Episode 10x13 - 'Terminal Velocity' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 29, 2012.

?

Grade 'Terminal Velocity'

1. A+

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. A

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. B+

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. B

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. C

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. D

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Thank you for adding the poll. I give it an A :)

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I rather liked this eppie. It was a bit creepy, but, like greatfan, that is one reason I liked it.

Random Thoughts:

Boy Kevin must have really needed the money:lol:.

Loved Ryan's reaction to the 103 kids.

Loved the amount of Ryan's screentime. There are been some eppies where seemed to have disappeared for long periods of time.

I had a feeling the twins would be put together in an attempt for the well twin to help the sick one. Pretty smooth on Natalia's part.

Ahhh, I have a bone to pick with the writers. Since Ryan is very afraid of heights, why is he wondering when he and Walter are going to sky dive (loved Walter's response of jumping out of a working plane:lol:)? Continuity writers!!

Very little Calleigh and Horatio. Loved seeing Calleigh in the lab though.

I had it figured out about half way through that the wife did it.

I, as well, was wonder if anything was going to happen to the surrogate for keeping Trent secretively.

Very watchable.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Ryan was just teasing Walter because of Walter getting sick in that gravity plane thing he and Jesse were in that time. And I never took it as Ryan being afraid of heights. I always just thought he was freaked out by being in something that was rocking that much while he was up that high LOL.

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Yea actually when I watched the episode I also got the feeling that Ryan was only teasing Walter and wasn't actually serious. Totally agree with Walter though, haha. Jumping out of a good airplane is just stupid. I loved his line though "Let's ask Kevin how safe it is. Kevin! Kev- that's right, Kevin's dead." And Ryan's "too soon, Walter, too soon". Love their banter. :lol:

The rest of the episode was surprisingly good too, aside from the regular stuff Miami always pulls that I'm just used to by now. The 103 kids thing seemed a little far fetched, I didn't know sperm donors could be used that many times, but I don't really know anything about that so maybe they can. Just seemed a little bit out there. Also the fact that so many of the kids went looking for their "real" dad. *shrug*

Does anyone else watch Glee, by the way? The twins in it were played by one guy who has been on Glee lately and then the surrogate mom plays the mom of a main character on Glee as well. :lol: So if Miami has higher ratings for this episode, you can thank Grant Gustin, the "twins".

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, on an episode of Hot In Cleveland, the lady at the sperm bank told Joy that one donor was retired because he'd been used too many times. So I wonder if in reality there is a limit to how many times one donor's sperm can be used.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I liked the episode a lot,and absolutely thought it was good . It just proves that other cast members can share in more screen time,it can vary,it doesn't have to be the same characters episode after episode. Hope it continues into the 11th season!

I expected him to disappear this time so was pleasantly surprised.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  7. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

I loved the episode. I loved Eric's "how many times can you donate"? I agree with Eric 103 children is a bit much, and the victim knowing that he had a genetic disorder and still donating made him a very selfish person. His selfishness was really evident when he refused to help Trent out, and also by his refusal to have a relationship with any of his children who tried to make contact with him. His wife's reason for killing him was just plain stupid, she killed him because he lied about not being able to have children, smh. I loved sneaky Natalia putting Trent and Scott in the same van, because Scott unlike his heartless father seems willing to help his brother out. Hopefully we get some continuity sometime in the future concerning Scott and Trent.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Victim

hate that i dont have cable now and cant view it until the day after..
    the whole episode was creepy.... cant imagine going to the bathroom and look over to the person beside me and it's ME!!!!!!!

9. jontogoisabeast

jontogoisabeast Hit and Run

It probably was the Glee fans :) Although my friends were mainly watching for Grant, we were all freaking out because he played twins. That's double the Grant! I loved the episode because it had Grant and lots of Ryan

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

This definitely was not my favorite episode this season. Many of you may disagree but I felt that it was slow paced and a bit boring at times. Definitely not the typical, fast-paced, action-packed CSI: Miami that I'm used to.

The thing that really killed it was the lack screen time for Horatio. As someone else posted, he was only in about 4 short scenes. I don't know why this is but I don't like it. :confused: This season there has been a couple episodes that he has had limited scene time in. I remember there was another one that he limited screen time in, and it shook out, it may have been the Halloween episode but I don't remember.

It seems like Natalia, Ryan, and Walter have been running the show lately. Not to say that I don't like it but at this point I wouldn't mind if they brought the Eric/Calleigh romance back. But hopefully that scene where Calleigh spilt the acid on her arm will shut the shippers up for a while. :lol:

Also, I think Ryan and Walter should have gone sky diving at the end. That would have been funny. :D

I just want to see Adam's episode. :)

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Nice to get a break from that sometimes.
    Really ? Ryan tends to disappear the second half of the episode,that's hardly running the show.He just happened not to disappear last night and I say it's about time.
    Even though Walter has on occasion had lots of time,it can't be said there has been an over abundance lately.
    It's about time the writers mix it up a bit. I thank them for it.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah but like many were upset about Horatio, Eric, and Calleigh always being upfront the same happens when it's the other way around. The writers aren't mixing it up, they are just going over to the other extreme. If they do mix it up then all fans are satisfied. This is like the never ending story; the writers just don't know how to balance it out.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    It's not the other way around,it's a few measly episodes.No one can honestly say Ryan has had an over abundance of upfront time.
    While the writers may not be able to balance time within the episode,maybe they are trying by dividing by episodes unlike other seasons.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Well I think it's the other way around. This is not the first or second time this has come up this season or last season. Especially with Walter and Natalia. I just think there could be better balance in every episode, unless of course it's a character centered episode.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There were special circumstances last season. I still think there has been a better mix this season than some other seasons even if every single episode isn't balanced.I l'll take that over entire seasons being unbalanced.