Episode 10x09 -- 'A Few Dead Men' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2011.

?

What Did You Think?

1. A+

13.8%
  2. A

20.7%
  3. B+

20.7%
  4. B

27.6%
  5. C+

3.4%
  6. C

6.9%
  7. D

6.9%
  8. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks, Shane.

Holly, why would they talk about Ryan's gambling in tonight's episode? Tonight is about the three guys that get out of jail and one is killed and the others are in danger of being killed. Its loosely based on "The West Memphis Three". I don't think it has anything to do with gambling.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It looks as if a few people have seen the episode and graded it fairly high,can't wait to see it.

3. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Bahahaha woah... I had a major brain fart....Gah I feel retarded. I was thinking of a previous episode that already aired. Wow.

My apologies. I'm going to delete that comment right now lol. My mind is on so much right now, and I totally didn't read the epi description. I need to wait til there is less going on in my life before I post. :p

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Hmmm.... :drool:

;)

5. GregNickRyanFan

Don't feel too bad, Holly. I had my own brain fart moment a minute ago with trying to open a carton of Coconut milk. I was trying to open it with the tabs and forgot entirely that it had a cap with one of those plastic pull tabs LOL.
    ===

Oh man... Frank with the 'stache LOL.

Frank: So who do you think for a suspect?
    Horatio: How about the city of Miami?

Did Ryan just call Tripp "Frankie"? LOL. First Nick on LV calling Brass "Jimbo" and now Ryan call Tripp "Frankie". He said "come on Frank" then Frank was still standing there and he goes, "Frankie" LOL. I love it!

I like the scene with Calleigh and the girl. But Victor... what an idiot he is. Not out of jail for very long before he goes and commits a violent crime. As Frank would say, "Dumbass".

Tom and Walter's expressions before they even said anything told me what was done to the first guy.

Ryan: Prepare to be dazzled. (I liked Eric's little chuckle at that comment)

Horatio, don't you think you should at least spray the knife with luminol to see if there is blood on it before you arrest the guy?

Boy's Dad: What would you do if your son was murdered and the killer went free?
    Horatio: I wouldn't have gotten caught.

Yeah, I didn't think Darren was involved with the little boy's murder. I wasn't sure about the long haired guy cause he was killed before we heard much from him. But I was pretty sure about Victor.

When Tom said the kid was stabbed brutally like the man was, I thought the killer of the kid must have been some kind of sexual predator or something (especially when the girl said the one guy raped her)... but those two did that to the boy just because he saw them doing drugs?

I kind of would have liked to have seen a scene with the boy's dad being told that Darren was innocent of the murder of the boy and then the father apologizing to him and maybe even thanking him for killing one of the bastards who did kill his son.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I'm usually not the type to come in and just say I hated an episode, but I hated this episode. It was just WAY too boring for me. I was waiting and waiting for something to happen and nothing did. I had more fun playing Angry Birds than watching this.

The only good points about it were pretty Ryan, and I liked how this was Frank's first homicide and that he was kind of more involved in the case and the whole episode compared to usual. But the rest, meh. I voted for C.

7. GregNickRyanFan

I liked the episode for the most part... even though it was somewhat predictable.

I gave it a solid A. It would have been A+ if Natalia had been there too... or if at the very least they had given a reason onscreen for her absence. Say she's visiting family or something at least!

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah I wasn't exactly blown away by this one. It was pretty boring. Also my eyes were definitely rolling when they found the piece of javelin encrusted in the trunk :rolleyes:. Way too farfetched IMO that the little piece stayed there enduring wind and rain and what not until the trunk grew around it... yeah ok. The only things that saved this episode for me were:

-Calleigh yelling into the phone to whoever this poor John is lol.
    -Frank :thumbsup: I liked how involved he was and that this was his first homicide.

Also, please, more Calleigh and Frank scenes. Those two are just great together.

I have to mention the moment when Horatio shot Victor. I was literally :eek:. I mean, he shot with that woman just right in front of him. It was just so risky, yikes!

Gave it a C because it involved Frank but it if weren't a personal case to one of the characters it would've received a much lower rating.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I liked the episode too. I thought it was really crappy that Rocco and Victor let Darren serve 19 years along with them,but then I guess they would have to admit they were quilty.
    I liked that we got to see Frank's first homicide and the effect it had and still has on him.
    LOL at pretty Ryan, but Ryan is always a plus.Liked his "prepared to be dazzled", and matching the symbol from the knife
    I would have been shocked if there were a reason given for Natalia's absence.Something as simple as a seminar would have worked as an excuse.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Thank God for grading polls!

F

I mean good Lord. Tonight's episode was essentially a rehashed "If I Had A Hammer..." and not even a good rehash at that. There is nothing original or creative about this show anymore; from the season long serial killer dreck to the recycled chases and take downs. It's just sad.

What this show needs is a shakeup of some sort. Not sure what exactly it does need, but it needs new life. Fast.

11. GregNickRyanFan

I knew the tree growing over the evidence thing seemed familiar LOL. I couldn't remember where it was familiar from.

I was bothered by the scene with the girl and the doctor. I mean, she was just raped and they can't offer her a female doctor/nurse to do the rape exam? I'm sure most rape victims don't want to be touched by any man that soon after being raped. That just seemed a little weird to me. Most of the time on these shows its a female doctor/nurse who does that exam. You could tell by the look on the girl's face that she was hating that it had to be a guy who was doing the exam.

I have to say though, I kind of thought it was gonna turn out that the guy (can't remember his name) who came to pick the one guy up at the station would be involved in the murder of the kid. YOu know, the guy who said the boy's death happened the one day he decided not to walk home from school or whatever. I thought that sounded a little suspicious... but that was just a red herring I guess.

Am I the only one who heard Ryan called Tripp "Frankie"? Cause no one else has mentioned that and I thought they would LOL.

---

Better writers? Although, they have been doing better this season with the interactions between the team, I will give them that.

This episode, while I liked it for the most part, was kind of all over the place. It seemed like parts were written by different people. Like the episode was somehow not as cohesive as it should have been or something. I dunno. I still liked it for the most part though. Thinking about it now, I was probably being a bit generous with the A. I probably subconsciously graded it that well because there was lots of Ryan lol. Taking that out of the equation, I'd probably only give the episode a B-. :)

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I don't know why the writers went with a male to do the exam.Any nurse or nurse or doctor would need to have training as far as the exam and collecting evidence,still a female could have been offered. I was surprised that there wasn't a request by either the victim or even Calleigh.
    I'll have to listen to that part of the episode again.
    Agree and the writers get points for that.

13. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Even though Ryan had some decent screentime, he was just present. I guess the writers just think we only need to look at him and be satisfied. All the good lines went to Walter again. I recognize that Omar is a good actor, but do they have to keep focusing on him so such? Calleigh and Frank were good; however, Eric and Ryan were not given anything interesting to do.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I guess each person will have their own opinion,but I don't remember anything that was overly interesting about about Walter's lines in the episode. I also didn't feel there was really any focus on him in the episode either,I think that honor belonged to Frank and he was due.

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Decent episode that gave a lot of time to Frank. Was good to see him shine.
    Other than that, I can't give this episode anything higher than a C+
    Once again, this was a case where I was rooting for the killer more than the perp. And I don't like that. I realize not all victims are going to be saints but good grief..the past two weeks all three of the CSI shows have made it to the point you almost wish they hadn't solved them.