Episode 10x07 - 'Sinner Takes All' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 4, 2011.

1. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I agree that all the things that we are usually looking for were in this episode and for me, I thought it was very good, but there was something lacking to make it excellent or special.

As I thought about it more, other than special things that some would like, example an E/C scene or a sexy Ryan scene, The only thing that was missing was the heavy duty action scenes. In other words, I think CBS has trained us to want and adrenalin rush and without one we feel let down/something missing etc...

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    Actually for me ,some really good scenes for Ryan(not necessarily sexy) along with a little action, good science, and good team interaction works for me.
    I still however enjoyed the episode even though it would have been better if some characters hadn't just disappeared.

3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

LOL - no, you're not alone ;) As a matter of fact, I think while a lot of fans like most of the characters, many are feeling the strain for screen time between them all, as it were. We all have our favs, and many people w/different favs have acknowledged the lack of screen time for their favorites at times. The cast is very large, and if they don't have more scenes w/three or four of them in some of the scenes, then characters will get lost. Not sure what the solution is - this is in my mind one of the reasons why they (unfortunately IMHO) had to get rid of Jesse (but don't get me started on how lamely that was done...:shifty: ). Anyway, not sure what other solution there would be to this other than to have more "team scenes," which we all seem to want anyway.:)

4. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

More team scenes are exactly the solution. NCIS does it well. They team up in almost every scene. CSIM has too many scenes with one or two people, and way too much screen time for the guest stars. Again, the writing is weak and lazy so this is the result.

5. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

As for Jasse, I think they got rid of him cuz Adam was wanted back full-time, so 7 CSIs it would be too much. Actually, I think 6 is too much also - they should have stopped on 5.
    As for "more team scenes" I couldn't agree more. And I don't think it's so difficult for writers to do.

6. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

They got rid of Jesse because he was a very unpopular addition with the fans, plus Eddie Cibrian's ongoing divorce/sex scandal at the time may have been a concern. I'm glad they kept Walter, but the feeling that all the CSIs are being crammed into 40-45 minutes of screentime every week is getting a bit tiring.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Difinitely agree. There were many times when it made sense to have more than one CSI in a scene.

At this point,I'm all for cramming all the CSI's in 40-45 minutes because it appears that the writers can't or won't write for each character on an equatable basis spread out over the season.That's what I get tired of.
    It would be great if there were a different mix with the emphasis on that mix for the week,for instance,Horatio and Frank or Frank and Ryan,Natalia and Calleigh,Horatio and Walter,Walter and Eric etc.We would still see everyone but for that particular episode,the focus would be on certain characters,but this should be throughout the season.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  8. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I have said for awhile now that the writing on this show is subpar. A show can have a number of characters if handled properly and these writers do not seem to be up to the task and haven't been for a long time. Maybe new writers with a fresh viewpoint are needed.

I agree with this since it seems my favorite is the first one who gets the short end of the stick.

I watch Hawaii 5-0 and they are having some of the same type of issues on there. They introduced a new regular who has become extremely unpopular with the fans and at this time the writers there aren't handling this situation any better. They are increasing her screentime and seemingly decreasing the screentime of the characters already there. It is how Jesse was seemingly handled but at least Jesse had chemistry with Ryan and Walter while this 5-0 character has no chemistry with anyone else on the show and really wasn't needed after a quality first season. So it is happening on other shows as well. But I know that doesn't make one feel better.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011