Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Calihan, Apr 10, 2008.

?

Do you believe in God and how do you live?

1. I don't believe in God at all.

35.2%
  2. I believe in God and live relgiously.

20.4%
  3. I believe in God, don't live religiously but still ama good person.

44.4%
  1. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

2. TogoFTW

TogoFTW Dead on Arrival

I do believe in God..
    I dunno why but since I was a little kid everybody taught me bout that and I just believe. I've never questioned about it even once. just believe in Him. someone once said to me that we don't need to prove the Bible, but all we have to do is believe in it and live it. and I do so.
    And of course I live religiously. I'm one of the youth activist in my parish. In fact, the youths have interesting activities like camps, outings, art festival, etc. I don't find any reason why some people call it boring.
    And I'm quite tolerant so it's okay if some of u guys don't have the same viewpoints like mine. Even in the Bible there is a story about the good Samaritan ;) so what's the prob? as long as we can overcome our differences and make peace, everything will be OK ;)

3. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

Hmm... Interesting thread.

Yes, ladies & gentleman. The answer is Yes, I am Christian & I do believe in God! Religious?! I don't know what that should mean? Yes, I do pray when I need to. Yes, I do read scriptures when I feel like it. And yes, I do go to church.

But my question is, what does all of this matter if I went around thinking that if I pray or read the Bible or go to church etc. I'll get an easy comfortable life!

The problem with Christianity is that, it's difficult! There's so much more to love & forgiveness that sometimes I need to remind myself that I'm the kid who's learning to surrender when I can no longer control the things around me.

I simply don't have the strength to disbelieve there isn't no God. It would take, for me, a greater amount of faith to believe that there is no God, then to believe that there is a God!

Ok enough preaching, you heard my story. I will gladly listen to yours! ;)

4. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

I'd like to believe in God, but currently I don't believe in Him/Her at all.

5. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

The Invisible Man floatin' around the sky? I do believe in the Spaghetti Monster. :D

6. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Naturally, I didn't see all the post here, but from what I can tell--- Everyone is being so mature and respecting everyone. That's great to see on such a topic!

I do believe in God... strongly, BUT I believe 'religion' will send you straight to hell. You reed your Bible, and you believe what's right in your heart--- don't listen to someone yanking you twelve different ways to Sunday. Your own heart has to guide you, and that's all their is to it.

So interesting to read over different beliefs and know everyone can remain strong in their own. Wow. Impressive! :)

7. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I believe whatever makes the most sense to me, I believe whatever applies to me ,when it applies to me and what I believe can be different to what someone else believes.
    So really, what one believes can be different to what the person sitting next to them believes,it's just a matter of what applies to the person , when it applies to the person. :)

8. gab94bee

gab94bee Victim

I voted for the third option. I believe that there's a higher being [I guess you can call that God?] but I don't practice a certain religion nor do I pray. I was raised a Roman Catholic but I'm just not into that stuff. If my family ever found out though, they'd disown me. especially my dad's side of the family.

9. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

I belive in God but I don't belive everything in the bible, some of the things in the bible I don't belive are true at all.

10. LtKitty

LtKitty Pathologist

Proud atheist.

11. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I believe in God, but I don't go to church. I went when I was younger but just lost interest in going. To me, you can be religious without going to church etc.

Interesting I came across this article/letter to the editor that really got under my skin about religion:

It's time to stomp out atheists in America. The majority of Americans would love to see atheists kicked out of America. If you don't believe in God, then get out of this country. The united states is based on having freedom of religion, speech, etc, which means you can believe in God any way you want (Baptist Catholic, Methodist, etc.), but you must believe. I don't recall freedom of religion meaning no religion. our currency even says "in God we trust." So, to all the atheists in America: Get off of our country. Atheists have caused the run of this great nation by taking prayer out of our schools and being able to practice what can only be called evil. I don't care if they have never committed a crime, atheists are the reason crime is rampant."

:wtf: ... right and the reason they have taken prayer out of school is because children in school are all different religions and it would be hard to let them practice all the religions seeing as many of their prayers are at different times. I mean this isn't the old days where everyone was Christian in America (which is the only religions they listed, forms of Christianity) this person also comes over as racist to me since they didn't mention Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism etc, religions that are just as prominent in America as Christianity.

I know this person has a freedom of speech, but still ....

12. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

That's messed up, the person is really dumb IMO I mean America is free which means you can believe whatever you want to believe. Not what religion to believe.

And prayer is for catholic schools.

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

WTF? :wtf: I agree with hotspot, that person is "dumb"... Wow.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah that letter really is pretty dumb - but then it was less than 20 years ago that george bush snr was waffling on (and publicly!) about how atheists have no right to live in america, so it's no real surprise. which is pretty sad.

15. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Speaking of religion in United States, how come that atheists usually are openminded and accept the ones who believe in God and any kid of religion. while all who are religious detest atheists? I am just curious as I am no american, nor live there. But I have been told so much about the situation there. And it is pretty similar to the article Teddy Bear Dr posted