Episode 10x13 - 'Terminal Velocity' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 29, 2012.

?

Grade 'Terminal Velocity'

1. A+

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. A

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. B+

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. B

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. C

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I agree. He had a terrific part with lots of emotion and insight in the season premiere, and now it seems as though the writers are tossing the character in each episode like an afterthought. As a huge Horatio fan, this is very disappointing.

I wonder (provided CSI: Mi is renewed for an 11th season) if David will be in it. It seems as though he's distancing himself from the show little by little.

2. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

fanilowchick, I think he will but the question is how much screen time he`ll get

3. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I think you should blame the writers, not David, for this. As soon as they give him something to get his teeth into, he's all over it. The fact that they often don't, may be why he's restless. But I can't see him letting Horatio go this late in the day, and I certainly can't see Miami surviving without him. The show just needs his authority - actor and character - to make sense.

4. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I agree Daisymay. I think it's the writers, but possibly under the direction of CBS.

David would not bail on the show or his fans this late in the game, and in a tweet he made Jan. 12, 2012 he said, "Lets keep goes. Fingers crossed. Our fans rule." Then in a tweet he made yesterday he said, "I will be starring and producing "Chacarita" Hopefully this year. Waiting to get my schedule."

What he writes on his twitter account is his business and that does NOT sound like someone who is bailing, to me. It sounds like he would like to work on his movie, but it holds second place to to CSI Miami.

I just wish they would give him more to do and material he can get his teeth into. For me, he makes the show.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

DCHC4ever - Yes, I read him that way too... It really grieves me that they don't use his talent more. And I can't really understand why, since (I assume) his contract sees him paid regardless. Still, I suppose, if he's paid a large sum for four short scenes, why should he complain!

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

For info - the rest of this discussion on Horatio/David has moved to the relevant thread....

7. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I have to say, this is the first episode that I wasn't impressed with. No one seemed at all sympathetic - to the guy who fell to his death, or to anything else for that matter. I realise that Police officers and all emergancy services personell generally are detached, but I don't know, everyone just seemed a little off... H saying "Oh my god,' was good though.

I don't know, the story was good, but it just didn't feel well told - can't fully explain why I didn't like it.

8. yen35

yen35 Witness

Thanks for answering this question because I too had the same doubt.
    By the way hiphugger17, I really like your new avatar.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You're welcome and thank you :).

10. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I have watched that episode, but I forgot, what was the chemical used that caused that guy's parachute to break? Was the pilot also arrested for the man who got killed murder?

11. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

the chemical was nitric acid and, yes, pilot was arrested but I think for attempted murder

12. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Bellmaria,

I thank you for answer my question. Horatio Caine always gets his killer, and throws down Justice on them! God Bless Him! Peace!

13. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

you`re welcome jimihendrix:)

14. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

In reality, that pilot would have lost his license to fly, and probably served some Jail Time for that stunt. It was funny how the producers got the protesters involved.