Episode 9x11 - 'F-T-F' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I did like this episode a lot. I learned a new language of cyber lingo. Did not know F-T-F meant "face to face" hence the title. And the other letters Walter and Natalia mentioned, good info for online chatting. And I agree one should be careful of what they say online if someone is under age.

but about the episode:

I did love the way Frank sounded like a telemarketer/call center staff. :guffaw: but hey he got the dude to stay.

Walter yelling at Tom about the scull :guffaw: those two crack me up every time. I find they both bring a lot of humour to the show.

Horatio being sarcastic about the missing gun. "Maybe the armadillo walked away with it." too funny. :guffaw: but H is kind of sarcastic at times. And wouldn't H smell of the water as much as Ryan and Walter would?! :vulcan: hmmm

I love Natalia and her laugh is like music to the soul.

Another lab tech?!?! I mean really! OK so she mentioned Travis but is he coming back again?! Sure hope so. And Dave too.

A question. Did Emily have her baby yet?! Just wondering.

I give this epi an A and David Arquette a gold star. Good work. :thumbsup:

2. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

lol yea may be like his sun glasses... :)

3. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

So, I absolutely LOVED tonight's episode. I didn't expect it to be that good. I kinda did figure out that it was the mom though, from the first time they went to the house. As someone else has mentioned, there is a documentary about online chatting... a true story. I think the name of it is OneHotBlond or something... anyway, it's pretty close to what this episode was..! It didn't bother me at all though, because it was original for a CSI episode.

That being said, I loved all of the detail put into the episode, as well as the one bullet killing two people... that was INSANE!!! I'd never seen or heard of anything like that, but when you think about it, it's actually plausible. Can you imagine?! There's more, I know there is, but my cold meds will not let me think to put it into words! :lol:

Over all amazing episode. Love, love, LOVED it. And wet!Ryan too.... :D

4. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

loved this episode-David Arquette did a great job. Liked all the details and I didn't know the F-T-F meaning until they mentioned it..LOVED the ending of Horatio letting the 18yr old kid/killer get a reality check-hello boy you murdered a person for someone you didnt' know and seeing and hearing his reactions to being betrayed like that-few times do they let 'suspects' interract like that but that woman had it coming. Trying to escape her life by pretending to be her daughter and that older man pretending to be a young hero..well actions have consequences and that lady will be in jail along time and she lost her real family. About Horatio and the suits-yeah I'm sure he keeps similiar suits at work and he just changed-I mean they investigate crime scenes and could get splatter or transfer even in the lab w/a coat on so that's not a stretch...oh and Calleigh still glows so maybe she was still pregnant in that episode. As for next week-Ryan gets slugged? ouch on his perfect face too!

5. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I really like this episode! It was creepy but was a one of my faves of Miami (I have only been watching for about 10 months, so haven't seen many). I think Justin was quite hot. Too bad he killed for the cougar woman. Seems like I'd seen a similar case on another crime drama, but don't remember which one. One of the downsides was Ryan wasn't on as much. Plus the bullet killing two people seemed farfetched to put it lightly. None the less, good Miami!

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Unbeliable as it is, I did read of it happening a while ago.
    I too would have liked to see more Ryan.

7. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Poor woman in the car though. And her son, who was cute too. They got a crop of nice looking dude for that episode.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was reminded of that as well.

Would a bursting water main really be so noisy that you couldn't hear someone talking to you? And how was the thing purple? It looked kind of maroon or magenta colored to me... maybe my bedroom tv just has bad coloring... its not exactly new and it isn't an HD one.

Darin Brooks sure had a tiny part. When I saw his name on the credits, I thought he'd end up playing the killer, but he was the guy the killer paid to show up in the parking garage.

It was strange how the man was shot and the bullet ended up going through him and killing that woman.

LOL at Natalia saying FTF sounds nasty and Walter saying it means face to face. Seeing him use the chat speak was interesting.

Funniest line of the whole episode was when Frank was on the phone and said: "New Mexico is NOT a foreign country!" :guffaw:

It sure took Ryan a long time to shower and change. I do like that blue shirt on him though.

So Travers is on a romantic excursion? Interesting. And I thought the new chick was supposed to have scenes with Ryan in this episode? They must have cut that out too like they did the ex-girlfriend thing in the last episode. And she must have colored her hair. I think in the pic I saw of the actress she was blonde.

I was a little relieved that the guy was really talking to the mother and not the daughter, but I find it appalling that the mother would use her own daughter's picture like that. She put her daughter in potential danger that way.

These people are so stupid to think that they can just explain their reasons for murdering someone and they'll be able to go back home and resume their lives.

I did like that Horatio put the boy in the cell with the mother and let him yell at her for what she did.

Yeah, I liked Frank pretending to be the credit card company employee lol.

Cal telling Ryan that he smelled kind of reminded me of Sara on LV when she and Nick (I think it was Nick) were investigating the "liquid guy" and Sara's boyfriend Hank told her she smelled lol. Except Calleigh was much nicer about it than Hank was lol.

Miami pulled a Law and Order then. Ripped from the headlines. I don't think I heard about that case though.

I kind of liked how they showed the computer screens and showed the person chatting and it looked kind of like a mirror. That looked kind of neat. And I'm so glad the split-screens seem to be gone for now.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I heard about the case. People do so many strange things,the writers of another show stated as long as people continue to do such thngs ,they will be able to come up with stories.

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

A much better episode than last week's. No damsel in distress but a solid episode with a warning to all.
    One, you truly don't know who is on the other end of that computer screen and two, your fantasy life is just that, a fantasy.
    This mom cost herself her freedom and her family for a lie. The stupid young man in this story killed two people, all for a person he didn't even know for a fantasy.
    The scene at the end was the best. These two were forced to face one and for all the truth..and how their fake life led to a reality of being in prison for the rest of their lives.

11. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Completely different character. Leven Rambin's character "Molly" won't be shown until February.

12. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Pretty good. My faith in Miami is coming back.

There's still something that annoys me about Walter having a firearm and a badge. Wasn't he a lab tech who transferred from the night shift? Although I did laugh about his reaction to the skull.

STOP IT WITH THE DAMN SPLIT SCREENS ALREADY!!:scream:

I liked the way Frank stalled that guy while the units rolled. "Have a nice day!"

Seems like they show Ryan for one big scene, and that's it.

The plot was spot on. Online chatting is more addictive than people realize. Like smoking, drugs, drinking, credit cards, etc, it starts out as harmless fun, but it just gets worse and worse until the addictee is totally out of control and will do anything to feed his/her habit. I can believe the mother using her daughter's profile.

OMG!! Is that Horatio in the lab?? I forgot what he looks like with a labcoat!!:wtf:

imo Dave Benton should have been in there analyzing the chat history and working the computer in the lab. The show is fast turning into the "Walter Can Do Anything" show. :rolleyes:

It is what it is. But they're getting better. Keep up the good work.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  13. GregNickRyanFan

So wait... there are two new trace tech women? I'm so confused LOL. Why do we need two new ones? Or is the one that was on last night just a one time fill in? She was a little bubbly, but I kind of liked her and wouldn't mind seeing her again (as long as Travers remains the main trace tech).

There were split screens in this episode? I didn't even notice any this time around LOL. I guess they weren't as annoying as usual lol.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Some good acting in this one, but sad that people have to go online to find social contacts:( The kid was good looking, so why wasn't he finding girls at school or a social club. And the mom, EWWW, gross, get a life and do something productive. And wasn't the guy Martin, the fake Shane a Arquette family member? Their all over the place. Natalia and Walter worked good together in this one [damn she's beautiful] . I was just amazed that this internet supposedly fun, went to this tragic ending:(

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  15. GregNickRyanFan

Yep, it was Richmond Arquette. I think he's another brother. I thought there were only two brothers David and Alexis and two sisters Rosanna and Patricia. But someone said earlier that Richmond is a brother too.