Episode 8x12 - Show Stopper *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by crimekat, Jan 6, 2010.

1. crimekat

crimekat Hit and Run

Horatio had a wife?

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

He married Marisol (Eric Delko's sister) is Season 4 - she was killed by the Mala Noche gang. I'm guessing you've missed alot of episodes?

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah, I would have preferred if it had been a child or a younger sibling who had been murdered since we don't really get to see the character dynamics with children/siblings very often (aside from Horatio). And since we know Eddie has kids, it would have been neat to see him pull from his own experiences and interject it into the character.

Either way, I'm hoping it plays out well and that it's interesting. I'm not sure I understand why Jesse had to be so mysterious about it aside from the writers really wanting us to believe he had an air of mystery about him to the point of just blatantly pointing it out, but I digress. :p

For some reason, I found a lot of elements in the episode reminding me of previous episodes. The pyrotechnics ('Tinder Box'), the concert that didn't allow cameras but cellphones ('Rap Sheet'), having the wrong burned female body ('Slow Burn'), Calleigh reading fan sites/gossip places for info and Jesse asking jokingly if it was for work ('Stalkerazzi'), the switching of the name cards at the end of the episode ('Innocent')... maybe that's just me. :lol:

4. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

No you are dead on, this episode was a rehash of previous episodes in past seasons, even the wire in the clothing was reused and that was reused from an episode in season 7.

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Feel better now? :lol:

It does seem to be a redunant theme. The first thing I thought of when he described the murder was the O.J. Simpson case.

6. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Not great but a good episode. Had a Hannah Montana feel to it (hopefully Miley Cyrus has a better support group than poor Phoebe did).

Random thoughs:

--Wow! Ryan before the opening credits. Usually (but not always) it is the crime, Horatio and Frank.

--Enjoyed Ryan's time on screen. Thought he looked good (I have to agree with mjszud, not jiving with the Ken doll hair cut) and looked good doing his job. He had one of the best lines:
    "No Walter, I am not an eleven year old girl" (no Mr. Wolfe, you are certainly not:devil::devil:) Loved watching Ryan Calleigh and Jesse brainstorm on the case, and laughed out load when Ryan jumped after the pyro-techs were shot off ("a little warning next time:lol:"). Enjoyed the tag team interrogation contrast with Ryan and Jesse (Jesse more intense and Ryan more folksy).

--Never would have picked Walter to love Phoenix's music; he seems more of jazz or oldies rock fan to me.

--Thought the burning of Vanessa/Phoenix was a little gross and I was a little shocked they would use flammable make up so close to the pyro-tech stuff.

--I felt sorry for Phoenix/Phoebe. Being used by everyone around her because they wanted the fame and money. And Vanessa paid the ultimate price.

--Did anyone besides me thought Phoenix's "number one fan" looked a wee bit like a young Adam Lambert?

--I loved Calleigh in this episode. Her motherly compassion and protection of Phoebe was touching (including her showing up to Phoebe's post fame concert), and her tactful yet aggressive way she got Jesse to reveal his secret. Kudos to EP!!

--Will be interested to see how the Jesse thing plays out. Hopefully they won't drag it out too long.

--Mike Travers AND Dave Benton in the same episode. How did we get so lucky (although I missed Valera)?

--I like Tom but he needs to chill a bit (but he was angry for a good reason). Loved the way Horatio took care of the problem (I would mess with him when he gives "that look").

--Missed Natalia but was probably filming with AMC

Overall I liked but didn't love this episode. Good screen time for all again.

7. slower

slower Lab Technician

Thanks MiamiWolfe, you always break it down beautifully.

You know come to think of it the Pheonix fan did look a little like Adam Lambert.

I also enjoyed Ryan/Jesse in the interogation and with Calleigh brainstorming. This is exactly what I have been wanting to see. Others have said they have enjoyed seeing the great team interactions, but IMO it didn't jive until last night.

8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I agree. Even though they recycled some plotlines and scenes, I still liked it. I liked how the team is interacting more and more. Thank God Calleigh has gotten rid of those awful catsuits. And her accent's coming back, though almost to the point of overkill.

The Walter/Ryan banter made me laugh ("Glad you like the bracelet. I'll get you one for your birthday!")

The backup dancer being the one who was killed instead of the real PheNix was quite the twist.

*GROAN* Oh, Lordy. Now JESSE gets to join the widow/widower club! Come on, guys, the dead spouse line is getting a little overused, don't you think?

Thank you for cutting back on the split screens. They're very annoying for those of us who can't see seven things at one time.

And you knew this was coming....

I can't believe Rick Stetler had less than a minute of screen time!! :scream: :brickwall:And you didn't even dress him like a picnic table! The one time he actually looked professional!! :angryrazz: Thanks for throwing us a bone, guys! I guess I should be grateful and kiss your feet. *off rant*

9. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

The episode was blah for me. I guess I'm just tired of seeing too much of one character & not enough of everyone else...but I'm sure that's just me.

Ryan & Walter crack me up, I like them working together.

Yet another episode without Natalia? WTH?

I love compassionate Calleigh :)

Jesse's explanation seemed enough for Calleigh but I still don't think it was enough, but then again I am not his biggest fan so again, its probably just me

Travers & Benton = AWESOME

Stetler was in the episode for like half a second...thats just not right...

Again not too impressed with the episode...but I'm sure its because I am bored with this season.

10. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

-According to my mom, Phoenix looked like the love child of Lady Gaga and Hanna Montana (oh god there's a scary thought)

-Ryan and Jesse handling the interrogation reminded me of Danny and Flack doing an interrogation on CSI: NY

-Sadly no Natalia, I missed her this week

-Is it just me or did Phoenix's "#1 Fan" look like Adam Lambert?

11. Flackhoney

Flackhoney Hit and Run

the banter between walter and ryan was hilarious. They are my favourite part of the show to watch. I also luuuve the ME guy. He's so wierd but I think all the new characters have really changed the show for me. except maybe jesse. Now I watch all the episodes opposed to watching the occasional episode.
    I started crying when Jesse fessed up. So sad. I can't wait to see more on this story.

12. crimekat

crimekat Hit and Run

Yes I have missed alot, but I did see when he married her, I just forgot.

13. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I liked this episode, this look into the dark and dangerous pop star world is relevant in a time where our real world seems so fascinated by fame and stardom that sometimes we put these stars on pedestals and we forget that those stars can become the victims and in the end, they are just human beings like the rest of us.

I was sympathic towards Pheobe, she really seemed like a sweet kid who got roped into something she couldn't get out of. The actress certainly had a nice voice when she sang at the end, very beautiful!

Good to see my Musketeers are still going strong! Whether it's tag-team interrogation or carping at each other's musical tastes, Jesse, Ryan, and Walter are genius together!!!

I'm enjoying quirky Tom Lowman more and more, it's nice to see a really hyper and eager and overexcited medical examiner!

Geesh! Horatio doesn't need yelling and screaming to be scary, all he has to do is stare and people run away in terror.....I mean, seriously, if I had gotten a look like that from Horatio Caine, I'd high tail out of the way too! Horatio may be gentle and soft-spoken, but when he's angry, you can see the rage seething beneath the surface.....Horatio exudes a sense of calmly yet threatening anger....the kind that you definitely DON'T wanna mess with....

Calleigh connecting with Pheobe was very sweet, love how Calleigh looked after her considering she's probably the first person in that girl's life who's ever cared about her genuinely. And I have to say, the scene where Jesse and Calleigh were searching for Pheobe and they were hearing songs coming from the walls, it totally felt like a horror movie, kinda chilling and scary.....

Poor poor Jesse....though I do agree that the murdered-spouse storyline is overused in Miami.....I still am very interested and intrigued by Jesse's storyline and I want to see where it goes and how he will react to it....in that small moment where Jesse spills the secrets to Calleigh, I truly felt bad for Jesse....it definitely cannot be easy to loose a loved one and watch her killer walk away free from punishment....that kind of anger and rage is enough to mess with anyone's head....I hope that he will open up to the team and maybe the team will come to his aid and help....

I have to applaud Eddie Cibrian for pulling that scene off when he tells Calleigh the truth....he played it just right....there was no overdramatic hysterics or any sense of melodrama....I could see the sadness and guilt and anger in Jesse's eyes, and the moments where his face twitches as he tries to pull back his emotions...a most wonderful job! :bolian:

Overall, I found this to be a pretty good episode. I enjoyed it...I'm not screaming my head off or bursting into tears from disappointment....so they must be doing something right!:cool:

14. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Thanks, I do my best:)

It kind of reminds me of the first couple of season when Speedle was there. I hope they continue this trend; it makes them seem more like a team.

You know, I didn't even noticed that. Hopefully they will keep that to a minimum (if they have to do it at all).

:lol::guffaw::lol:

I am glad I wasn't the only one that noticed that:)

I almost like it the best when they are doing more than just joking around (for example when Jesse and Ryan were in the interrogation room). And again, it is nice to see Ryan as "one of the gang" as opposed to an outsider.

I love the actor so I knew I would like the character.

You noticed that too? I thought the doctor would have been an idiot to defy Horatio any further. I think he is scarier when he is giving "the look":eek:

15. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I was watching this episode while working on something so I didn't stomach it as much as you guys did. However from what I saw, it seemed alright. I think someone mentioned Hannah Montana references but I also can't help but see some Michael Jackson references (The vic lighting on fire, the is she or is she not dead, the fans with the placards etc..) I guess that is me

So we are getting somewhere with Jesse? interesting...Let's hope he nails the guy for good this time but that's no problem when you got Horatio and the gang behind your back..

Ryan telling Walter that he'll get him the bracelet was funny...

Well if I get a chance to see this episode again, I'll add more.....