Episode 7x10 - 'The DeLuca Motel' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Dec 5, 2008.

1. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I don't think the concern from Tara is anything to worry about. JMHO. It wasn't expressed to Eric just seemed like a question in general.
    The father storyline seems like a good one. There are tons of ways they could go with this.

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Tonight's episode was good. I felt so bad for Eric when he was talking to his mother. My poor baby, he can come crash at my house anytime :drool: ...ok, I'm rambling again.

Tara does not need to worry about Eric, that is Calleigh's job. :scream:

Ryan worrying for Eric was nice, they have come a long way, its nice to see him worrying, even if he was prying.

Eric should know better than to lie to Horatio. He knows all. :shifty:

It was funny when Frank asked Calleigh why Eric was staying in the flea bag inn (or whatever his words were)

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Ok so the episode wasn't too bad. I really enjoyed it. :)

Just a couples of thngs:

I liked:

1) The Calleigh/Frank scene...that was hilarious! Boosting her up and while she was in the vent

2) Calleigh helping that woman...she has changed this season...opened up a little more...which I like

3) How cool was that bike!!! :D I mean that thing was SWEET!! :D

4) I liked the heartfelt scene with his mom...that a nice little touch and the fact that the scene faded to black and not just cut off like most commercial breaks do, I think added to the dramatic factor of the scene.

I didn't like:

1) Ryan being all nosey....I know he is Eric's friend and all and he cares (and it was nice to see that he does) but he was a little too nosey in the episode IMO.

2) Why Eric's father wants him in dead in the first place?? So he is looking into his heritage....why kill him? It is not like Eric is looking for him so he can arrest him...he wants to know who his daddy is. I mean from what his mom said he didn't even know about Eric....so why even waste the energy? I mean the guy has got to know by now why Eric is looking for him. :confused:

Like I said, I thought the ep was pretty good....it dragged a little and I understand it picking up in medius res as far as Eric's storyline goes....but it didn't flow well IMO.

It will be intreresting to see if we see his dad in the future but Eric has opened a can of worms that are not going to be closed anytime soon. And I don't see this ending happily.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  4. Smasha

Smasha Victim

Ahhhh,
    Hi folks.
    Just finished this episode.
    What can I SAYYY.
    Well. I'm not a big Eric Fan. I mean, I like the guy. But I'm not jumping up and down when there's an Eric storyline.
    But I was actually looking forward to see how this episode was going to unfold.
    As per usual, it's Miami ridiculousness. We love it.

I think the bottle was indeed just for the bullet effect. Don't read too much into it.
    I really liked when Ryan and Eric had that bit of banter in his motel room.
    It's nice to see RYANNNN's personality come through. And Eric, too. It's nice to see their old teasing back. And is anyone reminded a little bit of Delko and Speedle? Yah? I'd love for Ryan and Eric to have a teasing relationship. I'd love to see more humanism between characters.

Let's talk about Frank and Calleigh. baha. That was an excellent scene. I LOVED the way Frank reacted when he was holding onto Calleigh. SO good.
    Emily was so cool and calm and had that slightly bemused look on her face.
    Frank just looked uncomfortable.
    So brilliant. It made me giggle.

Okay so Delko's father was not his birth father. Did anyone catch the Name of the real dad? Alexander Shapi.... something. Right. So. Mama is Russian.
    Real Daddy has Russian Name?
    How come Delko is so..... Cuban looking?
    Anyone care to explain that? hahaha.
    Cause from personal experience, when you have a Russian Dad and a Russian mom, you don't come out looking like you live in Cuba and speak Spanish. It just doesn't work.
    Marisol looked much more convincing as a Russian girl who lived in somewhere spanish-y.
    So...
    What's going on there?
    Ho Hum. Another one of those weird things that Miami might just... gloss over.

Anyway. Saw the promo for the next episode. Looks like it's about Natalia?

I can't wait for Ryan's story.

5. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

Well, I actually think that Eric's mom is suppose to be Cuban and his dad is suppose to be Russian, so that's why he looks Cuban.

I have to agree, totally loved the scene between Frank and Calleigh, his face was priceless. He cracked a smile on my face.:guffaw:

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Oh yeah he soooo checked out her ass!!! :guffaw: Just like he did in "Going Under"

Go Frank! You sly dog!! :D

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

HA HA...well you know that Rex says that Frank Tripp is the sexual tension of the show :guffaw:

8. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

I really liked this episode. It had a lot of really good moments and it will be interesting to see what happens next in delcoland.

A few things:

1. I loved the interaction between Ryan and Eric. I know a few people might see Ryan's interference as being "nosy", but I saw it as him being truely conserned for a good friend. Ryan said it the best in the episode, "the day we became partners/friends." They've been through a lot in the last four and a half years and it was nice to see them finally get close somewhat.

And again in defense of Ryan's "nosiness", how many times has the team interfered in his life when they thought he needed help (Seasons 4 and 5). He's just returning the favor and I think it shows just how close knit this team really is.

2. I loved the Tripp/Calliegh moment! It was so funny!

3. The compassion Calliegh showed to the pregnant woman at the hotel was so admerible. I thought it brought out her more softer side, and showed there was a person beyond that tough exterior. Bravo Emily Procter!!

4. And we've learned a lesson in this episode...You do not hide things from Horatio. Even when you think he doesn't know...he knows, so just don't lie to him! :shifty: LOL! :guffaw:

9. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

i personally found the frank and calleigh moment drop dead hysterical. :guffaw:

10. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I absolutely loved Ryan and Eric in this episode. I'm so glad they are finally friends and messing around with each other. I thought it was great for Eric to open up to Ryan, like he used to do with Speed. What I thought was interesting was that he told Ryan first, not Calleigh or Horatio. It's like he has finally accepted Ryan as his friend. The banter between them is so good. It's nice to see them laughing together.

Eric's interaction with his mother was amazing. They both did such a good job in that scene. It's nice to finally meet another member of his family. As a die hard Eric fan, I really enjoyed meeting his mother. Does anyone else think it would have been interesting to see Horatio talk to Eric's mother? After all, he did marry her daughter.

Calleigh is opening up so much more this season. You could really tell by the look on her face when the pregnant woman hugged her. Calleigh's scenes with Frank were so funny! You could tell he felt a little awkward, especially with her butt in his face!

Last but definitely not least, Horatio was fantastic as always. He's always been there for Eric and anyone else on his team when they needed him.

This is by far one of the best episodes of the entire series.

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Next time I am so stealing GregNickRyanFan's idea of writing things down as the episode goes along. I always think of things then don't remember when the episode is over. :p I'll try. Point form seems to be the way to do it tonight. Thoughts are all over as I remember. :D

- I'm liking the way they're doing the opening scenes this season, with the different team members doing something, or being there while the murder happens, instead of just the usual "show the victim and killer but not the killers face then switch to Horatio and Frank arriving scene" aaaaand cue one liner. There was still a one liner from H tonight, but there have been a few without them.

- Franks line "he took a swim instead". I just found that so funny, I have no idea why. :lol: Just the way he said it.

- Calleigh helping the pregnant woman, although I found it kind of weird that she didn't get in any trouble at all for keeping his body and not notifying anyone he was dead. : /

- Eric's scene with his mom. He called her "mommy" I actually aawed. It was kind of sad though, how he caught her lying so many times.

- Ryan telling Horatio about Eric. I'm not sure if I liked or disliked that. I did like the fact that he mentioned when he used to place bets, that he was good at bending the truth and knew the signs. I'm glad he tried to help Eric, and I really liked their scene at the beginning. I have to admit though, the Hardy Boys shipper in me turned on, and I couldn't help thinking "Eric + Ryan + Hotel = ... " :lol: Anywaays, what did Ryan say Eric missed? Sunday what? Was that a brief mention that they hang out together outside of work or did I hear that wrong? :confused:

- I do and don't like the fact that now Eric has some family drama. When H said "It's only the beginning" or whatever, I was actually thinking "Oh no." I really don't want "Eric's long lost father that wants to kill him now for no apparent reason that we know of" to become a half-the-season story line like the H/Julia/Kyle one that still isn't completely resolved. Is it?

- For a minute, when Tara said that the bullet wasn't a bullet because it hadn't fragmented, along with the look on H's face, I thought we were back to Resurrection and those bullets that went through kevlar. Then I remembered they did fragment when they hit skin, and went "phew".

- Sarcastic Ryan? Are we getting a little of season 3 back? Hm, well I like it. I was also very happy with his screentime. ^_^

That's all I can remember right now. Anyways I think that's quite enough. xD

Oh, one more thing.
    That would have been very interesting indeed! I don't think he met Eric's mother or "father that raised him" before he married Marisol, but surely after she died? I wonder if his mother will be in anymore episodes where she has to converse with H.

And Horatio really needs to smile more. He makes me sad, and I love him. :(

12. gottaluvcsi

he called her mommy? wow, shows how closely i was paying attention:)

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

He said it pretty fast, sort of accented like he says "Natalia" too, I think. I think it was around the time he said "the truth isn't supposed to change".

14. gottaluvcsi

i'll just have to re-watch that scene before work tomorrow morning :)

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought Eric said "Mommy" too at first, but now that I think about it, I think it was more "Mami" (I think that is Spanish, but am not sure), but he pronounced it with an "o" sound instead of an "a" sound. :lol: I dunno, he might of said Mommy.

Anyway, on to my review:

What was Eric doing to that tire?

What did that girl at the ice machine say to ERic? I couldn't understand her.

Eric didn't even feel that bullet graze him. :lol:

Frank saying "slug sponges" about the pillows on the motel bed cracked me up. :lol: When my family stayed in a motel years ago (while going out of state for a funeral), we bought some sheets, pillow cases and blankets from Walmart to sleep on instead of the sheets from the motel. :lol: I saw a report on tv a while back that told how dirty the beds and sheets and stuff are at hotels. So many people ended up with bedbug bites (bed bugs are said to be related to spiders if I recall). So, I could completely understand Frank's comment. :lol:

That wallpaper in Eric's room is ugly!

Ryan knows Eric's lying and he's very concerned for his friend. Nice touch, writers!

Tara: This was a hazing.
    Me: Gone bad... YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH! :lol:

Good grief, I almost didn't recognize Corin Nemec with that long hair. It does not suit him. Makes him look older than his years.

Frank was totally looking at Cal's butt. hehe. That made me giggle.

Eric can't find Enrico. The dude's probably dead. Eric's calling his cell now. He hears the ringing near some trash bags. :gasp: there's Enrico. Yep, I knew he was gonna bite the dust.

So his dad isn't that Russian mafia dude after all... unless the dude changed his name.

Awww, what Cal did for the pregnant lady was so sweet.

Eric's mom reminds me a little of Benny from the George Lopez show. :lol:

Things that bugged me:

They showed everyone asking about Eric except for Natalia. Every other time Eric's had issues, Natalia was always there asking him if he was okay. Why was she the only team member that wasn't shown as being concerned? For God's sake they dated in the past and she's always shown concern before. But, the writers just completely missed that this time.

Technically, the college guy getting shot was the girlfriend's fault wasn't it? cause she knocked his arm away, which caused the bullet to go in the other direction...