Episode 8x12 - Show Stopper *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

i was watching numb3rs last night and i saw an extended preview different scenes than the original promo

I saw the extended promo at the cbs website. It looks interesting but a little creepy. I sometimes wonder if people get crazy ideas from watching these storylines, especially the mentally whacked out people. I also wonder how the actors feel watching storylines revolving around the death of famous people. I would be pretty creeped out...

This episode was not great but good overall. I knew that the woman who died was not Phoebe, it was kind of predictable but it did provide a good twist. What really had me interested though was Jesse and what he was hiding, he finally opened up to Calleigh about what he has been hiding. It's sad that his wife was killed and that the killer got off.

No Natalia in this episode, I guess it was because she was filming for AMC

Initial thoughts on the episode..

I loved this one! :D Everything came together really well and I liked that the episode seemed as though it was going to end somber but actually ended on an encouraging note. :) Loved the music at the end...it'd be neat if the song was released in some capacity if it already hasn't been.

I'm interested in seeing some more development for Jesse and if he catches the person he's after. :D

No Natalia again but that was probably because of the 'All My Children' stuff. There was a lot of Calleigh in this episode as she had a personal connection with the pop star which was neat to see. The rest of the cast was spaced pretty evenly (even if they didn't get too much face time).

The investigation itself was interesting and kept me guessing.

Overall, good way to come back from hiatus. :) At least for me, lol.

No, Eric is not in tonight's episode

I really liked Calleigh and Phoebe's interaction, it was sweet. I always enjoy seeing the softer side to Calleigh but I also liked that she didn't back down at the end when confronting Jesse. He owed it to Calleigh to tell her the truth, especially after the hummer incident

I didn't read the spoilers for this one - but I didn't expect it to be someone other than the pop star that died. A decoy of some sort?

Phoebe is not in such great shape...
At least we finally found out what was going on with Jessee - his wife was murdered - I didn't even know he had been married

Last edited:
It makes sense about Jesse now, it was speculated that the mystery surronding him involved a woman, now we know who that woman.

I still don't care about the Jesse saga!!! But, overall a good episode. I was pleased with the fact everyone is getting more screentime. No Natalia, but that was to be expected with her reunion special from AMC ( I hope that is all there is to it).

I do think the writers need to revist some of there old scripts and the characters involvement in certain episodes. Because the episode was familiar. Like using a double (who gets murdered), and the serial number to identify the stun gun (Ryan would have known that, didn't need Walter to tell him).

The episode was OK... actually kinda boring.

What I loved:
- When H enters & grabs the phone :thumbsup:And the way Tom complains to H about not being able to retrieve the body:lol:
- The "Phoenicks on fire" stunt.
- Ryan freaking when the pyro went "foosh".
- Cal waving Stets off (polite)
- H to the kid, "Did you just say, 'we'?!"
- Cal & Phoebe interaction.

What I hated:
- Why the hell do they bring in Stetler, if they just wanna show 20 seconds of his face?!
- Ok I did like the victim "centered" approach to the ep, but this is not Law & Order, this is CSI: Miami! They should have done more.
- Lucy Hale did a great job, so did everyone down to Travers. But the way the episode was played out felt so dry at a couple of points & I'm willing to bet it was all some editor's fault!

I was suprised at Jesse's revelation at the end :eek: Had no clue it was coming! What upset me is that he promised to tell that to Natalia, except SHE WAS MISSING!!!

Last edited:
RYAN FIX YOUR HAIR!!!!! :scream: & for heaven's sakes get Natalia out of Pine Valley & bring her back to Miami! :scream:
Now that that's out of my system, the episode was just meh. Not great, but not terrible.

I had already expected Jesse's big revelation cause I read the spoilers, but I still hadn't a clue where Anna fit in, so that explained it (assuming she is the woman in danger).
The details on how the other woman was murdered (sliced throat nearly decapitated) left me wondering if Jesse's wife suffered that same type of murder, which is very sad & I do feel bad for him. Having said that, the "my wife/husband was killed" is so over-played that it felt too repetitive for me to be overly enthused, or overly sympathetic to the character. We now have Horatio, Natalia, Megan, & Jesse who have ALL lost their spouses! I imagine this will be different, with different affects, & different aftermath...but it's still going under his profile as the guy who's loved one was killed -- just like Horatio, Natalia, & Megan. A little annoying now. We'll see what comes of it later, I suppose.

Back