Eric and Calleigh #33: Will You Stay With Me?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomewhereApart

SomewhereApart Prime Suspect

Thanks Ginnna! :)

And yeah, we're a chatty bunch, huh? But cmon, when they're releasing such adorable photos how can we not be?

2. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Yeah, we're definitely some pretty devoted fans. We can't help it though. Eric and Calleigh are great together.:)

7.16 is just 13 days away (I think). I mean, we're closer to it than we were last Monday. I'm sure the next couple weeks will go by fast. We can only be optimistic at this point since we are all getting what we wanted. Which is Eric and Calleigh finally getting together.

I don't know, I just keep getting the idea that they are already together.:shifty: We're just actually going to get to see it for the first time in 7.16. I really don't know though. I wasn't sure whether 7.14 was them getting together or finally entering into that whole begining of a possible relationship territory.

Does that make any sense? Hope so.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  3. SomewhereApart

I have a feeling they're already together as well, and that it happened at some point between the hospital and now. And I mean, let's be honest -- if they are anything near real time, then 7.14 took place on 2/2 (which we know it did, because they dated piece of evidence in that ep, and the date was 2/2/09), and if 7.16 is actually supposed to be March, that means that there's been Valentine's Day since the hospital stuff. And if Eric didn't get his poop in a group and finally take her on a proper date for V-Day, then he REALLY needs to grow a pair. :rolleyes:

4. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Yeah, we've been saying that Eric needs to grow a pair since.. Head Case, because he does. He told her how he felt, but she was unconcious. She might have said she heard him, but it's just not the same. It seemed good enough for her though.

Since there is a pretty large gap in between 7.14 and 7.16, you probably are are right. He should have already taken her on a date or so.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of them already being together or not. I really wanted to see it. Like see him ask her out or something. I guess we will find out in 7.16 though, if they are already together or not. The reason I think they are together already is because of that first picture that delkolover posted for us.

5. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Eric is such an enigma! On the one hand, he's a confident, reckless womanizer who goes "toothing" and has sex in public... and on the other, he's a timid, nervous, restrained, 6 foot tall mass of angsty love.

Like you said, I hope he gets his "poop in a group" (I've always loved that euphemism) and goes back to being confident (while leaving out the "reckless womanizer" bit).

I think you're both right, that they've got something going on by 716 and we're all going to be introduced into it after it's already begun. I just hope we get a few flashbacks to the "true" beginning (meaning their first real kiss or first blatant declaration of love to each other).

6. SomewhereApart

It would be very typical of Miami for them to already be together. I don't think we've ever actually seen anyone start dating on the show. Hagen and Calleigh were already together when season 2 started, Eric and Natalia had already slept together before it came up on the show at all, with Calleigh and Jake we saw more of an early arc to their relationship, but I don't think we saw the beginning of it. Maybe the kiss in the lab, but I'd bet they'd been out before then, plus they come with a built-in romantic history which makes things a little different.

So I would not be surprised at all if they're already together, because that's the way Miami seems to like to give us relationships. Which, I suppose, makes sense, because the show is more of a procedural than a character drama.

I think this relationship is going to be very good for both of them. He hasn't really been romantically involved (that we know of) since his shooting, and I think just being in a relationship with someone who is dynamic and confident will help to bring that out in him. And I think he's going to be very steady and solid for her, which is something that I think she really needs and hasn't gotten a lot of from the other guys she's been with. He also knows her very well, and understands her and how she works in a way that I don't think a lot of her previous lovers have.

7. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

So true, so true. Then again, we did get to see the beginnings of the relationship between H & Mari. But it's the exception to the rule, I know. *hangs head*

Here's the bright side - if the official canon leaves a big gaping hole right where the official E/C "getting together" takes place, the fanfic writers can pick up the slack. Again, I do so love fanfic!

And maybe if I bat my eyelashes and smile reeeeeeeal big, the immensely talented SomewhereApart will write one of those fanfics...

*bats eyelashes*

*smiles reeeeeeeeal big*

8. SomewhereApart

(I am terribly sad that there isn't a blushing smiley on this forum. We have a friggin KLINGON, but we can't blush?? Wtf? What am I supposed to put to accompany my "aw, shucks!"??)

*blush* Aw, shucks! Thank you!

And I would say that I will not be writing a post-ep, on account of I'm in the middle of two solo WIPs and one co-authored WIP. And I already wrote them finally getting together on V-Day. However, writing fanfiction seems to be like crack for me. I just can't quit it. And I'm gonna wager there will be a one-shot inspired by the next new episode. If I finish Tuck and Sofitel before March 2, maybe it will be more than a one-shot.

9. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Wow! I go to bed for a few hour this afternoon and all hell breaks loose over here! great Pics glad to see they threw a bone for a change sence we have to wait so dang long for the Ep.

I think that second pic looks like it should be the first one. Like he just came out of the center and she is smiling and he is saying something about hes free and look whos come to get him. The other looks like they had convertation and he has told her hes glad shes there for him and they are about to seal the deal.
    Now if you guys would kindley make your way To the new Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=51244839821

And leave some comment and lets get a Facebook party started oveer there! We need to get everybody interested so that will use the page. Please post links, & pictures, And lots of comments like we do here. and please mention and invite people to this thread for discution. We need to get people exited about it so we get some new people.

10. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

No no no, thank YOU! :thumbsup:

I read that V-day fic (LOVED it, btw) and I've been following Sofitel since you started writing it (though I don't think I've left many reviews... sorry... :(). Oh, and I've read Tuck as well. Hehe, seems I'm following pretty much all of your work.

I'm crossing my fingers for that oneshot, though... that is, if you have time. :D

11. CalleighIris

CalleighIris Dead on Arrival

whaaaaaaaaa just can't wait :D i have vacation on 20 feb Next friday until 2 march whaa i can only watch it on 3 march (school just give me the day free :D) thank u for those pics who ever psted them (sorry for my really bad english)
    xox

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Okay, I bet we'll get though this thread before the episode airs. I mean, if we are talking this much about two pictures (great ones by the way), imagine what's gonna happen when we get a promo.

I agree about the hips thing on the first photo. It's so intimate. And looking at Cal's legs you can see that she's leaning with her hips (great progress for her). Eric is leaning for a kiss though, and she's just looking at his wonderful, sexy lips. I must say that I had some issues with how Cal's make up was done, but the make up artists are doing better and better. Cal looks great on those pictures. But, you know, maybe that's just a woman in love look and has nothing to do with make up. Oh, and the pic where she's visiting him in the detention center is just adorable. She's so in love with him. No one can say that it's only Eric who has romantic feelings, now.

SomewhereApart are you trying to say that there might be an update or two, soon? :) I sure can't wait. I still remember your first fic (it was fabulous) and they are just getting better and better.

13. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I can't keep hoping for an actual Emily/Adam romance in reality! They've known each other for years within character and outside and for them to play this part has to be easy...I still think they secretly have crushes on each other and just dont want to admit it...well maybe Adam, but Emily sure says it a lot in her interviews!

14. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I still have 714 on my DVR (and it's going to stay there as long as I have the space for it), and I've just rewatched the ending for the umpteenth time, and I've had a thought. I'm going to share that thought with you now.

You're been warned.

I think, when Eric responded to Calleigh's question of "Will you stay with me?", his response was actually BETTER than saying "yes". I mean, I know it was a joke and everything, but it struck me as entirely appropriate since such a question deserves a little mockery. Why? Because, at this point, she doesn't even need to ask. He would have taken every second he could possibly spare and given them all to her no matter what, and THAT speaks volumes about his feelings, about what kind of man he's become, about their relationship, etc. She never needs to ask. EVER. So answering "no" and then laughing about it was the correct response, absolutely, because at this point it's silly for her to even ask - he's GOING to be there, and that's just how things are.

Um, yeah, no one really needs to respond to this or anything, but the thought popped into my mind and I couldn't think of any other place to put it, so...... YOU ALL GET TO SUFFER THROUGH MY INANE RAMBLINGS! Muah ha ha ha ha!

And that's all.

*runs and hides*

15. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Wow we are really a chatty bunch :lol:

I also tend to think that they are already together when the episode starts. Her visiting him at the detention center with a goodie bag is for my romantic heart a very intimate thing to do. The pics at tv.com show that H went to see him too, so for me that visit covers the case part of the story. Calleigh is there on her personal time, but I guess being a colleague is a good excuse. We mustn't forget that normally we should have had some comments by the judge about them dating in 715 which weren't shown for lack of time and will to concentrate on the case.

I've never had a ship actually happen, so I have no clue how it will affect my writing... one thing is sure I have abandoned tons of storylines because they were miles away from what was happening on the show... I'm not really into weddings and baby fics (even though I have written one), so I doubt I wil go down that road.
    :wtf: and I just realized that with all the staring at the pics last night, I totally forgot to update Girl Talk as I had planned to do. That won't happen before tomorrow as I leave for a business trip in 15 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.