Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by kissmesweet, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Re: Emmanuelle/Angell thread #1- Detective "Angel"

I can't watch these pictures either. When I clicked on that click, it said I needed the password.. As I got this message: Gallery Password Required. This gallery requires a password to view its images. Please enter the gallery password below. Below that message, there is a field where you write the password. Then you are supposed to click 'Submit' (the button). I don't even know what it is. And can't guess.

But I suppose she looks fantastic in these pictures. At least, I can imagine that :)

I agree with Brinchen though. They could have done so much more with her character. She also made it more exciting, as we were able to see another side of Flack. But I liked how she helped Stella too, even if Mac wanted Stella to drop the case. With Angell, we saw some really got storylines/episodes. Too bad she died.

I haven't seen Emmanuelle in Two and a half men. Mainly because I have watched some episodes, and didn't like it. I have heard good things about her character Mia though. So I suppose it's really good that she may come back. If so, I will probably watch. Just because she is in it.

2. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Sorry. I think the photographer closed the gallery to the public. Because you could originally see them just by clicking the link.

Yes, they could have done so much more w/Angell. I'm peeved whenever a new character comes one. At least there's fan fiction to read. Most authors are choosing to ignore her death.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I don't know if they can find any replacement for Angell. EV was perfect for the role; Angell blended well with the cast. I really can't get over with last year's finale. It's great but heart-wrenching. Why are they making fans sad... That's not supposed to be the case.

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

First of all, awesome icon. :D And I agree. I still can't really believe she had to go because of budget cuts, and if it was supposed to be a plot it was kinda unfair because they could have shown us more of Jess's background story for example. I think that would have been interesting. And yes, I agree. I'm doing the same in my fanfics as well, even when they're set in season 6. She just has to be still there.

I agree, Emmanuelle was great for the role and she also had a great dynamic with Eddie. And with the rest of the cast as well. I would have loved to see Jess interact with more characters. For example she had rarely any scenes with Lindsay, she never really had one with Adam. I would have loved to see her working together with them.

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Me too. That's just unbelievable. TPTB should have tried better for a reason of letting her go. Budget cuts? How about hiring Sarah Carter? Kim Kardashian? Train? The production (special effects, stunts) is still great like the previous seasons. Plus they have additional income coming from TNT for a syndication aside from Spike. I know the semi-major cast are in rotation but still the reason is just not acceptable.

She was really great with Stella, Mac, and Flack and also with Danny.

6. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

I'm Canadian and I was looking at a Macleans magazine and it was all about the Olympics and I came across a picture of Emmanuelle looking very pretty, and looking at some Canadian Olympics merchandise, I dont actually have a the magazine so I thought maybe some people with wicked searching skills could look. Or nobody might find it and ive brought about a large false hope concept, in that case i'm sorry :)

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I think the budget cut thing was back when there was a more serious problem. The episode was written and prepared long before the episode aired, so the economic situation wasn't the same. Plus, budgets for guest stars and minorly recurring characters are probably a lot different than budgets for major recurring characters.

Not that I think it was a good excuse, mind you.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Yeah but they could have just cut her episodes to 3 to 5 episodes this season or even lesser. Maybe if Emmanuelle herself decided to leave the show, I'm wouldn't be this pissed-off to tptb.

9. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

Ask and ye shall receive. Here's a the pic of Emmanuelle and accompanying article:
    http://www2.macleans.ca/tag/emmanuelle-vaugier/

Thanks for the head's up, Nick_Wolfe_Danny!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  10. Little Princess

Little Princess Victim

Yay, an Angell thread, I love Jess (I'm determined to believe that certain things did not happen and refuse to have my bubble of denial burst). She's a kick ass character, she fits in well with the rest of the team and I adore her and Don together. She's my favorite character on the show and she's had some seriously awesome moments. I love the episode wear she kicks that trash can at the guy trying to make a run for it. :lol:

11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

That was in Playing With Matches, right? I thought that was a very cool episode. I love how the guy tries to escape and all that comes to her mind is kicking a trash can- and it worked perfectly! She's had a few action scenes. Which one was it where she and Don chased after this guy in the subway? I think it was a season 5 episode but I forgot the title.

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The episode title is "Help" season 5 episode 12.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh, the one with Hawkes's ex girlfriend, right? Thanks. :D It was such a cool scene, how they chased after the guy and all. Lots of actions. I love it when the girls get chasing scenes and Jess had quite a lot of those.

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Yes it is. I remember Angell calling the suspect "stupid idiot" and she asked Flack if it's redundant then he said "not for this guy!" :D

15. Little Princess

Little Princess Victim

That was such a good scene for them, Jess did get quite a few kick ass scenes, like when she and Danny (I'm pretty sure it was Danny) were chasing a suspect, I think it was in 'Rush to Judgement' she slid over a car and tackled the guy while Danny was still trying to catch up. Awesome moment for her!