Dislike A Miami Character?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 28, 2010.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I'd like to ask that issues from other websites/boards not be brought here as it can create board wars which we want to deter. Also, it might be best to avoid terms such as 'haters', 'little girls' etc. as well. Cooperation in the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

2. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

You're right. And I apologize for that. I'll stick to the thread's subject. :)

3. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I am really trying hard to like Walter but am struggling. He acts like a lady's man, a know-it-all, gossip, and seems to be very good at dishing out jokes at the expense of others but can't take it in return. I am also irritated by the way Horatio addresses him as "Walter" in every other sentence because it comes across as condescending. I know the characters are evolving and so am hopeful the writers can make him more likeable.

4. roulietta

roulietta Hit and Run

I agree with you Theresa, I don't like Walter !
    He's a mister know-it-all and I don't know, I don't find him funny.
    I think that he does'nt have any chemistry with the others members of the team (maybe except Ryan)

5. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I'm stunned by what I've read in this thread.. why would you create a thread to fuel such hate in a forum? :eek:

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'm kind of surprised that you fell in this way since I consider this to be one of the most respectful trheads regarding CSI:Miami I've seen lately....but, trust me, I understand where you come from ;)

Anyway, I don't think I've posted before and yep maybe it's time for me to express my opinion.

If you really asked me who I "hate" from this show, I would say w/ no doubts TPTB as, to me, they're the major responsibles for the "desaster" (yep that how I feel Miami has become lately) that we keep watching ever since Eric's shooting 'cause, yes, that is to me when the jump of the shark had actually occoured.

Considering the characters well two character I would certainly the loss must be Eric and Calleigh.....

- Eric has never convinced me as a character. Ok he was hot ('cause I can't find anything sexy in "constantly whining Eric Delko) and he was smart. But when he had sexual problems like the whole toothing hoplĂ  (as much they focused on it as his way to grieve Tim's death, I find it repulsive :rolleyes:) I started to dislike him, really. But then Marisol and her cancer arrived. I swear......I really thought Eric Delko had definitely changed and finally matured. I guess I was wrong, brutally wrong considerin what they did in mid season 5 by shooting him in the head :rolleyes:
    I won't go on explaining why I truely dislike the guy as I think that, at this point, it's quite clear the main reason why I've come to dislike him :p

-Calleigh.....up until mid s6 she was my fav. character of all the 3 CSIs, but thanks to TPTB and some other reasons (whcih I'm not going to further explain) I've come to the point I wish she would leave the show, possibely in a body bag :shifty:
    TPTB just destroyed her character and I don't think there's any way for her to get back to how she truely was before the whole romance storyline....they've gone too far to actually fix the whole thing.

With the two of them gone everyone else would have much more storylines to deal with and I would be one of the happiest fans ever of the show ;)

7. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  8. thetalkativeone

thetalkativeone Victim

I completely agree with you. I just don't think Walter fits well into the team. I thought Cardoza was a better fit than he is.

He annoys me every time he pops up in an episode!

9. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

I can't stand Delko, he's too boring and pathetic to me.

10. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Hell, even Delko was a pig to Speedle, calling him Herb Ritz about whatever the heck was bothering him that day. How professional. I cringe at his comeback, especially when his interrogation tactics are questionable and I can't count how many times someone has a threatening situation or dies while Delko interrogates him/her. And why is he even questioning the crazy lady, who was stalking his sister, thinking it was Eric's wife? Conflict of interest, anyone? One of many reasons why MDPD needs an IA, even though I don't really miss Stetler.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  11. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Don't think I really dislike any of the Miami characters, the main ones, anyway. I DO however dislike what the writers are doing to them (but I've posted a lot on other threads about that).

It's a difficult question, you know. First, you have to separate character from actor (which ought to be easy, but isn't, I find). Then, you consider the relationship between character and writer. You might like a character as originally created, but dislike him once a different writer has got hold of him. Or vice versa.

Don't know, perhaps I'm analysing too much today!