does anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
whenever anything comes on the TV with a warning like that everyone at my stops what they're doing to watch :lol:
seriously, though that warning makes me want to see even more.... kind of like the accident on side of the road everyone must stop and look. :rolleyes:

if viewers really have discrection, then why do daytime soaps exist

Thats the thing with viewer discrection they don't really have to put it up during times when kids are either in school or in bed. But here is the catch 22 of it all bed times don't alway start at 8-9pm some go to 10-11 or so on. School isn't always in session (ie snow days, or Vacations) Not to mention a kid home sick.

So really I appauld those who do use that warning, it protects them and anyone with kids, hey its up there and sometimes its said out loud for an extra measure so it can not come back on them, if you didn't see the warning and you were watching the show to then you should have seen what it was about. At least thats my opinion on it.

Yeah, on living TV a man/woman's voice usually comes on just before CSI starts and gives a warning of disturbing scenes...an I love it! :D :lol:

Yeah, I always go "oh goodie" but I agree with Destiny that it is good they say it as my kids stay up later at weekends and if they are in the room I can tell them to scat, although I dont let them watch CSI as they are a bit too young and dont really need to see all that death yet.

Haha - for me it's a man's voice, and it's anything but sexy. :lol: But I like it too, it gets you pumped up for the episode.

I think on CTV it's a man's voice. But erm, yeah I get excited. :lol: I love gorey movies and horror films. I don't know why, it just interests me. Glad I'm not the only one. :lol:

mmm viewer discretion is advised. i love those words! here in cali i only see like the MA, SVL etc etc. if there's nudity or something waaaay over the top greusom i think ive seen the warning a couple times. . .

I do, csimonkey :D Everyone in my family leans back in their seats, while I lean forward :lol: Even more so when Sofia or Grissom are on, but yeah.... :lol:

Those warnings never appear before CSI here. Nobody says it and it does not appear in the screen, either.

I find funny when we get the warning for cartoons like family guy, though it does give my mom a chance to kick out the younger ones.

of course if my older brother sees it he runs off... guess not everyone has that strong a stomach :lol:

I have sky+, and never watch anything live anymore, and so I always fast forward through the commercials, etc. :lol: Next time though I will listen out for it :lol: Does it do it on Five? On another note, don't you just love how Five has just taken over every programme on the tv :lol: It's always on at better times, and they get it earlier as well. [/off topic]
So I gather it's America that has as text? Is it like at the cimema?

five does do it yeah but it's only just before the show starts, not during the adverts. and it only says it for particular epsiodes if they are gonna be worse than usual.

I've never heard or seen any kind of warnings before CSI comes on. I've seen it on other shows a lot though. It's not like it's really going to work anyway. If you see something that says "may contain disturbing scenes" are you going to flip the channel? No, you're going to watch and see what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back