Episode #510 'Come As You Are' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by ThumpyG42, Nov 24, 2006.

1. liten

liten Rookie

And if she looks thin wearing white...*sends box of Swiss chocolate to Emily* :D

You know I was thinking about this, and if I'm not wrong someone else pointed out that Natalia is taking all the heat for dressing "unappropriately" for work, but as far as the heels are concerned...I remember that Marianne Jean-Baptiste or Poppy Montgomery from "Without a Trace" said something about their take on it after talking to real FBI women agents: don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure they said that alot of the agents they talked to wore high-heels to work and didn't want to give up their femininity in terms of wearing high-heels to work. Not that I would be able to run after a suspect wearing Calleigh's shoes...I could barely walk in them :D

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I was pleased to see that! :D Not before time I might add. ;)
    Oh, I very much doubt any of us have ever watched Miami for that kind of stimulation! I would be worried if we did. By 'quality' I meant standard of writing, storyarc development etc. :)

3. Juma

Juma Police Officer

High heals are very nice. I think they can wear anything they want, but I just figured that it wouldn't be all very safe to rush after a suspect in them.

I really liked Natalia's dress in darkroom, but I think I was the only one.

4. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Lucy; I'm sorry if I offended you or anyone else with my comment about quality. Didn't intend it that way at all. Just saying that after watching Miami for 4+ years, I know it's limitations and accept it for what it is. Entertainment. From what I've seen of most shows on the tube recently, there are not many who really have what I would consider in my personal opinion as good writing, story arc, etc. If they do, they eventually sell out and choose to entertain us because that's what most of us tune in for. I understand the general complaint that most of Miami's stuff is so far-fetched and that the writer's do not really seem to care enough to give effort to continuity, storyline, character development anymore. I agree with you, but it does not annoy me enough to want to tune in to something else. (Apathy is my middle name. ;))

5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

No offence taken at all. :) I just didn't want my definition of 'quality' in this context to be misinterpreted.

I suppose it all comes down to what we see, as individuals, as entertainment. When it comes to TV drama, decent writing and story telling are what I find rewarding and entertaining. Miami, at the moment, fails miserably on both scores and therefore offers no entertainment value for me personally. During the first 3 seasons, I felt quite the opposite. That is why I have currently lost faith in the show, but I fully respect your take on things too. There is alot to be said for apathy! :)

6. Painted_Shadow

Painted_Shadow Witness

I want to weigh in on the high heels controversy...no I don't. I just want to gently point out the correct spelling of heels.

7. _ransom

_ransom Witness

OH GOD THEY ALL NEED A NEW WARDROBE!

Horatio always wore that stripped shirt and Wolfe- the biggest scrub. I know the episodes don't go by days but still. I'm off topic on the episode.

8. silk

silk Prime Suspect

Lucy, you're right. There are many things that can be said for Apathy, but most of them are not kind. I readily amdit that while Seasons 1-3 were great, I did not even care enough about Season 4 (and was too busy moving) to even watch the summer re-runs. But now that we are into S5, I am just 'lazy' enough to not bother searching for something else on that grabs my interest enough away from Miami to change my Monday 9:00 p.m. routine. Too invested in the characters and the sheer laughable 'drama' of the whole thing and probably not cerebral enough to bother switching to PBS. :D