nice if Stetler would be there and got saved in the process....then he would have to stop the non sense about the rule...

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

No, you're not the only one. :D

Those kisses WERE great. They were subtle and brief, yet I could tell that there was supposed to be a lot of meaning and passion behind them. Or, at least, that's what I wanted to see. ;)

They ARE adorable, aren't they? I was actually thinking the same thing when I watched the episode the second time (because the first time I was just so overcome with joy that I could barely process anything other than the feeling of "WEEEEEEE!!"). Can you (or anyone here) imagine them with anyone else at this point? I just kept thinking "THIS is how it was always supposed to be for Calleigh and Eric, and it simply doesn't work any other way".

Oh, and of course Horatio knows about "them". I can guarantee that he knew they were in love before THEY know that they were in love. That's just how H rolls. He knows all. :cool:

One more thing: YES!! Let's see Calleigh pull a gun on someone and tell them that threatening Eric is the last thing they're ever gonna do on this earth before she puts a bullet between their eyes. Let's see tough and in-love Calleigh! I'd love it. :)

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I thought about foreshadowing when he kept telling her that he didn't want to put her in danger. I got this nagging feeling that somewhere down the road Eric's trouble would come up again and whoever wanted to harm him would come to him through Calleigh. Which I hope doesn't happen, or at least not this season, cause they've both been through so much already.

As for her protecting him maybe it doesn't even have to be from a dangerous situation per se, maybe we'll see her doing it when Stetler comes around. We've mentioned before that we see Calleigh taking charge and taking the fall for whatever consequences they might have (i.e. transferring to night shift, maybe). I think that after that statement (you protected me...) it would be easy to imagine her fighting with teeth and nails for Eric against Stetler. Even before the statement I could see her doing it but now, IDK, it's even more evident to me.

I also wanted to comment on Kristine's review and say that I completely agree on her comparisons between EC and the other CSI ships. I think the three of them have been presented in different ways and I love the lightness yet depth that EC has brought. Ok let me explain :lol: Lightness because they are playful and they are flirty and everything doesn't have to be so serious all the time. Like when she asked him to stay with her at the hospital and he said no and made her laugh. Or in this episode with the marriage thing, and "his cooking is not as good as mine", the guns, "I happen to like the lie"... They make each other smile in the worst of times and in doing that we the audience also smile and relax with them. That's especially important in a show that most of the time is so serious and intense. However, I also mention depth cause like we've mentioned they really and truly know each other. They are there for the other and between jokes and banter they say things that are really deep and meaningful. I am really happy that EC has been done this way and kudos to Emily and Adam for giving us such amazing chemistry :thumbsup:.

BTW I really wanted to see that photoshoot too :scream:.

I'm really having trouble with the multiquote thing :scream: so if someone could explain it to me, maybe through PM, I would really appreciate it. Thanks :)

10. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I just watched the entire episode. I must say it was well done, but if they took away all the EC stuff it would not be nowhere near great. But, of course, Emily and Adam did their magic and those scenes turned out to be fabulous.

Ladyd10, I've seen the little 'No' from Cal right before the first kiss. It was so cute. She wanted to reassure him and tell him that she'll be there no matter what, and with that kiss she kind of did all of that.

I don't know. It might be, it would be so Miami like if it was. I was always sure she'd protect him no matter what, but hearing her say it made me all mushy and warm inside. :adore: But, I agree with you, Miami is all like that foreshadowing and stuff... It could happen.

I'm so glad that Corey wrote something for them. I'm sure it's gonna be really cute. I can't wait.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but based on spoilers we know that 7.18, 7.19, 7.20 and 7.22 will have Hiphugger moments... That's so cool. And what's that episode where suspect takes off with Cal's gun? I'm sure there's gonna be something EC in it, because no matter how small the attack is, the fact is that Calleigh is going to be attacked and it will make Eric all protective and hot and sexy and... Well, you get the picture, right?

Yeah, I must ask (and I've seen someone asked that, too)... Where's midnight_tiptoe? She's not here now that Cal and Eric are going to have all that hot sex we've been waiting for so long.

One more question (sorry for going off topic): why won't my signature show?

11. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Well I must say I don't know. Eric is probably still in danger as the hit might still be on. Then with their jobs they are constantly faced with danger and we have seen them more than once being a little too close to the edge and being hurt. Will it really play out this year or will it be kept for later I'm not sure.

I took her statement as a commitment to each other. We know they trust each other more than they trust anyone else (they have said it several times in the past years). One is always there for the other no matter what. They love each other so it's only logical that they are ready to do whatever it takes to keep the other safe. It might also be a way of saying that they can't live in fear of what might happen or not.
    They have to embrace what they have and they will deal with whatever comes their way in due time. They will face things as a united front and so they will be stronger. It's the ultimate 'I have your back'.

12. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Oh i'm sure their will be something brought on in the story about Callleigh saying she woulod protect Eric. They will probably have her held a t gun point or maybe her will get held at gun point and she will have to shoot someone to save him. I'm sure they will come up with some kinda E/C clif hangger for us to bite our nails over this summer!

We will all go starcraving mad this summer now that E/C are canon. We'll be all stressed out and ready to climb the walls. I hope you Fanfic writers have your pens all ready because we are gonna need alot of good stories to get us through the summer so start wirting now and backem up on the hard drive! Lol!

I also agree that E/C alot differant from the other ships that have gotten together.
    Gris & sarah just seem to stiff in there love, & though I kinda like Danny & Lindsey and thay are a little fun they still don't have the playfullness that you get with E/C.
    The big secret romance this is kinda funny to when they act like they have no idea what people are talking about when they ask whats going on with them. Especialy when it comes to Ryan asking. He just thinks he so sure of everything, but he still isn't getting any insight as to whats really going on and it frustraits him in a way.

off topic for a moment! Is anyone interested in going to Hiphuggers Myspace and chatting live. The room mod says that one of the other ships do live chat on another page and they have alot of fu plus it frees up the boad from unessasary post and you can still jump back and forth and check the messages on this board!

If you are interest please PM me and I will give you the link if you do not have it, and I will go in and talk to on the page to. The more we use the Chat room the moore people we can attract to this thread. So let me know!

13. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I think that even if it was light hearted she really meant it. She knows that he still might be in danger and I'm sure now when they are together she'll do everything to protect him. And knowing the writers and their love to the drama I guess it's possible that maybe someday she will have to protect him and herself from danger, you know russian mob or something like that.;)
    And it may be cool and sexy scene, imagine pissed Calleigh with guns trying to protect her boyfriend from thugs, that would be awesome:lol:.
    But honestly I completly understand her need to make sure he'll be ok, they love each other so it's natural that they want to protect themselves. I just hope they won't have to do it too often, I guess they had enough drama in thier lives.;)

14. anamarya

anamarya Witness

well,back to the tags
    ohhh...yes he's bound to get protective, and worried,and yap...sexy and hot in that episode....he would be like that even if they woundn't date, but now..... he's going to get in so many wonderful ways.....
    anyway is a good think that from what we know (even of the things change they can not change 100%) we'll have E/C moments in the upcoming episodes... a line,a look, a joke,something to get us trough the week:)
    again,i do have to agree with you... is the ultimate "i have your back".and this is because they have each other backs at work and home.....

15. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

I have to say that I agree with almost everyone about the fact that the episode was great:D :) The way they couldn't keep their hands off each other and the way they smiled at each other, it was great:D After so long; FINALLY:D (feels good to say that)

Oh, and I also have a question, I hope you will tell me and others what you mean:)

"Do you think the writers will keep them together, and how long, forever?" It's a question I have been telling myself for a while:)

I sure hope for the best though:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.