Episode 7x04 - 'Raging Cannibal' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Although not the greatest episode,I did think it was better than the season opener.
I was also pleased that there was more of my favorite CSI,Ryan.

Seriously what kind of man can ever wear such an ugly shirt w/ butterflies on it???:rolleyes:

Exactly! Who dresses Eric?

And Ryan? What's with those ties and horribly bright shirts?

What did Eric reply to Cal when she said "I forgot you're half Russian?" I didn't hear that part.

Looks like H got himself a new enemy.

Was an ok episode but I liked when Ryan did that thing with the mirror to lift the shoe print.

Haven't you guys heard? Ryan brings a huge mirror with him everywhere! Duh! :D

Eric said something that he went through a Russian phase thing and looked stuff up, but didn't like what he found. Or something.

It was stupid that Ryan was explaining the whole procedure to Eric. I mean, Eric works longer as a CSI, it is more logical to have him explain something to Ryan. And, as someone already mentioned, that mirror is way to big to be carried around in the kit.

It's not stupid that Ryan knew something Ryan didn't. As with all fields of science, there are new things to learn all the time. New techniques, new technology. You've got to keep reading and finding out about stuff. I'm sure they have forensic journals just like medicine has medical journals.

And it could be that Ryan read about it somewhere but Eric didn't.

The part about carrying a big mirror around is stupid though. It's way too big to fit in their kit. Maybe Ryan carries it around in his Hummer to straighten his loud ties! :lol:

It was stupid that Ryan was explaining the whole procedure to Eric. I mean, Eric works longer as a CSI, it is more logical to have him explain something to Ryan. And, as someone already mentioned, that mirror is way to big to be carried around in the kit.
It's stupid to have a mirror like that in the kit, but not the fact that Ryan knows something more than Eric.
Ok, Eric has been there for more than Ryan, but since Ryan is a CSI they're all at the same level in terms of knowledge.
Plus Ryan knew something more than Eric even during s3. In "Legal" we know that Calleigh had a lecture at the University once & Ryan was there.
She taught him how to use object out of context in order to get evidences. Ryan was there, Eric no. Being a newbye means also knowing new stuff that older people in the lab don't necessarily know.
So they can also have different kind of courses about new techniques, new technology. They don't have to attend the same course.
We know that Eric attended the one to get prints from an apple & he explained it to Natalia.
This time Ryan knew this technique and taught it to Eric, what's wrong w/ it? I think nothing. It's normal behaviour between collegues.
Plus Eric is still suffering from his wound, maybe he knew it & fogot it. Ryan is also the new one & he knows all the new techniques thanks to the course he attended while at University.
To me it was one of the most normale scenes in the episode.

As for the mirror it's odd but we know that Ryan is OCD:lol:

Somehow (maybe I was wrong) I got the impression that Eric was familiar with the technique and the way Ryan was talking made me think it wasn't something new but something that's not used so often,that's why I thought it would be more logical to have Eric explain if they're gonna have anyone explaining anything.

I haven't thought of Eric forgetting something because of his injury, though. It's possible, but if it was something like that, Eric would've gotten a bit defensive; it's more in character for him, IMO.

The part about carrying a big mirror around is stupid though. It's way too big to fit in their kit.

Well this is the same guy who just so happened to have a copy of the game used in 'Urban Hellraisers' right there at the crime scene. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that thier kits are like the Mary Poppins bottomless carpetbag.

Somehow (maybe I was wrong) I got the impression that Eric was familiar with the technique and the way Ryan was talking made me think it wasn't something new but something that's not used so often,that's why I thought it would be more logical to have Eric explain if they're gonna have anyone explaining anything.

I haven't thought of Eric forgetting something because of his injury, though. It's possible, but if it was something like that, Eric would've gotten a bit defensive; it's more in character for him, IMO.
I didn't think Eric seemed that familar with the techinue.
But as pointed out by other posters,being on the job longer doesn't mean you know more.You may know more about some things,but a newer person could be more up to date,may read more or take different classes.It isn't always about who has more experience.
I would like to know where Ryan got that mirror.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that thier kits are like the Mary Poppins bottomless carpetbag.

:guffaw: It does seem like it, doesn't it? :lol:

I was looking at the caps last night and it looked to me like Ryan pulled that mirror from the side of the boat. Why there'd be a mirror on the boat, I don't know. But, maybe Ryan just saw the mirror there and remembered that technique.

But, it also could be that he keeps anything and everything in his vehicle that he might ever need (cause of his OCD).

Maybe he has taken a mirror from the Hummer. then he put it on a boat while he dressed gloves.:rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what say that bald guy when Ryan stop him? Ryan say "it's my job" then bald guy say something, what?:confused:

Maybe he has taken a mirror from the Hummer. then he put it on a boat while he dressed gloves.:rolleyes:

Can someone tell me what say that bald guy when Ryan stop him? Ryan say "it's my job" then bald guy say something, what?:confused:
I'm not sure about it, but I think he said something like "It's bad it doesn't worth your eybrow":p

Back