Dourdan Says Goodbye

I definitely disagree with those people. The fact that has been doing lots of other things suggests that he is in demand and must be doing something right. Given the right storyline he could have undoubtedly carried it in my opinion.
this is one argument that somebody i talked to recently had a great answer to: a good actor should carry any storyline on a show like CSI, and even if its lacking, should be able to make it good through his acting.

but i don't think he is a bad actor, he's just not extraordinary.

you had a great point though, that there is a demand for him in some places, and that means he's gotta be doing something right. i really like Warrick as a character, and i will miss him but its not like i keep thinking much about it.

anyway, i had a thought that it would be pretty cool if we got some kind of reunion of all those characters that quit along the way with everybody in the end of the series. so it would be a good idea to actually not kill him off but get him fired or make him transfer to another city or something along those lines.

PiperGrissom on GSR thread had a great idea today. she said that Sara came to LV b/c of Warrick and it would be interesting to see her coming back again, also b/c of him. if TPTB went for that, it would show some great continuity.

on the other hand many people agree that he is not good enough of an actor to carry an episode or a complex storyline, like jorja for example. maybe that is another reason he just didn't get them, and was mainly the guy who picks up evidence *shrug*

I definitely disagree with those people. The fact that has been doing lots of other things suggests that he is in demand and must be doing something right. Given the right storyline he could have undoubtedly carried it in my opinion. :)

GD has been given juicier cases/episodes on a couple of occasions and done just fine...Ellie and Random Acts of Violence.

I am not yet confident that this is possible. Not my Warrick, much less my Yo! Bling Can be finished.
And the visa, in the series. Will come out one at a time.
I will not cope with it. But at least I have my consolation: Catherine.:(:(:(

I was totally shocked because a few months back on the TV Guide channel him and George were laughing and saying "they were in it for the long haul" and I was happy and smiling because that's right after Jorja took her hiautis:( I love him and the character he portrays, a deep, brooding intense man, but with such a good heart and so sweet and so good with children, as well as handsome and sexy! what a loss! so something has transpired that we don't know about, :confused:and I was so worried that Mr. Grissom/Billy was the one we'd lose, not Gary:scream: who knows maybe he'll change his mind, stranger things have happened!

Last edited:
I hope Gary made some good investments and saved his pennies. It's a hard life outside of a regular TV series. He's a very good actor and I'm sure he'll land some movies, but there's nothing like a steady paycheck.

I wish the producers and writers wouldn't be so quick to hire another actor to take Gary's place. I can't understand why they don't just beef up George and Eric's characters, and give them more screentime. I'd be perfectly happy to see them in larger roles, as well as Brass and Grissom, as long as their screentime was evenly divided.

Good luck to Gary. I hope he has a lot of success in the acting world.

Last edited:
^ ROFLMAO. Good one!

I think CSI is stuck and needs some change...something new and refreshing (apart from the old team dynamic and the original focus on the forensics, of course). Not necessarily new characters, though. But um, I think one of those articles mentioned that they had already put a casting call for a new character to replace Warrick. As much as I'm liking the post-strike CSI so far, if they can't keep improving the writing, any new character would be just another waste IMO.

I wish the producers and writers wouldn't be so quick to hire another actor to take Gary's place. I can't understand why they don't just beef up George and Eric's characters, and give them more screentime. I'd be perfectly happy to see them in larger roles, as well as Brass and Grissom, as long as their screentime was evenly divided.

Word.

We don't really need any more members added. They've got cast bloat as it is. This is a good opportunity to expand upon the people who are already there and give them more character development and meatier roles.

Just sayin....

Am i suprised that Gary is leaving??

No not really, the reason why I say that is well because well how often has Warrick actuarly been on the show?

Apart from a few words here or there?

Not suprised really, because the character of Warrick, whilst he is good eye candy, the character for me, really is the weakest member.

Remember folks everyone has their own views etc.

Yeah i agree with one poster, lets hope that Gary has invested his money wisely, theres not many actors who can say they earn quite so much for a tv show.

He probably wants to do more films, good luck to him.

Toots i so agree with you on expanding Greg and Nick's role.

How many times have we seen Eric say have one line????? I mean granted this season has been exceptional....

No, i think that they should keep the ones that they've got, and wendy wants to be CSI... Lets see her try and maybe even fail.

Word.

We don't really need any more members added. They've got cast bloat as it is. This is a good opportunity to expand upon the people who are already there and give them more character development and meatier roles.

Just sayin....

Yeah, and you don't see half the actors sometimes... And they always but the scenes with the lab techs short when they could beef up those characters like they did Greg's. That was why we loved him. Besides episodes like Lab Rats or the other one with mostly the Lab Techs...

I think they need to improve it somehow. It's still CSI and it's still good but just another new actor ain't gonna help no one.

I'm not completey suprised that Gary is choosing to leave, but at the same time it's going to be interesting. Already looking for someone to replace him...come on there are so many cast memebers as it is they hardly get the screen time/respect that they deserve.

Though Warrick hasn't been featured much this season when he was, especially in S1 and S2 he carried it very well. The wire tapping of the judge ep is the one that sticks out most in my mind. Warrick knew what he wanted to do and didn't stop until justice prevailed.

Also let's not compare Jorja's exit to Gary's because they are two completely different situations. Jorja left because she wanted time away. Gary is leaving because he has obviously been doing other projects and more than likely has found something that will take up more time and he won't be able to do both.

As long as Gary is happy with what he is doing, and they don't kill Warrick off, he might show up in the future. :)

They're probably bringing in a new character because of the fact that, without Warrick, the only non-white person (regular or recurring) is Archie (that I can think of, correct me if I'm wrong)--'Ray Santoro' sounds like they might be going for a Hispanic character, perhaps?...

If I were making a guess, I'd say they're replacing the character because the rest of the original cast won't be around forever and phasing in new characters while there are still original ones is the only hope they have to make the transition smooth. Diversifying the cast is probably a secondary consideration.

I'm going to miss Warrick's character. I always hoped to see more out of him. He got a lot of great starts, but not much by way of follow-up. Earlier in the season, I thought we might get to see him be a dad (phone conversation w/ Tina-- his accusations made me think of the last time we heard him accusing her of being with someone else on screen). I really would have liked to see him as a divorced dad who wasn't even confident the kid was his until DNA proved it, and paying child support and trying to balance work and parenthood. It would have been a nice contrast to Catherine's single mom role.

I'm hoping he goes out with some style. The part of me that likes the character would prefer to see him left intact, but the part that likes a good story would love to see his risk-taking catch up with him in a way that leads to being fired or arrested. (Arrested with his friends finding the evidence to convict him; and not offing himself.)

From Ausiello TvGuide.

An insider at the show insists that Gary Dourdan and CSI execs "mutually agreed" to part ways for "creative reasons." However, a CBS mole claims the 41-year-old actor was essentially fired, adding that producers are trying to be "as supportive and protective" of him as possible by portraying the departure as mutual. That same mole wasn't willing to share the specific reason for Dourdan's ouster, except to say that it involves an "ongoing problem personal to Dourdan."

That doesn't exactly narrow it down. In 2005, Dourdan pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery and was ordered to stay away from then-girlfriend Anne Greene and attend domestic-violence counseling. And last July, a video of him allegedly attacking a TMZ photographer made the rounds on the Web.

Meanwhile, CBS still won't officially "confirm or deny" that Dourdan is on his way out, even as a search for his replacement is underway. Repeated calls to the goodbye guy's camp went unreturned.

oh wow. i have mixed feelings towards these news, if they happen to be true.

if he actually got fired, then it means it wasn't a nice situation for neither of the parties, and i'm sorry it had to happen this way.

on the other hand, i'm kind of glad that is wasn't actor's personal choice to move on and follow Jorja's lead to quit.

but it could all be a nasty rumour FWIW.

Back