Episode 6x18 - 'Tunnel Vision' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I didn't find it such a bad episode.
    Yep it could have been far better bust still it was wathcable:rolleyes:.

The scenes were shared in a proper way with everybody (obviously except for Alexx as it always happens...shame!!!)...and I found some pretty good scenes especially the ones with Natalia.

The first one with Calleigh I just adored their dialogue with Natalia telling her "Now I can finally back you up for a change"....I kinda found it one of the sweetest thought for Calleigh who really needs to bee cheered up.
    Calleigh looks so shaken up....obviously her kidnapping will be mentioned in a proper way in a very short time cause she looks she's going to explode:rolleyes: (it looks it's going to happen very soon from the promo of the next episode)...but she really looked shaken up without any mention to it.

The shooting I don't know why but I loved it....you go girl!!!!:cool:

Emily Procter is doing such a great job with Calliehg's fear...how she didn't get closer to people while talking with them...or the initial dialogue with Natalia...and that glance she gave whil watching the clip with Ryan. I don't know she really shows very well how Calleigh is still shaken up (obviously she was kidnapped less than a month ago)...but I don't probably without her acting it couldn't be so clear to us....cause in my opinion authors didn't show it very well without mentioning the kidnapping.

2. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I sat down and watched this last night, really not expecting much, which was good because for me the episode was about average, which is what anyone should expect.

The one thing I looooved about this episode though, was Valera and her impression of the orange commercial, I thought that was the greatest thing in the world. And I really don't like Natalia that much, but I'm glad the writers did her justice and didn't make her shoot the guy ded. Yes, ded. That would have been totally predictable from the Miami crew, so kudos to the writers for being unpredictable!

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I liked the episode!!
    The interaction w/ Nat & Cal was nice ...i loved it!:p
    I cracked up at Valera when she mocked the Orange Juice girl:lol:

Ok YES...Nat's shooting was by far the best moment for me. I was impressed that she was so quick, the sound effects (deep breathing) was a nice touch also...her aim? Well, I don't really know because they didn't really show where she was intending to aim.
    However, the fact that the jerk made the comment her shot was "not that good"...made it appear that her problems with the aiming are still being "in play".
    I actually like that...it would have seemed unrealistic for her to go out on her first day & shoot like she was a "perfect" shooter.

Oh & I believe she saved HER OWN ASS...NOT HORATIO!;)
    I tend to think this could come back & bite her in the ass though, despite Horatio's reassurance.

I got a giggle out of the look on Ryan's face when he watching the video, he looked like he was trying not to get excited over it:lol:

I liked the bits of forshadowing w/ Horatio in the scene w/ the OJ man at the end...him saying that he would do anything to protect his Company, bla bla.
    Only, I didn't quite get the ending with the orange. I thought he would squish it or throw it..was there something "symbolic" about the long pause while holding the orange & staring at it like he has never seen one in his life?:confused:

I give it 7.5!!:cool:

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

This was a better episode than the one from last week. Natalia finally got her weapon and she got a good shot at that guy! I like that they are showing Calleigh still shaken up from what happened to her, it's only natural after what she's been through, I should add she looks gorgeous!!

OMG! I just saw the promo for next week's episode. I can't wait!!!

5. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

Well, Horatio isn't the type of person to go out and start talking about what he did, none of the team is like that actually. So everything being silenced from last week is to be expected. Trust me, it's going to come back at him. CSI: Miami episodes have had continuations just like that, where something happens that is bad and we don't see nothing about it untill 1, 2, or 3 episodes later.

This episode was pretty dull though. I dunno but there are episodes of CSI: Miami that are really lame and this I think was one of them. I still got into the episode but you can't have great episodes everything with shocking things happening every single time. It would be nice but sooner or later every idea of a "shocking" episode would be used up. They are just spacing them out.

6. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

You have me cracking up with the last comment. :lol: I thought he was going to throw it too. Right at the sign! :lol::lol::lol:

What I think they were trying to do was relay Horatio looking at the daugther on the sign. Then looking down at the orange and back up to her.:guffaw: I think! Hahahaha But I loved your comment and had to tell you I thought the same exact thing. How funny would that have been if H threw the orange at the sign! Hahahahaha LMAO:lol::lol::lol::lol: I would have been rolling on the floor laughing!!!:p

HCrazy

7. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

We won't miss you.

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Let's be respectful of others, please.

9. Della

Della Police Officer

...We? Hmm, interesting...

If I thought you were someone who listened, dogbert, I'd tell you how childish your remark was, but then I suddenly realised that you might actually be a child, so in the end I decided that the remark was understandable.

:)

10. dogbert14

dogbert14 Rookie

You're still here?

Della, let me just make myself clear. I've put up with you in the past, and have restrained myself from saying anything insulting until now. But you have crossed the line. All you have ever said about this show, since All In aired, is negative. You now hate H just because of two actions he has done - you supposedly "adored" him, yet all of that has disappeared in the space of three episodes? I find that amazing. While I do respect your opinion, however, it ticks me off because you are incorperating past recent episodes to review brand new ones. If you want to review All In and To Kill A Predator again, then do so in those threads. Don't do it in this thread.

And Speed, I apologize, but somebody had to tell her.

11. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Did anyone else notice that the vault was just a little too clean after an explosion? There was virtually no dirt on the floor.

Also when H was talking to Nat about the shooting, when he asked her and you feared for your life and she said yes , he said "That's all they get" seemed to me like he was again going into his mode from last week (taking justice into your own hands). Not saying that I wouldn't have shot him too though, he did try to reach his gun behind his back. IAB I think investigates any shooting to make sure it was justified --although I could be wrong.

12. Della

Della Police Officer

:guffaw::guffaw:

Yeah, I'm still around dogbert. Such replies as the one I've quoted of yours keep me around. Haven't you figured that out yet? I guess not. I mean, the thought of missing such a wonderful and humorous post as yours, t'would be criminal. (Heh! heh!) You've put up with me, eh? :guffaw: Golly, I'm truly honoured.

I should say though that I don't hate an on-screen character, it's just too much negative energy for someone who doesn't exist. I don't like Horatio or at least how he is being portrayed, and sorry, but I think I have a right to air that... Unless the rules of this board have changed drastically that only positive remarks can be made? Besides, I'm not exactly the only one to have posted disparaging remarks concerning Horatio.

Still, to know that I can still amaze you. Well, what can I say but a huuuuge thank you.

I crossed the line, eh? Um, what line would that be, and who exactly are you to be drawing lines? Rhetorical questions by the way, because I already know the answers.

ETA: Just thought to add that as far as I'm concerned this conversation(?) is at an end, dogbert, unless of course you feel the need to make things even clearer to me? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That line from Horatio reminded me of it too...you can really tell where the writers are going with him & this story.

I'd have shot his a$$ too!!
    In this case I think they will investigate..I just got the impression that that was more foreshadowing. Easily, with no witnesses there, this guy can lie & say he never reached for his gun & that Natalia was trigger happy. Plus as soon as the guy said "I want a lawyer" I immediately thought of things I read in the spoiler thread for upcoming episodes.
    Seems like they ALL say that, I know, BUT.. it was the last time we saw him & the last thing he said.
    we'll see.

14. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

This stops. Now.

Dogbert, this is an Official Warning for trolling, and baitng. When you are told to stop, you stop, not say "but I had to tell her!"

If you have any questions/concerns, you may PM either speed_cochrane or myself, and we will be happy to discuss them with you.

Thank you to all of those who tried to get the thread back on topic, your effort is appriciated, now let's move on! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2008
  15. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

This episode wasn't the best, not by a long shot. But it did have it's moments.

I was glad to see Ryan out of a suit and tie and into a pink shirt and :gasp: lab coat! My sweet goodness my eyes do enjoy that treat.

And I'm glad Natalia got her gun certification. IAB will investigate her, it's obligatory for them to do so, but because she didn't "shoot to kill" and they did find a gun on the suspect they'll most likely rule it as "necessary force of action." Hopefully for her sake she was aiming for the arm and not the heart, because that would just be sad.

Horatio, was he in the lab this week? I'm sad to say that if he was I didn't see it, and that's too bad. His behavior this season is very off and "UnHoratio" like. But how many times must we say "bring season 1-3 Horatio back, please!" before TPTB listen? They finally got him back in the lab, and that's a small step for man kind.

We didn't see enough of Alexx or Valera :( They are an under appreciated greatness.