Episode 9x18 About Face ****SPOILERS****

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by MelxxWhoLuvsYa, Mar 24, 2011.

1. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Episode was so-so.

This "only 1 scene with Calleigh" thing is getting old. And despite being broken up by a commercial break, this week's episode really was just one scene. One and a half if you really want to stretch it. Can't she get two? Maybe even 2 and a half?

The plot was quite unoriginal. It was a rendition of the whole "Craigslist killer" news story, just with the minor detail that the convicted was actually innocent (which is another unoriginal element in and of itself). They could've done better.

Not a fan of Natalia, but she was tolerable in this episode.

Definitely excited that Ryan's getting a love interest. I couldn't stand Molly on her first episode- she seemed ditzy and annoying, but improved a lot after that. She seems like she might be a nice match for him.

I lol'd. :lol: You're absolutely right. It's like if Horatio isn't getting any, nobody else can either. Eric and Calleigh are a mess, Frank's been divorced and single forever...Ryan and Walter have pretty much never had a significant other. Maybe this new love interest for Horatio will be a good thing, if it means other people can get some loving too.

2. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Very good episode! Enjoyed Natalia and was very surprised and happy that Ryan had more screen time than I thought he would. I like Molly alot and was excited when she made the first move on Ryan! That was so cute! I hope they develop this relationship. Loved the ending because it foreshadowed what's coming up in the last two episodes. The next episode looks exciting!

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yeah. I pretty much nailed him the minute I saw him. For me it was the actor they cast. He's really good, but he NEVER plays a good guy and the minute I saw him I knew he had to be killer. :lol:

4. dreamer285

dreamer285 Hit and Run

Oh I watched it (no worries!), I just wasn't paying close enough attention :p I thought they went, it was kind of open ended...oh well we'll see in the next coming weeks (finger's crossed!)

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Same here,I knew it was the witness too.He just looked like a creep.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Actually, he did at least once. He was a cop on an episode of Criminal Minds. He had a bit of an attitude, but wasn't a bad guy lol. But yeah, mostly everything else I've seen him in, he played a villain lol. For me though, it was the way the character kept acting about the reward money... dead giveaway (no pun intended).

The music playing as Natalia walked down the concrete at the school reminded me of the music playing whenever they showed a girl in the original Halloween movie walking down the sidewalk and Michael Myers was watching her.

Ryan's blue shirt was very bright.... but pretty. Does his hair look shorter on the sides to anyone else?

Patrick is the uncle from Grounded for Life.

Molly: I thought today was your day off.
    Ryan: I didn't realize you were following my schedule so closely. :lol:

Does the dead girl's ex-roommate remind anyone else of Mandy Moore?

Good to see Dave again.

Okay, that broken square screen thing (when Nat was processing the bottle) was really weird.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, Eva LaRue as Natalia, did a spectatcular acting job in this one. How she got her self un tied and overcame the guy.:wtf:what was a bit off-the-wall, the SUV tumbled over and over, down the hillside and she came out with only a scratch on her forehead and a hurt arm. And he escaped. Kinda of unreal, but never-the-less, she was amazing. She knew that Patrick wasn't the one. So it was the creepy wittness, He only wanted the money. and his self righteous attitude to save the world from these "women" who in hs sick mind were all wrong. Why have they scuttled Calleigh in a minor role? and what's up with Ryan and Molly, is that going to be a new romance?

8. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

This is a CRIME DRAMA, not a soap opera.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Hi Desertwind

Actually,Eva did get herself untied. In an interview,she stated that she was in fact tied and taped and got herself untied several times and it was used in the episode.That was probably why it seemed a little long.
    As far as Calleigh,people are forgeting that she returned after an extremely short maternity leave and she had a cesarean delivery. She is new to balancing motherhood and working,and all that comes with it.She herself stated during the taping of her first episode back, she was thinking of feeding her daughter. From the pictures that where taken about 3 weeks ago,she also still has some pregnancy weight.I'm sure Emily/Calleigh will be back ,just give her time.

10. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I haven't watched it yet but heard on the CBS board that Horatio was really upset by the situation with the convicts and even had to leave the room to compose himself? What's up with that??

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    Horatio was upset because he believed the victim was murdered by an escaped convict that they failed to bring in.He stated"this is on us",the woman was murderd because the convict was still out there instead of behind bars.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This episode's going into my top 5 S9 faves. Loved it.

I didn't think I'd feel sorry for Patrick, but really how could I not -- what a terrible thing to have to go through, & to lose your wife & son on top of it all.

Gary was a total creeper. I pegged him early on, although mainly because of what Adam said about the character in an interview.

Natalia was superb from beginning to end. Just an all around awesome woman!

I wished we'd seen Horatio a little more involved - I felt he was missing a little. But at the same time, I'm grateful that he didn't just sweep in & save the day/case in usual H-style. It allowed Natalia to do her own thing, with the team helping along....I have to add, I loved that even though they were questioning her "stability", they stuck with her the entire episode. That was nice to see.

Ryan & Molly. Honestly I can't judge just yet, there isn't enough there. I like her, she seems sweet enough. I like how Ryan was a little excited of her asking him out, yet he seemed a little cautious too...but from what he's witnessed in relationships among the lab, I can't blame him. I hope to see something develop for him here - it doesn't have to be huge, but It'd be nice to see him with a semi-steady ladyfriend for a change.

A+

13. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Thanks. I saw some photos from the episode, and wow, H looked exhausted and on the verge of a breakdown. This convict thing is really getting to him. He needs to understand it's not his fault they haven't caught them... I really hope that when Renee comes into his life, it will help bring him out of the dark place he's been in this season.

14. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Really? I had no idea! :lol: I'm not asking for her to have dramatic soap opera-like scenes. Just for her to be a little more involved in the investigation. I would be saying the same thing if it was a different character I liked and wanted to see more of. More scenes with Calleigh does not have to mean a switch to a soap-opera type show.

15. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

After you have a baby, your large stomach doesn't just go away automatically. I imagine she is still pretty large, thus she can't perform in as many scenes as people may like.

If and when there is a Season 10, she will have a lot more screen time.