Eric and Calleigh #24 -- I Trust You With My Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Eric/Calleigh #25: traffic-jam in the pleasure grotto!"

:lol: I like that one. I don't think we can use the word horny in thread titles, though in the old days we had a thread title that went "Divers Go Deeper," but then everyone got all pure and "think of the children!" on us.

That interview makes me feel better because it's obvious that E/C is the major storyline here, and Jake is just that, a complication. Corey also confirmed what we already knew: that Eric and Calleigh have always wanted to be together but have never found the right moment. I'm not worried. This storyline won't be dropped, it's getting too much press. Hell, it's getting much more attention than Horatio/Yelina ever got.

I like "Eric/Calleigh #25: traffic-jam in the pleasure grotto!"

Jake is just a speed bump imo. Something to keep the E/C storyline dramatic and Corey said as much in his interview. Things would be boring if there was no drama and/or complications and the fact that the writers are adding the extra drama means they are committed to making something happen with these two eventually.

Doesn't mean it is not going to be hard to watch but it will be interesting and that is what the writers are attempting to do; keep/make things interesting.

I don't know why the whole "Eric might be seeing things that aren't there!" thing. Calleigh confirmed in the finale that she returns at least some of his feelings and the only reason why she's not with Eric is because of work. So that argument at this point is kinda moot, though I think he keeps saying it to keep the haters happy or something. But seriously, no.

I like to speed through bumps :D. And then back down and run over them again and again.

Yeah no, maybe at first Eric was seeing some things that weren't there but HELLO she kissed him on the cheek in the lab...that is soo not Calleigh and that is so not Calleigh just being platonic. She has feelings for him and maybe at first he was more hyper sensitive to it b/c of his injury but she definately began to feel it too; especially in Burned.

So that whole Eric was imagining shit between them is definately a moot point and just bull that for some reason Corey feels the need to constantly say. In the end, whatever writer gives an interview they always try to make both sides of the fan spectrum happy by saying one thing and then contradicting it. That is how they keep the fans watching; giving both sides something to chew on b/c if everything was one sided only the fans of those certain aspects of the show would watch. It is actually pretty smart on their part.

The kiss could be debatable, cause you know, it was on the cheek and all. But I don't see how Burned and BTK can be debatable. The scene in Burned, especially. My God, they gazed into each other's eyes in silence for like a minute. That is not Eric seeing things. And then Calleigh whispers his name breathlessly, that is not Eric seeings things. Calleigh telling Eric "we work together" is not debatable. If she didn't have any feelings for him she could've just said, "you know, I just don't feel the same way" and left it at that. "I don't feel for Jake what I feel for you" is not debatable!

Corey's a good diplomat. It's good, I guess. He doesn't wanna give much away. I would probably do the same if I were him. But yeah, Eric is not seeing things. I hope they don't try to spoon-feed us that this season, cause I ain't swallowing it.

Just saw the promo last night after CSI and................
Eric looked so good running with his gun. I think they showed a glimpse of him smiling but I don't why?! Probably because he saw Calleigh. As for those two who were kissing I really don't think it was Cake. Since they showed it so quick it could be a misconception on our parts. You know how they like to screw with our heads with the promo's. Remember the BTK promo when they made it seem like the killer was going after Cal cause he said the blonde and they flashed her smiling. I know I only saw the promo once but it's just how I see it.

Midnight said: Corey's a good diplomat. It's good, I guess. He doesn't wanna give much away. I would probably do the same if I were him. But yeah, Eric is not seeing things. I hope they don't try to spoon-feed us that this season, cause I ain't swallowing it.

I can see them spoon feeding it to us in the first few eps but if they continue to do it after they have made their point (whatever that might be) it will get old and stupid and make Eric look desperate and delusional; which we know he is neither when it comes to Calleigh. And I think it is quite possible that they are going to use Eric's injury, at some point, as a way to get Calleigh over her phobia about dating someone from work. But I think that will be after Jake leaves, not while he is still around....that would be too cliched and way too dramatic. Like Corey said, they don't like to go home too often with their characters.

Although I could see Jake, being the ass that he is, know that Eric is having problems with his injury and work and use that as a way to cover up a mistake he makes by blaming Eric.

Part of me just wants to smack Calleigh and say "wake up stupid!"

I still haven't even seen the promo. Caro = FTW.

Here's one, do you guys think Jake knows about E/C? How will he reacts when he finds out?

Jake is inherently cocky, so I don't think he'll be the understanding boyfriend. "By all means, honey, do go out with your best friend, who is in love with you and who you may have feelings for. It's okay. I'll just stay home and re-read Little Women."

I think he'll be pissed. Maybe not pissed, but he won't be pleased. Jake is very competitive, as Calleigh said. He wants to be number one all the time. So when Jake finds out, he'll definitely be snarky with Eric, and possibly even rub his relationship with Calleigh all over Eric's face. While at the same time, I think he'll start to become increasingly worried because really competitive people are insecure at heart. And what Eric and Calleigh have, he can't have with Calleigh. She's sleeping with him, but as she said in the finale, she trusts Eric with her life. She's not so sure about Jake.

So we'll definitely see a testosterone battle, I think. I don't see Jake dismissing it at all. And when he does start to worry he'll probably exhibit that feeling in a very unhealthy way. Not that he'll, like, beat her or anything, but he won't show a pretty side. Not that he has one now, though.

Edited because "sure" and "side" are two different words.

I think he'll deal with it by coming out of the closet.

I really don't wanna see a testosterone battle. Creatively, it would make more sense for Jake not to know. That way, we won't have to endure the petty "she's mine huurrr!" tantrums. Besides, I don't think Eric would go down to Jake's level, anyway. He knows Calleigh would really hate that.

But since Jake isn't blind I'm guessing he will. I don't know how he'd react. Not well, I suppose. I'm more interested in Calleigh's reaction to Jake knowing. What if he confronts her about it? What would she say?

If Jake figures it out and I think he will he will be none too pleased b/c he does value being number one in everything....it is an ego thing with him.

Jake will probably say something to Calleigh but he won't be nice about it if it concerns Eric and that will send Cal on defensive. You don't talk meanly about Eric to Calleigh; doesn't matter who you are. She will defend Eric and that will piss Jake off even more.

I could see Jake making a pissy comment to Eric about Cal being his but I have a feeling that if it came to that, that convo would get right back to Cal and then Jake better watch out...you think testosterone is bad; Calleigh's estrogen is worse!

Oh God I would be more scared of Calleigh than Jake and Eric put together. She would totally kick both their asses. And will. I really can't see Jake and Calleigh's personalities meshing well. They spent so much time clashing this season. Jake and Calleigh are like those people who can't be around each other except when they're having hot sex. I don't really see them getting too deep.

So Jake will probably resent the fact that Calleigh can talk to Eric and get emotional and personal with Eric. And I think deep down both Jake and Calleigh know they're not right together, but Calleigh is too scared of her feelings for Eric and Jake is too obsessed with winning, so insta-relationship. I don't think it'll last too long. Color me shocked if it does. And horrified. And a bit nauseous.

If the relationship lasts past Feb sweeps I will yak! Jake and Calleigh just come across as the totally wrong couple and not just b/c I want E/C together. When onscreen together these two have absolutely no chemistry whatsoever so it makes the whole idea of a relationship seem like we've entered the Twilight Zone!

On the upside of things, there are only 25 days until the season premiere!

I really can't see them lasting long, especially with the whole Eric issue. I couldn't even see them lasting long without Eric in the picture. Jake and Calleigh are just too competitive and stubborn to ever have a peaceful relationship.

Do you guys think they'll do something with Eric's brain injury? It seems to be in Corey's mind a lot.

The scene in Burned, especially. My God, they gazed into each other's eyes in silence for like a minute. That is not Eric seeing things. And then Calleigh whispers his name breathlessly, that is not Eric seeings things.
I completely agree. The look on Calleigh's face as they stared into each other's eyes, and as she whispered "Eric", was not a look that said "Oh, you're reading too much into this" or "stop holding my finger" or "this is getting awkward"...it was more "I think I love you" or "this is really nice".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back