Episode #502 'Going Under' **CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I think in some respects Natalia discussing her situation, such as with that girl, isn't for the matter of saying it, but maybe the writers way of give real life people in the situation she was in encouragement.

How often have we heard people say "I can identify with [insert character and problem] because I or someone I know went through that"? They did that with H's Brother pinpointing getting hooked on drugs "Going to the darkside never to come back" H uses that to point out there is a way out if you want it. Calleigh's tough love with her fathers drinking, so Natalia has the abusive exhusband.

I don't know if that is what they intended art imitating life instead of the reverse, but I don't think it makes Natalia a victim, on the contrary she obiviously helps out with battered women, she talks about it so that people grasp this is not a situation of your making, and you have control you just may need some help grabing it.

To me and this is just my opinion, I would rather Natalia talk about it, instead of saying it once or twice and never mention it again, that to me would be what makes her the victim, to ignore the subject is easy, to come out and talk about it, that takes alot of courage and strength.

I have gotten to watch the who ep yet, I watched some of it, but something came up and it was intermediate, so Luce I promise I will get you my review. :lol:

I forgot to mention something very important (well, for me) about this episode :D... Calleigh driving the Hummer :D :D, OMG, that's one of my dreams come true. 'Cause she always was getting out of the Hummer, but never driving :D :D that means I could drive one :D :D 'cause I'm her same size.

so Luce I promise I will get you my review. :lol:
D, I am very glad to hear that. :D I was wondering if your video had been misbehaving again! ;)

I enjoyed this ep and was glad that Calleigh just brushed herself off and went right back to work. It was very true to her character, I felt.

Just when Miami finally got rid of the Mala Noche's they got a new gang right away, of course with deep government infiltration necessary. At least they wrapped this one up all neat and tidy.

The actor who played Jake Berkeley, Johnny Whitworth, has apparently been making the CBS circuit, IMDB has him in the credits for Without A Trace, Cold Case and Numb3rs. It was probably just me, but I thought he had a very, very, minscule, tiny, resemblance to Orlando Bloom (emphasis on tiny).

When I saw Manley Pope as V-Ray all I could think of was Roger from RENT. He was playing Roger when I went to go see it on B'way.

Ugh, Stetler, I was glad he was only on briefly. He always looks so smarmy.

FlackAttack said
Just when Miami finally got rid of the Mala Noche's they got a new gang right away

That concerned me a little bit too. I understand that Miami does have gang issues, - if you will - but from what I read, the writers were making the 'Mala Noches' seem like the most powerful gang in Miami and suddenly we're introduced to this new gang whom the writers claim to the be most powerful gang in Miami.

Does this mean the Mala Noches and this new gang will have it out for each other in a future episode? Of course, this is just speculation on my part. It would make for an interesting storyline, and would involve that oh so loved continuity we've been searching for.

As for Johnny Whitworth, I'm glad he's getting around CBS shows. :)

I liked this episode a lot more than the premiere.

Lucy said:
Very sweet scene at the beginning of the episode. Signs of the old, caring H there. It reminded me of when H called Alexx 'Sweetheart' in 'Slow Burn'. He was very protective and concerned. I like seeing him this way.

Oh, I agree, Luce. I remember thinking, "Now there's the Horatio I remember from Seasons 1-3." I also liked the touch of continuity at the end of the episode as well.

Leela said:
There was this uber-sexy, hot and shippy scene between Frank and Calleigh's ass!

That was hands down my favorite scene of the episode, and Leela, your post had me laughing almost as hard as the actual scene did. :p

I also liked the Cooper scene, the one where he didn't know where the oil cap was on the motorcycles. :lol:

MiamiDade said:
I also quite liked the Drugstore Cowboy. Potential there, definitely.

I agree, MD, I quite liked him too. I'd like to see the character return later this season. If done right we could get an excellent storyline involving this character...as long as the soap bubbles stay far away.

Also, having seen Johnny Whitworth in 'Empire Records' when he was much younger, I was very curious to see how he'd aged...and after seeing him Monday night, I have to say, he aged very well. ;)

That brings me to Natalia...I'm sorry, the character is not growing on me at all, and I still think it's utter rediculous that she's now a CSI. And that's about all I have to say on that subject.

In closing, to me this episode had such a great S2 feel to it, and that is never a bad thing, plus it was a great Calleigh episode and those were painfully lacking is S4. Here's hoping we get at least a few more like this in the upcoming episodes. :D

I don't mean to be a complete drag, but the abusive husband is something I feel is a very important topic. This happens to real people and most of the time there is nothing to do about it, like you can see in this article I found about Pauley Perrette of NCIS:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,216205,00.html

In CSI feel good - the bad guy always goes to prison-world
Natalia's husband went away, but that is not what happens in the real world.

*steps off her soapbox*

^^Not sure if your reply was in response to my post or not, Juma, but I wanted to say that I agree with you, domestic violence is a very important topic, I know women in my real life who were victims of it.

That being said, my dislike of the character has nothing to do with the 'abusive ex-husband' storyline.

Well since I checked Miami Style and no new screencaps have been added yet, I was wondering if anyone has any sceencaps from this ep yet? (particularly of Stetler and Jake ;))
any caps would be appriciated :)

and that article that Juma posted...on a sidenote, it's freaky all the Empire Records allusions going on...Rory Cochrane was in that movie, Johnny Whitworth was in that movie, and in that article, Pauly's husband Coyote Shivers was in that movie too...woah...

Thanks for those screencaps Juma. :)

Carly, I agree about the 'Empire Records' allusions. It does seem a little strange doesn't it? :lol:

Jen, I also loved how Cooper couldn't find the oil caps. *sigh* I really love that man.

And Carly, if you wanted additional screencaps besides the ones that Juma posted, I'd be glad to get you some Stetler and Jake ones. :)

Well, the epi is *edited by moderator* as I type and some time tomorrow I'll be able to watch (I hope), providing my 'puter don't crash :eek: . Hope it will be worth it, I'm depending on you letting me know whether it's worth while spending the hours it takes. :D

Annwn, just a reminder of the Board Rules concerning Intellectual Property:
As a fan site for a television show, intellectual property is an important topic for us. We cannot legally or morally condone tape-trading in episodes or downloading episodes online, and do not allow discussions on this matter. Any other copyright violations will also not be allowed.
Thank you. This rule does not apply to iTunes, which is obviously legal. ;)

Well, I finally got around to looking at those screencaps that Juma posted, because my computer is so slow at the moment it can barely turn on, and when I saw the ones of Jake, all I could say was 'OH MY GOSH! Our little AJ is all growed up!' Awwwwww...whenever I think of Johnny Whitworth I still think "I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren" :lol:

I just hope that if he does go out with Calleigh/continues to go out with Calleigh (whatever is going on) that Rex Manning doesn't swoop back in...I can just imagine that Calleigh and Rex Manning start dating, and Jake comes in and says "Ah not again!....Friggin Rex Manning!"...actually, I think that would be hilarious :lol:

BTW, my apoligies as I realise that only a hangful of people will have any idea what I'm taking about, but I just watched Empire Records again, and that kinda influenced my post quite a bit...

and Geni, if you have any caps of Stettie or Jake from that ep, I would love to see them :)

Back