Episode 9x01 - "Fallen" ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 1, 2010.

1. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I have been anxiously awaiting the season premiere of CSI Miami and I was not disappointed. I am sad to see Jesse go and the team wasn't given much time to show grief in his death since Starling kept them busy with many twists to his sick plan

I felt bad for H when he asked why he couldn't save Jesse like he did the others.

I liked Walter's scene with Jesse too, him saying his goodbye to him

I also liked Calleigh's scene where she was getting him ready so he could be sent to his mom.

I wish Ryan got a scene like that, but the ending was nice seeing everyone playing basketball in Jesse's memory (him and Walter had a game planned that night).

I am going to miss Jesse, I hate it when characters are killed off. He was a great addition to the cast and made an impact in the short time he was on the team, wish Eddie all the best!

2. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Air would seriously revive everyone that fast?!

Wow. Jesse is dead before the credits... and poor Natalia. :'( I feel really bad for her.

No more Jesse in the credits, but they have Eric back in there.

SERIOUSLY?! Jesse died cuz he hit his head?! I thought it was gonna have something to do with whatever happened to his wife.

Team work, yaaay!

Aaaw Walter. :(

Walter found glass in Jesse's head. I love how hard Walter is working.

Dave Benton!

LOVE Ryan and Eric doing the math together.

Yeya Horatio, you break that window and save that girl.

"When someone lies to me, it really, really hurts my feelings."

That new Q&D girl has a weird voice.

Hahahahaaa Travers! Oh, you're amazing.

No Horatio, you're not the bomb squad.... and the bomb is fake. And the guy is escaping...

Oh wow, he got away. -_- This scene really reminded me of I think either the season six finale or the season seven premiere when Frank let what's his face get away...

Yep, I knew Melissa would be in on it when they found the sand in the bullets.

I've heard this song on Miami before.

AAAAW I LOVED THE ENDING SO FREAKING MUCH!

This was actually a pretty good episode. I enjoyed it quite a lot. ^_^ Glad Miami is back. :D

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:):)Excellent episode all around. The music harkened back to "Death Pool 100", another assemblage of the team at the end. It's nice to see a thread from the past carried forward, in deference to continuity.

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I agree, I did find it odd the way everyone started regaining concious as soon as fresh air came in and were fine. It would've helped to see or hear that everyone was checked out by paramedics before seeing them all back at work so fast

Travers is adorable!!

5. frenchbro

frenchbro Civilian

It should have been Eirc, I was so glad when I thought he was gone. Now they take out the most mature one on the show (apart from H of course) They all act like babies at times. Oh well I still like it.

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Happily excited that Miami was back on tonight.

I love an angry Horatio, haven't seen that in a while.

Love that Eric & Horatio are working together, I really missed that last season.

Travers & Dave, that made me extremely happy.

The lab tech girl, annoying, please dont make her come back. bring back Valera.

I'm English, Byron is in my blood...LOVE Travers!

Walter saying bye to Jesse, fitting as they were friends.

The bad guy was really psycho, I liked it.

Caught the hug between Ryan & Nat, that was cute.

Great episode, welcome back Miami

7. dreamer285

dreamer285 Hit and Run

Totall agree with all of the above! BUT...maybe it's just me but when Ryan said he and Calleigh had a bet riding it bugged me, I thought Ryan didn't gamble...I don't know, I guess it was innocent enough, but kind of bad continuity for me..but I still really liked the episode esp. the whole team together!

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^

I think the bet between Calleigh and Ryan is suppose to innocent,but I do see your point dreamer.

9. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

All I can say is WOW! I loved the episode. I never really had a chance to fully fall in love with Jesse so I wasn`t crushed when I found out he wasn`t going to return but the Premiere was AMAZING! I loved the ending scene and such, and I swear that I have heard that song on Miami before I just can`t remember what episode or season! It is going to drive me crazy. Not a lot of Calleigh scenes but I am sure that she will have more scenes in the second half of the season! And hopefully more Eric and Calleigh!!!! Overall 100% for me :)

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I was actually surprised by my enjoyment of the premiere. The speed of the revival of everyone seemed off at first, until I remembered that CSI:NY episode that dealt with the guy that looked dead but wasn't. Mac "killed" a mouse and it came back to life almost as soon as oxygen was reintroduced into its system.

I liked the basketball game. It was pretty cute, actually.

Ah, old school. It almost doesn't feel like Miami.

I kind of really love Melissa Walls, or at the very least her actress. The look on her face when she realized that her smartass act just got her in way over her head was perfect, IMO.

11. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I still am not and probably never will forgive Miami for killing off Jesse.

But I suppose I should be glad that they at least put him as guest star in the credits and gave him a few scenes of goodbye and montage with the other characters, that Horatio got VERY angry and rough with the suspects because they killed Jesse, and that even with his death, he was able to lead the others to catch the real killer. Nice tribute with the basketball game, it was sweet enough.

But I agree with what Eddie said, the death was rather anti-climatic, and that's a nice way of putting it, but at least Eddie acted the hell out of it, so good for him. The rest of it was just a normal episode, it wasn't anything too amazing, and probably now with Jesse gone, I'll watch it whenever I have time instead of watching it live. Way to go Miami for giving me a reason to go on another Miami Sabbatical.

I do have to give kudos to Eva LaRue, Omar Miller, Emily Procter, and David Caruso for giving me those little moments of sadness shown of Jesse's death. It was heartbreaking to see Natalia scream and cry, I felt her pain. Walter's soft-voiced goodbye and anger at them not cleaning Jesse's face was true and real as he was probably one of the closest friends to Jesse out of the CSIs. Calleigh dressing Jesse in uniform and telling him to have a safe trip was a nice touch. And to see Horatio's tightly veiled anger simmering underneath his usually calm demeanor was in tune to the fact that Jesse was one of Horatio's old friends, if anything, Horatio wasn't one to stand by when anyone hurts his people. David Caruso's always had that ability to look threatening even without lifting a finger, the more calm and cold his eyes appeared, the more threatening and dangerous he became. I did chuckle when H said "When someone lies to me, it really really hurts my feelings"

I wish they showed Ryan's reaction too as him and Jesse and Walter were quite the Musketeers. I will miss my Musketeers! :(

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  12. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i loved it pretty awesome start to the season i think

13. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Although I am strictly a Ryan fan and was disappointed his screentime was limited, I still liked the episode. I like the direction they are taking Horatio; he has regained his energy and drive and is apparently not the zombie anymore. Also, Natalia was used effectively. I am a little concerned that the teaming of Eric and Horatio will be overdone. There is a frantic feel to the show with the camera work. Hope they balance it out with some forensics. I like closeups on the actors too because they are so beautiful and don't want to see them always at a distance. Good start to the season!

BTW, Frank was not shot! That was discarded in the editing room. They have done that before, shown scenes in the credits that never happen. Oh well, we can assume that he was wearing a vest and would have gotten up right away.

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

So... Jesse's a goner. Just another huge mistake in a show that continues to collapse from a Miami skyscraper to a small smoothie hut. It's really sad that Miami isn't showing any signs of improving. I understand that this is the less-serious show of the franchise, but every "new" direction they say they're going to take the show proves to be one big ass mistake.

The producers have ended up killing two of its strongest male characters--Speedle and Jesse--even when the actors themselves asked not to go out in such a drastic manner. Let's rewind a year...

Season seven finale: Eric is shot. We find out over the summer that Adam was not planning on coming back full time, but rather he would do seven guest appearances to wrap up his storyline (that number turned in to waaaaay more). Ann Donahue said that both her and Adam did not want Eric to die (remember: he was SHOT in the HEAD. Two times within a two season period). Eddie Cibrian joins the show, and for the first time in seasons, there's a brief glimmer of hope that young and preppy Miami could return to its roots. That light at the end of the tunnel was nothing but a mirage.

We're now at season nine where it is once again the Super H and Eric 'Jimmy Olson' Delko show. Carrot Top and Sexy Colombian are Miami Dade County's true heroes. As if...

I feel for Eddie Cibrian, whose character (a cop) died while hitting his head. I do wish I could have whatever superpowers Eric has. He must have some Hulk Hogan/The Rock/Sylvester Stallone/Arnold Schwarzenegger sort of genes to avoid death by multiple gunshot injuries. Here's hoping Eddie lands a project that is worthy of his talent.

Other notable discussion points:

- Bob Starling is a villain I couldn't help but laugh at. Roger Bart needs to go back to comedy.

- Didn't notice much of a change in the camera direction and lighting. Show is still too orange and I found the camerawork nauseating.

- Natalia needs more screen time. I was not a fan of her when she first joined the show, but I'm leaning towards loving her now.

- Emily looked radiant, Ryan's looking better than ever, and Walter is just pure awesome.

- I still think Tripp looks like a turtle, but I love him anyways.

- Adam gets the "and..." credit. Figures. :rolleyes:

- Couldn't help but wonder if Speedle and Jesse would engage in "fun" times where ever they are. :p Or just appear in more of Eric's hallucinations somewhere down the line.

N'awww. :lol:

- Death Cab for Cutie was a nice touch at the end.

D.

15. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thanks guys for the spoilers(which they are for me, as i will watch the episode much later than you guys ;)) I like to know what's in the episode before I watch it as sometimes i just prefer to skip it or watch other show if the case is not interesting(unless there is some EC action, then I watch anyway).
    I find it interesting that being a member of this forum for quite a long time now I never noticed that Eddie Cibrian was so popular - only when they've decided to kill him off. All of a sudden he has so many fans now, but not in season 8, where i would say there was a lot of negativity towards him(because Adam left he got blamed for that). Now Adam is back and he gets blamed for killing off Jesse. I don't mind him, but I prefer Adam over him anytime. What I think is unfair, is that they've decided to kill him off, giving him no chance for guest appearances(oh well, looking at what happened to Riley, Tara, Wendy, Sofia, Haylen etc it's kind of relief for me that it's not Emily or Eva gone). They could use him in future episodes, he could be a guest star sometimes. Instead, what a lame death. Unnecessary.
    I'm hoping that they will give Natalia more screentime as they promise, but I wonder if they will do it with Ryan too. He is clearly very popular, if not the most popular character on the show at the moment.
    H. seems very popular on this board but not everywhere else and I know many fans are not happy about this bromance of him and eric in the new season, including myself. I just hated season 4 and everything about it. Serialisation(is that even a word :D) of CSIM started then, not with EC, but with Marisol-H., mafia-fighting and boring villians.
    Anyway, can someone tell me what the basketball scene was about?It's not completely clear for me why it took place at all...