Episode 8x11 - 'Delko For the Defense' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Calleigh should have been involved in this case, since she and Eric have a history together (and just might be still seeing each other. Are they?) The CSI's went to such great lengths to play it clean and record their every move, but they let Calleigh work on that case, which presents a credibility problem. :scream:

I'm sorry to disagree, but must take issue with that. Calleigh and Eric were on opposing sides, relatively common in RL. It should have been questioned by the ambulance chaser before she hired Eric. Criminal experts in all areas very often are friendly with police working a case. I've seen cases where husbands and wives were on opposing sides. It's up to the attorneys to challenge the procedure. It could also provide evidence for an eventual appeal. For the police to take an investigator off a case because she/he knew an opposing witness wouldn't happen in reality.

that episode was... odd? I was glad to see Eric back, but whoever wrote that must have been really creative to think that that one guy would have a problem like that. I mean really creative. really.

that episode was... odd? I was glad to see Eric back, but whoever wrote that must have been really creative to think that that one guy would have a problem like that. I mean really creative. really.

Creative maybe, but certainly not unheard of. These things do happen in real life. Besides, stranger and sicker crimes have happened.

^Unfortunately that is very true.

I found the epi abit dull. It was good to see Eric back (and with hair!) but the way he came back, its been done before. The case was ok, but it was too obvious that that guy had done it. It would have been better if there was more doubt.
There were some good parts- the chase scene and the team interaction. Loved H at the end comforting the girl (what else!)
A pretty average episode for me, especially after I enjoyed last weeks so much.

I found the epi abit dull. It was good to see Eric back (and with hair!) but the way he came back, its been done before. The case was ok, but it was too obvious that that guy had done it. It would have been better if there was more doubt.
There were some good parts- the chase scene and the team interaction. Loved H at the end comforting the girl (what else!)
A pretty average episode for me, especially after I enjoyed last weeks so much.

I agree, it was a fairly dull episode. I know the whole idea of a guy in a weird mask who assaults women, has the victim make them breakfast, then has a partner kill them, is pretty creepy. But the way the story was played out...it just wasn't that scary. I guess I'm so used to the glitz and glam of the show that even when they try to tackle yuckier crimes that go beyond cut-and-dry murder, it just doesn't seem real or scary.

The highlight of this episode was seeing Eric again. Other than that, it wasn't all that interesting.

The AIS diagnosis was a nice twist, but I couldn't get over how much everyone danced around how they referred to it by using euphemisms:

"He didn't have the equipment"
"Certain things developed...and certain things didn't."

Please. Eric and Natalia have enough forensic experience that they shouldn't feel uncomfortable using anatomical terms. Or, at the very least, they could've said something like "He lacked the proper genitalia to commit this kind of sexual assault" without using specific terms.

They're forensic experts, not 13-year-olds in a coed Sex Ed class for the first time. :rolleyes: Proper anatomical terms like "penis" and "testicles" don't need to be censored on a show that airs at 10:00 PM on a school night.

The AIS diagnosis was a nice twist, but I couldn't get over how much everyone danced around how they referred to it by using euphemisms:

"He didn't have the equipment"
"Certain things developed...and certain things didn't."

Please. Eric and Natalia have enough forensic experience that they shouldn't feel uncomfortable using anatomical terms. Or, at the very least, they could've said something like "He lacked the proper genitalia to commit this kind of sexual assault" without using specific terms.

They're forensic experts, not 13-year-olds in a coed Sex Ed class for the first time. :rolleyes: Proper anatomical terms like "penis" and "testicles" don't need to be censored on a show that airs at 10:00 PM on a school night.

Actually I agree with you that they should use anatomical terms but I think the way they played this out based on the "entertaining factor" of tv shows. So maybe they've tried to make it more "shocking" for the audience even if it hasn't really worked.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but H hadn't his shades on the whole episode!!! Dunno what that should mean except that maybe... Just maybe they're to get H to wear less of 'em! And if that the case, I really feel sorry for him. :cool:

What is weird is I was excited to see this episode. I think is was to see what would happen with Eric.

It also seems like they have H putting on his sunglass at weird times. Like when he is indoors or he has already been outside a long time and then he puts them on.

Back