Emily/Calleigh #11 :The Divine Miss Em

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Florry86, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I've finish it :)
    Sorry if it has some mistakes :p

“I’m not cold and calculist like Calleigh”
    Before giving life to ballistics expert Calleigh Duquesne in CSI:Miami, Emily Procter already was famous for her talent in tv and cinema. “Ainsley Hayes” – a white house’s employer in “the West Wing” and her participating in “FRIENDS” and “Just Shoot Me” opened the doors for the 7th art.
    (…)
    We asked to defining the CSI success “Human being is a mystery, and the funniest thing to do is solving that mystery”, she said. “The other, is the big spirit team between all the cast and technical team. Every episode is a BIG production.. If you guys saw all the “Decors” that is necessary for every episode, I look and… it’s impressive! [Laughs]. And the characters, all of them, are without any doubt, hilarious. It is a great cast of characters. Each one has their value. Beyond the development like an actress, every character is enriching the show. It’s great the diary strain of all the production, writers, make-up, dress-makers, all the people of professional ethic, that capacity between all that pressure” she says, “ and if you think that we make a Miami TV show and there’s a lot of sun, beach and fun, you’re wrong. We go to Miami 4 times a year. We start the season there and we finish it there”, she smiles waiting for our surprise expression.
    Backstage
    “it’s curious that your magazine is called “backstage”, because I already suggest an episode only about the backstage of the show” she says with a huge smile – “but I didn’t have success [laughs].So, she has now the opportunity to show us the backstage. she smile with an hilarious and huge laugh that we never heard on CSI. “I’ll show to you everything but I think it won’t be any interest by my partners [smiles].
    The show catapulted her protagonists for an high landing. Is one of the most watched shows of the planet. How do you manage that media effect? “With naturalization. When people see me in the street they say that I’m so different from Calleigh, obviously that the best compliment that I can hear, because that proves that I can “undress” Emily and dress the character. I’m not cold and cautions person like Calleigh, I’m a sexual being, like any woman, I’ve a great relationship with my body, with my head and I like to live my life! I go out, I dance, sometimes with Jon, other times with Eva… [laughs]. And David is so sweet, so kind.. he’s so sensitive, a true friend for life.”
    Living by image, like any actress, she also made a botox “it’s not easy get old. And the public deserves the best of us.”
    Although with celebrity statute, Procter says that Hollywood life is very different from what she thought it was. “Very sincerely, I always thought that it would be different. Being Hollywood, where the publicity slogans says ‘it is the house of all the celebrities’, I always thought that no one give importance when we pass in the street. What is not truth [laughs]. Although people are very sweets with me , they confuse Emily with Calleigh. In the other day I was taking breakfast and the boy who was working there screamed ‘hey, you’re from CSI. I and my mom love watch you’. And my breakfast was passed giving autographs and listening things like this ‘wow, you’re much more beautiful that in TV’, it’s normal, you’re a celebrity, we said. With a surprising humility she said “Far way from that! I’m common mortal, who works in TV”
    Emily Procter 2008, Bastidores [backstage]​

The 1st part is only about her bio so I think it's not necessary put it in here ;)
    Isn't she amazing? I'm loving her more and more, she has been revealing her simple personality more and more :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Thanks for the translation csifann1. :thumbsup:

Finally we have an interesting article with some interesting questions ;).
    I'd pay to see Emily, Jon & Eva hanging out :lol:

3. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

The interview is really nice, thanks for the translation!!!!

I was thinking that I would die to have a backstage episode! All of them having fun andseeing them working...it would be nice to see how Emily becomes Calleigh everyday!!!

4. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

It's interesting because it's a portuguese interview :cool: Just kidding :guffaw:

I'd love to stay one day with Emily :rolleyes: Can you imagine, waking up go to long run, then go to her home, and I'd obviously go to her shoes wardrobe :devil:, then go to the set and have all that fun! OMG that's my dream :hugegrin:

5. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Looks like we share the same dream, minus the long run maybe...LOL!

6. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

well, let's say I'm not a big fan of running too, but since it's her routine, I wouldn't mind. It's good for our health :lol:

7. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

If we don't have a stroke trying to catch her! :guffaw: Considering all the things she does, sports and all, you can easily understand how she can always be so fit and wonderful! I wish I was so active! University is kiling my free time...:(

8. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Well, I think I can be in the same running level that she is since my PE's teacher are all the time torturing my class with running games :guffaw:

That's true, but 40 with that beauty and be so fit?! Gosh!! I still can't believe she's 40 :p

9. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

haha, well, I would probably buy a segway or a golfcart and follow her around :guffaw:!!! Yep, I probably wouldn't be able to run as well so a segway sounds perfect to me; gosh I would give anything to spend a day with her.

10. Mike1168

Mike1168 Dead on Arrival

Hey y'all!

Sorry I've been invisible....my office is going through a move and I'm up to my ears in boxes!

First off, time for my famous reaction to the Grammy pictures of the Goddess Emily.....THUD!!!! :drool::luvlove::eek:

And a quick comment on Emily using botox. I agree with all of you; if she did, it's a personal choice and does not at all change how I feel about her...most of you know I call her my "Goddess" and a lil' botox here and there ain't gonna change that she is....and probably always will be, my Golden Blonde Goddess!!! ;)

....back to packing I go! :(

11. mandystevens

mandystevens Hit and Run

I can't believe she's 40 either. And i can't believe she started csi with 30ish, i remember i was watching and "omggg she's sooo so young."
    and everytime i see her is like She's not 40, no way. Bcz yeah, she's soo fit, and she's sooooooo beautiful, for me she's one of the most beautiful ppl ever. she's an wonderful 40 year old woman. i wanna be like that when i get that age. ;)

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I agree with you, she looks really great, it's hard to believe she's 40 already. I don't think she needs botox, but like you guys said it's her decision. Thoug still I think she would be beautiful even without it.:)

13. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

With regards to the Botox thing...Celebrities survive on image; are they pretty/handsome, wearing the right clothing brand, seen with the newest and biggest technology, clothing, house, car/SUV, etc. Hollywood is pretty much one giant image, and if the paparazzi get tired of taking your picture (for any reason), you're done for.

So in order to continue projecting a youthful, upbeat, with-the-times image, a lot of people have cosmetic surgery and Botox procedures...it's sad, because celebs aren't superhuman people, they're just normal, prone-to-aging human beings, it's just that they can afford to have things done to get rid of those wrinkles, or hike the ladies up a little...it's the Hollywood game, ya'll...it's just too bad people still have to play it..especially when they have such great personalities like Em does.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep that's Hollywood. I don't think it's something she needed, but if she wanted to do it and had the money then she has every right to. Like you guys have said, it's her decision.

I want her to do a new interview. I always laugh so much when I watch her. She's too funny :).

criminologist86 I'm also proud to be a grillow :thumbsup:

15. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

YAY for PureJoy :)

Yeah, it's a personal decision you have to make; whether you wanna protect your image and therefore your fame & job, or whether you just wanna deal...I would rather more celebs screw the Botox and just go au natural (like Marg Helgenberger) but again, some women don't age as gracefully as others (Em and Marg have it good), so they need something...*sigh*

So I haven't kept up with CSI Miami at all- what's going on with Miss Calleigh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.