Dourdan Says Goodbye

From Ausiello TvGuide.

An insider at the show insists that Gary Dourdan and CSI execs "mutually agreed" to part ways for "creative reasons." However, a CBS mole claims the 41-year-old actor was essentially fired, adding that producers are trying to be "as supportive and protective" of him as possible by portraying the departure as mutual. That same mole wasn't willing to share the specific reason for Dourdan's ouster, except to say that it involves an "ongoing problem personal to Dourdan."

That doesn't exactly narrow it down. In 2005, Dourdan pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery and was ordered to stay away from then-girlfriend Anne Greene and attend domestic-violence counseling. And last July, a video of him allegedly attacking a TMZ photographer made the rounds on the Web.

Meanwhile, CBS still won't officially "confirm or deny" that Dourdan is on his way out, even as a search for his replacement is underway. Repeated calls to the goodbye guy's camp went unreturned.

^-^ I really hope that Gary wasn't fired. It just makes him leaving seem even more sad. I personally would rather see him leave the show on his own terms than see him get kicked off the show. Just my humble opinion, though.
And who really knows with Ausiello... I've heard he can be extremely unreliable, but maybe this time he's right on the money. >.<

i think this might be true...at least partially. He hasn't really done any interviews like Jorja did...she made it clear why she was leaving and that it was her own choice. Plus with the stuff about his personal life coming out, sounds like something was going on behind the scenes. I don't think it was tptb choice to reduce his screen time...

With those rumors you never know if they're true until the person itself tells you what's going on. I never trust rumors. I would hate to see Gary leave though, just like we saw Jorja leave. But with or without Gary on the show, CSI will still be great. It has that strenght :thumbsup:

From the TvGuide:

CSI star busted on coke, smack and E charges.

CSI star Gary Dourdan on Monday morning was busted in Palm Springs on suspicion of possessing heroin, cocaine, ecstasy and prescription drugs.
TMZ reports that the actor was asleep in his car when law enforcement officials approached his car at 5:21 am/PT, and subsequently made the bust.

As first reported by Ausiello, Dourdan and the CBS procedural recently agreed to "mutually" part ways, though new intel suggested that an "ongoing problem personal to Dourdan" played a role in his perhaps not-so-voluntary ouster. CSI's May 15 season finale could well be Dourdan's final appearance as Warrick. — MWM

Back