Episode 10x07 - 'Sinner Takes All' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 4, 2011.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    His screentime was decent (IMO)He actually had more time than he had in what we thought were going to be Ryan centric episodes.
    I agree with Shane regarding Evelyn's eyes.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It was a good episode. At least it kept me guessing as to who was actually involved and how. The storyline with the kid was nice. It was sad and I did like how Horatio stepped in and helped. Calleigh was her awesome self as always; especially since we got to see her playing with her bullets and in the firing range. I was afraid that Eric wasn't going to be in the episode so I'm glad he showed up even if it was halfway through. I like how he and Calleigh worked the scene were they were trying to decipher the tatoo. Bouncing off ideas and just trying to figure it out. I know it's what the CSI's usually do but IDK, I just liked how played out. Like when you've been working with someone for a long time and you know that when you bounce ideas together you'll figure it out. It just felt very natural.

Horatio and Calleigh had a nice, though short, scene. They should have more and more often. They have a nice dynamic and it's definitely missing from the show. Oh and Frank, he is just great. He also had some nice moments.

3. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

No delays here, what about other time zones?

Liked it, more than the Halloween episode.

The plot was interesting, liked that all three players were suspect.

Love Walter's interaction with his old pal from the night shift. "Teddy Bear" = cute! :)

Horatio delivering the cash to the kid at the end was a bit cheesy and unbelievable, but a sweet gesture nonetheless. Hopefully he kept a couple of stacks for himself :devil:

Screentime was divided well among the team :thumbsup:

Good episode overall.

4. slower

slower Lab Technician

I liked the episode; but I have to agree with Theresa. Ryan seems to show up 15-20 mins in, hand cuffs someone and then diappears for another 10. Howerver; he did have a fair amount of screentime than in previous episodes.

However; much as I love Omar, he is starting to annoy me; with all the screetime. I think Togo has earned the greater amount of time. Even though Adam wasn't there too much, he has had a good amt. in previous episodes. I just wish Miami could find a decent balance.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It was delayed almost thirty minutes where I am.

Adam not being in this episode that much may be due to the movie he was/is filming. He may have not had time to be in the first half, so they may have worked around his movie schedule. :)

Aldis Hodge (Hardison from Leverage) - I knew Isaiah would be involved in the murder because he's the only guest star I recognized LOL.

Weird looking mask the dude who crashed through the window is wearing.

"Sam-o" heh.

"Tarzan" LOL.

Natalia's purple shirt is pretty.

I knew housewife's eyes were not natural.

An okay episode, but not one of my favorites.

6. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I had another one of my "work weekends", so I wasn't as with it as I could have been and really need to watch this episode again. I like what I remember of it:shifty:.

Random Thoughts:

I loved seeing Drea de Matteo; I have liked her since the Sopranos. Glad she wasn't the bad guy.

Thought the reason that she was getting into the poker games a bit far fetched but it showed how far a mother would go for her child.

Glad to see them taking advantage of Calleigh's knowledge of ballistics, since it doesn't seem to happen too much anymore. To see her in the ballistics lab is a treat for me.

Walter=teddy bear :lol:. Not sure how I feel about the night shifter. Why couldn't they just bring back Travers?

Wondered where Eric was and then boom! the show is half way over and there he is. And coincidentially, Ryan poof! disappeared:wtf:

Ryan was good, for what we saw of him.

Natalia looks good in purple

Okay, this is one of zoned out moments; did they saw who the person in the vent end up being?

Pretty good, and will probably get more out of it when I watch it again.

Me as well. They need to spread out his minutes throughout the show. It was better than last week.

I like Walter as well but, it does seem to be "All Walter, all the time". Some of his scenes could have been filled just as easily with Eric or better still Ryan.

The balance hasn't been there. Eric and Ryan seem to be splitting eppies while Walter's time is spread out, and seems to be in it all the time.:(

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

MiamiWolfe, I think the person in the vent was the guy that Eric shot and killed.

8. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I liked this episode overall but have to agree with others that Walter is getting way too much screentime over the regulars that have been there longer.

9. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Pretty good episode - I liked the subplot w/the son. Poor kid. :( Liked how H helped him, and how the mother wasn't ultimately the "bad guy." That last scene was very sweet between the mom and son. Maybe H was thinking about Kyle - how he might be w/him if Kyle came back wounded from Afghanistan.

I agree that the Eric/Ryan time was very weird, and that Walter is getting a bit too much time. I like Walter, but he needs to be a bit more on the sidelines. I just think the cast is too big - between Tom and Walter, Eric and Ryan, Nat and Cal, then Tripp and of course Horatio - it's just a lot of people to fit into one show! I really wish they had more scenes TOGETHER - like three or four of them in a scene more often.

hiphugger17
    Totally agree! (obviously ;) ) Was surprised to see them bouncing some ideas off each other, kinda like Eric and Cal did in the other scene. That's the kinda stuff I enjoyed from previous seasons. That's good teamwork and it was nice not to have any underlying "drama" between Eric and Cal - just, "Hey, can you help me out w/this one?" :thumbsup:

Always good to see Frank - he had some nice scenes.

Surprised when Eric shot and killed that guy :eek: And Nat was backing him up - I like Eric and Nat together (as a CSI team, I mean), and it was a good scene w/them.

Overall, the episode had enough twists and subplots to keep me engaged - it was a pretty good ep.

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I totally agree with all of the comments. This week really illustrated IMHO the poor writing--unequal screentime, lack of team interaction, and lack of character backstories. Even with Adam's so-called reduced screentime for his movie, he still seemed to have more than Jon. Also, it seems to be the Walter, Natalia, and Frank show lately. I am not happy.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  11. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

I too agree. I really like Walter, but over the past few episodes I've noticed this trend. It's getting tiresome to watch Horatio, Eric, and Calleigh, who have been on the show for 10 seasons, get pushed to the back burner by characters that have been there for half that or less.

Last time I checked, David Caruso was still the lead actor on this show...

I WANT MORE H!! :evil:

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ryan's fans feel the same.He hasn't been there from the first season,but he has been there since the start of the 3rd,he shouldn't be treated as if he just arrived.

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Thanks GNRF. Boy, I am REALLY gonna have to watch this eppie again (maybe full of caffeine this time:lol::lol:)

I think I can work to have a larger cast (Tom probably won't be in it as much as the CSIs), but I am not sure these writers are up to the task.:(

I am not a shipper but I have always loved Eric and Calleigh's friendship and loved the way they always have worked together and always have each other's backs:)

Seniority doesn't seem to be a consideration here when it comes to screentime. Ryan seems always shoved into the background for one reason or another.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree.
    Horatio,Calleigh and Eric have had plenty of screentime overall in the previous episodes this season,doesn't mean they get the most in every single episode.
    Just because a character has less seniority doesn't mean less screentime all the time just as being the lead doesn't equate to the most screentime all the time.

15. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

I'm not crazy about this eppi and don't know why:confused:
    It seems quite decent - interesting, twisted plot, a team work, plausible forensics, all actors play good (some of them great), Horatio's not beating a crap out of regular suspect but showing his compassion to this poor kid. H didn't have to help to return money, it wasn't the case but it was pure H. And that's the thing I really love in this eppi. Also the Rapper mogul;) and his confession - great acting job, he really wanted the victim dead and showed it. So I understand why he killed him - that's the thing I didn't have in Halloween episode.
    Actually, all was good but anyway this eppi is average for me - not good not bad.

miamirocks
    I love you for this:beer: For a long time I thought it's only my opinion. Now I'm not alone.