Drinking thread.

Yep it's the same with me. I drank much more when I was about 16/17. Now that I've got a car I don't drink too often, b/c it's so much more convenient driving home when I want to without depending on the taxi or the bus.
Oh Jane I absolutely understand you! I'm an England fan as long as they don't play vs Germany, though *lol*) and the Euro 04 and WC 06 was so hard... I would've liked a Germany/ England final :lol: Worst thing was that my boyfriend supported Portugal and kept teasing me the whole day... (*note to self: stop being o/T*)
I was very drunk on April 30/ May 1 (Walpurgis night), and I had the worst hangover ever hte next day - I guess it was just too much mead... But we had so much fun, it was worth it!

I found this in my email and though about sharing it with all of you. Sorry if you don't understand, i translated it into english.

01. Symptom: Cold and humid feet.
Reason: The glass is being taken hold in incorrect angle.
Solution: Turn the glass until the open part is looking up.

02. Symptom: Hot and wet feet.
Reason: You already pissed.
Solution: go to dry yourself in the next bathroom.

03. Symptom: The opposite wall is full of lights.
Reason: You have fallen of backs.
Solution: Position your body to 90º with respect to the ground.

04. Symptom: Your mouth is full of butts of cigarettes.
Reason: Your face have fallen on the ash tray.
Solution: Spit everything and wash your mouth with a good “gintonic”.

05. Symptom: The ground is blurred.
Reason: You are looking through an empty glass.
Solution: More of your favorite drink.

06. Symptom: The ground is moving.
Reason: You are being dragged.
Solution: At least, ask where they take to you.

07. Symptom: Multiple reflection of faces looking at you from the water.
Reason: You are in the toilet, trying to puke.
Solution: Insert your fingers (in the throat).

08. Symptom: You hear that people speak producing a mysterious echo.
Reason: You have the glass in the ear.
Solution: Sptop acting like a clown.

09. Symptom: The disco moves too much, people dress white and music is very repetitive.
Reason: You are in an ambulance.
Solution: Not to move. Possible etilic coma or alcoholic congestion.

10. Symptom: Your father is very rare and all your brothers watch you with curiosity.
Reason: You are in the wrong house.
Solution: Question them if they can indicate you where it is yours.

11. Symptom: An enormous disco light blinds you.
Reason: You are thrown in the street and it's already daylight.
Solution: Coffee and a good nap.

Omg, I think I just found my favourite thread!

I love a drink but I rarely get hammered. Drinking in the sun while having a bbq with your mates and music is my idea of heaven. It's just perfect.

My fav drinks are Magners Irish Cider freezing cold with plenty of ice. Vodka, lime & lemonade which is simply gorgeous. Or just a plain old pint of lager. Can't beat Carling or Fosters. Makes me burp though lol. I lurve a Baileys when i'm relaxing too. With ice, loverly jubberly. I'm prone to liking cocktails aswel, Cosmopolitans, Sex on the Beach & Woo Woos lol. :cool:

Wheres the most random place anyones woke up after a night out?! I've got a good 'un. We were on holiday in Gran Caneria in 2005, first night we had a free bar for an hour and took advantage by standing at the bar and downing Sex on the Beach and refilling. Nasty. Anyway, we got back to the hotel (somehow lol) and we piled in my mates room, anyway, I ended up in the bathroom. *hours later* I woke up with my head against the bath. Very sore but funny as when I look back.

19ams87 said:

I love a drink but I rarely get hammered. Drinking in the sun while having a bbq with your mates and music is my idea of heaven. It's just perfect.

My fav drinks are Magners Irish Cider freezing cold with plenty of ice. Vodka, lime & lemonade which is simply gorgeous. Or just a plain old pint of lager. Can't beat Carling or Fosters. Makes me burp though lol. I lurve a Baileys when i'm relaxing too. With ice, loverly jubberly. I'm prone to liking cocktails aswel, Cosmopolitans, Sex on the Beach & Woo Woos lol. :cool:

Wheres the most random place anyones woke up after a night out?! I've got a good 'un. We were on holiday in Gran Caneria in 2005, first night we had a free bar for an hour and took advantage by standing at the bar and downing Sex on the Beach and refilling. Nasty. Anyway, we got back to the hotel (somehow lol) and we piled in my mates room, anyway, I ended up in the bathroom. *hours later* I woke up with my head against the bath. Very sore but funny as when I look back.

Nothing beats a nice ice cold Magners(although we call it Bulmers in Ireland). In my hometown there is a pub just on the quay, and they have seats outside...perfect drink out there in the summer!

A big fan of Baileys myself...It's lovely with milk!

19ams87 said:

i knew you'd love this thread ams!!!! :D

drinking in the sun def of my favourite things in the world. i can't describe how much i love it!

the most random place i've woken up is after my uni mates had come to stop at my house for the weekend and awoke basically where i fell which was at my front door! :lol:

Actually I've always managed to wake up in my own bed^^ ok besides last time when we celebrated Walpurgis night and I got sooo tired but my mates didn't want to go yet, so my b/f put a blanket onto the ground near to the fire (well, there was no fire anymore, only ashes), gave me his pullover and another blanket and I finally fell asleep till they woke me up at 5.30am. It was already daylight again, and there was this strange fog all over the place, melting with the smoke from the fireplaces, that was so awesome!
Well a few weeks ago I managed to climb into my bed - but not alone *lol* but it was only my b/f and nothin happened, I'd remember that ;) he wasn't quite able to get to his own hotel room... (hm it was next to mine actually... but when you're drunk that's far too distant^^)

i knew you'd love this thread ams!!!!

You know I was gonna mention that i'd found this thread to ya! I got well excited when I found it. CSI & Drinking, two of my fave things. Just preparing my liver for uni. *talks to liver* we gonna have a good time ain't we baby?!

Drinking in the sun is my idea of heaven. Get the tunes on, get your mates around, whack the bbq on and slam the beer out! Ain't nothin' better IMO.

I'm going to the V Festival in August and i'm planning on obtaining a coupla crates of Magners to see me through. So very excited. poppylvsgriss is goin too, what you taking?

Baileys with milk? Never heard that before, sounds nice. You have it with ice? Loverly with ice.

I usually remember how I get home but that free bar was lethal. After we'd done the initial bar, we paid an extra 10 euros to get it free at the next bar too. Good times, good times ;)

i most certainly am going to V! woot woot! bring it on! dunno what i'm taking. all i know its going to be some kind of alcoholic beverage!

baileys with milk sounds gorgeous bythe way! may have to partake in some of that methinks! :D

poppylvsgriss said:
i most certainly am going to V! woot woot! bring it on! dunno what i'm taking. all i know its going to be some kind of alcoholic beverage!

baileys with milk sounds gorgeous bythe way! may have to partake in some of that methinks! :D

It is lovely! Sometimes as nice as it is, I find that it's just a bit too 'heavy'. The milk lightens it a little bit and it tastes gorg!

My mother let me have my first drink (with her) when I was 14. of course, one lead to two and so on and so forth.

I'm only 15, so of course when I drink(not often at all), I drink whatever I can get my hands on. AKA the cheapest stuff in the store. Usually Skol vodka, or beer just because they're both super cheap.

I like mixing like a fruitty drink with vodka. It's the best.

as long as i can remember ive been eating the olives out of my dads martinis. we called them 'marinated' :lol: but when was i actually allowed a sip? i dont remember, young i think. there was never a lot of alcohol in my house growing up. dad had his martini stuff, wine for mom, and whiskey for when grandma came over. it was never around and i never wanted it. so while my other friends were getting loaded at 16 when their parents were away i was happy with my pop, i never wanted alcohol.

last night on global news they had some guidelines for drinking that groups (like maad etc.) wanted to introduce. they suggest women should not have more than 7 drinks a week and men no more than 14, as well as a 2 drink per day minimum. they also wanted the drinking age to be 19 everywhere in canada (i think only quebec has 18 now) and that drivers who are 21 and younger should not have any alcohol in their system if they are going to drive. thought they were some good suggestions, especially since alcohol is so easy to abuse.

We have this "alcohol discussion" in Germany, too. It has become a real problem among young people, very often you can read about teenagers with alcohol toxication (is that right?) in the newspapers. And I mean really young kids, like 14, 15, 16 years old. Some time ago this year a 16yr old boy died due to that. He had drunk 50 (!) tequila shots and was in coma for some weeks, until they finally turned off the machines... That's really bad. I like drinking, I don't deny it, but somehow I feel like when I was young it wasn't that bad. The kids start drinking earlier and earlier, maybe trying to be cool, without seeing that it could ruin their lives! I'm totally fine with an alcohol permission at the age of 18, and drinking beer with 16, but what the hell is it that makes those kids wanna drink hard stuff when they're only 14? Where's this leading to? Sometimes I really wonder what's going on...

I like mixing like a fruitty drink with vodka. It's the best.

Try vodka, lime & lemonade. Or Blackcurrent & lemonade. Vimpto works especially well too.

but what the hell is it that makes those kids wanna drink hard stuff when they're only 14?

In no way shape or form am i trying to justify this but theres just nothing else to do! It's pretty sad but it's true. I think it's just the mystery of it to be honest as well, its on the news a lot and on tv and it influences people. I can't say anythin, i've been drinking since I was 14 too. Not crazy amounts when I was that young though.

I started drinking when I was 14. I know it's wrong, but I don't know, it's something to do. Well when I was 14, I wanted to drink the hard stuff because I didn't like the taste of beer and I could just mix it with stuff or take it straight. I only drink with a handful of friends though, I don't like going to parties, getting loaded, and sleeping in some random persons bed. I'm definatly safe about it and know my limits.

Back