Emily/Calleigh #11 :The Divine Miss Em

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

!

Yeah! :) I agree. But as you say, she still looked very pretty!

And again, while we're at it. What did you guys think of her hair in season four? I don't have any pics at the moment, but I think you might remember...:)

As for me, I loved it in season 4 ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
  2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Re: !

Actually, I like it that long. If it was up to me, she should have hair like singer Crystal Gayle, down to her ankles. Of couse, that would not be a smart thing for a CSI to have when processing around lots of blood or chasing after a suspect.

3. electra

electra Pathologist

I know that I am WAY late but I also support Emily to get recognition at the Emmy's.I hate that Miami actors don't get the recognition they deserve.

Great pictures!!

4. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Opps, I'm late in replying but I must say Emily looked awesome at the A List Awards! Wonderful ensemble! You go girl!

I prefer Cal's hair when it's wavy (not too curly though, but wavy), like in S2 & S5; not a big fan of her hair being really straight, it doesn't suit her, I think.

I was meaning to ask this question but keep forgetting. It seems that most of us agree that Season 4 Calleigh was not our Calleigh of old (cheery, happy, smiling yet tough as nails CSI when need be), it was like aliens came down, abducted her and switched her with Robot Cal.

My question is do you think this robotic Calleigh in S4 is solely the result of her personal tragedies with the lost of Speed in beginning of S3 and the witness of her ex-boyfriend Hagen's suicide in the ending of S3, as written by TPTB? Or did TPTB just dropped the ball and forgot about our Cal and focused on Horatio's and Eric's personal problems instead? Or do you think it was Emily's interpretation of how she thinks these two major events would effect Calleigh's persona entering S4 without directly alluding to the deaths?

I think it's a combination of TPTB's and Emily's direction. I think Emily portrayed Cal in a very subdued manner because the deaths of two people close to you in one year is traumatic and a part of you dies when someone close to you dies too. I don't think the director/producers would allow Emily to act in that manner without a good reason throughout the entire S4, or vice versa if Emily wasn't in agreement with them, I'm sure they would allow some creative feedback from their stars as Emily knows Cal the best!

Although I don't embrace their take on it b/c robot Cal really didn't sit well with me. I miss the happier Cal from the first 2 seasons, but I can also see it from the writers/producers side. I just wish they didn't take it so extreme with her lack of any emotion in most of her interactions with the team/suspects/officials, etc. She was just so professional, all work and no play. So, maybe S4 just wasn't Cal's year and they focused on H & E instead. Granted, she did have some lighter moments in S4 (eg. her joking with Ryan in Nailed and with Eric and Ryan in Three Way, Eric's crazy girlfriend Gloria, etc) but they were so few and far inbtw that year! The one that took the cake was her lack of emotion when Eric got the call that his sister Marisol just passed away. I would have given him a great big hug and start to tear up at that moment!

But I'm glad robot Cal disappeared in S5. It was discussed in previous pages about how her character has changed. I agree, Cal has matured over the seasons, going from girl to professional woman, she definitely has seen her share of lows! I like her S7 character now, little bit of old Cal seeping back but still hard-nosed professional and in love with Delko!

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think it was a little bit of everything. I think that Emily must have analyzed what happened the previews year and thought that Calleigh must be affected and changed in some way after experiencing such traumatic events. So probably that, mixed with a little directing resulted in a more serious, robotic, down to business Calleigh. I have to agree with you about the scene were Eric learned about his sister's death, that was just plain painful to watch. I think that was horrible directing and robotic Calleigh at it's worst. He was her friend and co-worker and she knew how important his sister was and her lack of reaction was just cruel.

At the same time Calleigh did not have a single storyline during season 4 and so what we saw of her was basically lab procedure and interrogations. We didn't get the chance to see her reacting to personal stuff and dealing with emotions because her involvement during the season was pretty much case-related only.

She did have her moments like the example given (Three Way) were a bit of smile came through but it wasn't that much. I'm just glad that throughout the next seasons and especially this season a bit of the old Calleigh is being seen again, she smiles more often, and we can get to know a bit of how her emotions play out. At the same time, tough and all-business Cal is still there. I think she's reaching a really good balance.

6. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I've searched through my photobucket and found these lovely pics of Emily.:)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Dang, she looks so amazing! One of the things I love about her is that she has a REAL body. She's obviously athletic, and has the muscles to prove it, but too often there are actresses who are just too damn skinny. I'm sure Em's felt the pressure to be tinier or skinnier or whatever-er, since they all do, but she doesn't let it get to her. She does her own thing, and if she has runner's legs, so what? They look great on her. Calleigh runs. And she's happy and healthy. So good for her. ;)

8. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

i really love these pictures especially emily in the first one with her hair. i think that when she attends an event that my favorite hair style of hers is when she has the big curls pulled back.

9. athens

athens Coroner

All three hairstyles suit her really well but I prefer the second and the third.They are more casual :)
    Season 1 was my least favorite too because although I like casual I didn't like the color and her haircut was too simple..

She still looked beautiful but not as much as in later seasons

10. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

i just saw the promo for the new episode on monday. i can say that calleigh is again wearing black :( , but she seems to be glowing in this new way that i didn't really see before in the last few seconds of the promo. and so far i am really liking her hair in the up coming episode.

11. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

OMG!! Her hair in the next episode will be AWESOME :eek::eek: :D
    Can't wait to see it, too bad she's wearing black but the hair can beat it :lol:

Can anyone see some kind of red shirt under her jacket? Or maybe I'm seeing things :lol:

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Yes her hair looks nice and you are not the only one who saw red shirt under her jacket, I saw it too.:)

13. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

ANAWARDFOREMILY FANS WE NEED HELP!!!!!!

As you all know, the more publicity we make the best visibility we give to Em...let's start from something I found this morning on THE ENVELOPE site ( the Award Insider of Los Angeles Times).

These are the actress THE ENVELOPE thinks they are the front runners for an Emmy nomination:

As you can see our Emily is missing...what about let them know we think differently in the nice way we all know? Let's leave comments, really technical and serious so their moderator will take us seriouly. Ready?

This is the link

And this is the link to AnAwardForEmily Post

14. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Oh god, I can't believe Em is missing, god damn it!!!
    Let's make it guys, let's make it!!

One problem, I don't know what to say, we say what we said in the feedback we sent to CBS?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  15. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I kinda told them that I am a bit fed up to see always the same people running for that award, that there are a lot of talented people out there and one of these is Emily who does agreat job on CSI:MIami but no one has never rewarded her for that yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.