Episode # 610: 'CSI: My Nanny'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 24, 2007.

1. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:devil:
    They didn't show a preview for next week because next week is a rerun. ;)

2. Jordananne

Jordananne Dead on Arrival

Why is it a re-run?

3. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

There's a pretty good chance it's because of the writers strike ;)

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

More likely because they usually air reruns up through the Christmas holiday.

Just tell me where to send my picture.

5. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

Not the best episode, but not that bad either.

For a second I thought the little girl did it. :lol:

Kind of interesting, like that the family didn't do it. Eric and Calliegh's conversation about kids made me smile, espcially when Cal said he'd make a great dad. ;)

6. Jordananne

Jordananne Dead on Arrival

I had a feeling. I just thought from what I've researched that CSI:Miami had more new eppys. Maybe they are going to throw in a re-run every now and then to make the new episodes last longer?

Anywhoo, about this episode, it was alright. I worked on comp 2 homework and watched, so it was not super interesting. I enjoyed the Calliegh and Eric chatting. Alexx looked cute. I feel like Horatio has barely been in these last few episodes.

I ask again, desperately, where is the character SUBSTANCE that we have someone lost from Seasons 1 - 4 (well, like some of 4, lol)!!!???!

7. veggie

veggie Lab Technician

one thig that was noying was the end with Horatio, i was like where are you going in such a hurry?! Eric wants to be a father why do i fell like its old news was it ever mention in the past?
    So everyone on the palnet know that eye drops are fangerous if you eat it?! sorry but the only reason i knew that is because i watch csi LV.
    Also all this talk about ceramic knife, i want to try one! Also all the csi work the case except Natalia why? The producers didnt have enough money to hire the lab tech?

8. somethingsdont

somethingsdont Lab Technician

The episode title grew on me. It's like one of those stupid nerd jokes that aren't funny at all but you laugh anyway.

Okay, the case: The ending was shit. Just wanted to get that out there. Everyone lives happily ever after theendwhee! Rainbows and unicorns and frolicking kids over a green meadow! ^___________^ Well, everyone except for the nanny. And the other nanny. But whatever, they're just stupid immigrants, amirite?

I do not like being force-fed morals. This show is holding my jaw open while it pours morals down my throat. I'm gagging on them. What, it takes a dead nanny for the rich white socialites to realize that they're neglecting their kids? Give me a break.

Maybe I'm just a physics geek, but how did that piece of paper land in the gutter? Even with wind, it shouldn't have curved back like that. But whatever, it gave us Eric climbing the roof and Calleigh looking concerned, so I can't complain too much.

I really liked when Calleigh opened up a little about her childhood, but I was surprised to hear that her mom was like a friend, rather than an authority figure. For whatever reason, I always figured her mother would be really strict and a "Calleigh, ladies don't slurp" kinda woman.

This episode made my shipper heart happy, but the case was mediocre at best.

9. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

From now on this ep is going to be called the Red Show. I swear I saw more red on people than I do on Santas during the Christmas season...are they running out of colors that everyone can wear something different?

The case was alright, but to me seemed boring at best. There was slipping of the normal questioning like do you know the victum. If Frank was there for that he would have asked, someone shoud take a lesson from him! Once I saw the picture of the nanny andthe guy in her suitcae I figured he was the one who did it.

I was glad that there was more backstory for Calleigh and her an Delko shared a nice heartwarming moment. But where the heck is the backstory for Ryan? He's the one we know the least about yet was around a lot this ep. Also glad that wardrobe got him out o those bulky suits and into a tight t-shirt. They have been listening, thank goodness.

I agree that there is too many people with huge breasts and bakinis running around. Do all questioning have to take place at the beach? The speedo comment was correct we need a break... Besides the CSIs, are there any clothes people in Miami? I hope so otherwise nothing would get done around there.

10. dustymonkey

dustymonkey Dead on Arrival

I liked the episode, overall. It could have been better, but it was not the worst of the season.

What the heck was with Horatio at the end? Why did he walk away so abruptly?

11. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Maybe, I read that's the case for CSI Las Vegas episodes due to the writers strike. As for Horatio, I think he's had a good amount of screen time but given the fact at the beginning of this season there were quite a few episodes that focused on him, it is a good change to see the other characters.

I like Alexx and it was nice to see more of her.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I actually liked the episode, kept me guessing. It did continue with the whole rich people from miami that they've been doing for like three seasons now, but overall it kept me interested. I thought the Alexx and Calleigh scene was one of the best moments in the episode. Finally we are getting to know more of Calleigh's personal life. But I do have to mention the Eric and Calleigh scene in the bedroom which was my absolute favorite.

To be honest I expected a lot less.
    And were was Horatio going???
    Priorities...to see his kid maybe? :confused:

13. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I was pleasantly surprised by this ep. It was nice to see a mix of investigating with little personal things thrown in. ie Natalia's shooting and the convo with Eric and Cal; I thought it was a good medium...and that the rich people in the ep were not as snotty as most of the rich people the show portrays. Thought that was a nice little turn of usual events.

I kept guessing who did it til the end. When Eric found the picture, I was soo like 'oh the mother did it' and then we find out it was the caterer...nice little twist. Everyone got their fair share of screen time; especially Frank and Alexx which was nice.

Overall, 8/10

14. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Yea, this episode was interesting - I think it focused a bit more on the victim and the surrounding family, which has been lacking lately. The strength of CSI is getting the audience to care about characters we never met w/in a 43-minute timespan, and I think the writers did that last night.

The crime also kept me guessing - I thought the male nanny did it. I'm glad they didn't have him abusing that kid - we don't need any more plots like that -ugh. The guy who played t he father was kinda flat, acting wise, but overall I thought the guest- stars were good. Loved the opening w/the bloody footprints - I so wasn't expecting that to be a little kid!

I really liked the scene w/Alexx and Cal - I'm glad Calleigh's finally getting some character development. Although I have to say, poor Ryan. All we know about him is he has an uncle, has (very mild!) case of OCD and he gambles. Ryan definitely needs more character development! (I think we know more about Natalia, and Ryan's been there longer than her).

Did anyone else think Eric was going to fall on his ass when he got onto that roof LOL. I was watching the show w/some friends, and one of them was like, "Oh great, let the guy w/the head injury go on the roof!" LOL.

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

^^^Exactly my thought too. Of all the characters to have climb on the roof you let the guy with bullet procariously lodged in his head do it!!

Although, as much as I love Eric, I think it would have been funny if he had slid down the roof and landed flat on his ass...but I would have thought it funny if any of the other characters had done it. This show needs a little humor infused in it at times. Ya know little anicdotes.