Dislike A Miami Character?

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 28, 2010.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yep, you guessed it. This is a 'dislike' thread. ;) Only difference is, this one will be geared toward any and every character to ever grace CSI:Miami. FieldMouse and I feel this is an acceptable compromise after reviewing the latest grievances around the forum.

Hopefully in starting this thread, it'll create a central place for those who might dislike a certain aspect of a character to discuss freely without having to disturb other threads or create 10 000 more of the same.

Both sides are welcome to take part. But before we start, here are a few things to keep in mind:

-Everyone's opinions are to be respected. Let's not make things personal.

-Constructive criticism of a fictional character does not constitute 'bashing'. As long as the views/opinions are backed up, there shouldn't be an issue.

-This isn't a place to rant about the actors. Let's try and keep this thread about the characters.

-If you know you're going to have a problem with the thread or something being posted here, it's best not to visit the thread. It'll only serve to give you and everyone else a headache.

-As always, if one feels the rules aren't being followed, send us a NotifyMod/Report ([​IMG]) e-mail and we'll review it.

-------------------------------------------

So let's get started!

Which character do you dislike and why? Has he/she become detrimental to the show? Can this character ever be repaired or become acceptable down the road? Let us know.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Horatio because of his posing and delivering the one-liners.Also I don't like the fact every time there is a child in an episode he is the man that has to talk to it.What the other characters are antisocial or something?I know that Caruso is good in those scenes but the actors can do it as well.

3. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I kinda sorry this thread has gone non-specific from Horatio to all CSI: Miami characters!

Horatio's character just creates such annoyance if he gets to you (and he does me), I find it hard to imagine any other character getting much of a look in! :devil::devil:

I have agreed with so much of what was said on the orginal "Why We Dislike Horatio Caine" thread - I feel liberated to find I'm not alone in csifiles-world anymore!!! ;)

I haven't kept up with miami, just watch it if I catch it, since the first few seasons as I found this character was dominating the show, over shadowing the plot and intruding on the believability of the drama.

H was alright at first. Just. :D

4. electra

electra Pathologist

Well,the problem is that I would probably have to read tons of comments to find the ones that I care.I definely do not dislike anyone that much.

Since the thread is closed,I have to say to GNRF that I was talking about both episodes(Rio and "To kill a predator").I want to see what all of fuzz is all about .Thanks as usual.:thumbsup:

5. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

Calleigh Duquesne 2010. What a strange progression from the Calleigh of 2002-2005. No other character has veered so far from the original persona as Calleigh.

Horatio was headed that way, but has righted his course gradually over the past 2 years, though obviously older and at times jaded.

Eric's character changes seem reasonable given his health issues, whether we like them or not.

There's no explanation given for that cute and bright, spirited and feisty, ethical and loyal ballistics expert of earlier seasons to turn into a self-serving, self-indulgent, rather melancholy, distrustful, solitary csi with little team loyalty save one. Worse, all indications are that tptb are content with where the character is going and intend to proceed on this same course.

Given this mostly unpopular transformation, what will season 9 bring us? More of the same? That would be a real shame. The earlier Calleigh was such a delight to watch. The 2010 model is painful.

6. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

i dislike Calleigh from the very beginning and till the end.
    also i dislike Eric since season 3.
    and at certain points even Horatio.

7. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

Calleigh in the beginning seasons was great, but Eric got on my nerves after season 4. Sorry, as much as I think Eric/Adam is cute, the character Eric Delko just isn't the best to me any more. I'm sort of neutral at this point, but I have to admit, he is a mature man now. I just wish I could rewrite everything after season 2, because they all were so much more dynamic in the beginning.

8. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I think that all the characters have changed in a bad way since the start of the show(I'm talking about Horatio,Calleigh,Delko and unfortunately my favorite Ryan who became a jerk this season with his attitude).:(

9. alexa

alexa Witness

indeed!

like you say "Calleigh 2010" to me she is dead!that thing... not even worth any commenting! but I'll comment Calleigh 2006(+ -) 2009.

My friends, even my boyfriend (who does not watch csi:m regularly) say this change is normal because of all the drama they put her (like has been kidnapped, shoot on her-almost-boyfriend-or-just-lover blah blah bla and he almost die and blah blah blha)
    Are they seriously???? really???that scares me! To me these are excuses! I think she should be, exactly, the opposite of what she is now ...for a "person" who went through all this drama.

I started to dislike her when she became a self-serving egoist who only cares about her! And her friendship with Ryan simply disappeared...PUFF!:wtf::wtf: disappeared when the writers decided to write a romance between her and Eric. And that has affected the dynamics between the team as family as friends. This also applies to the character Eric...he pratically only speaks with Horatio:wtf::wtf::wtf:.
    The dynamics between all the team disappeared. and that to me is why I do not like how they developed characters like Calleigh and Eric. And why I cant stand this Calleigh who only cares about herself pleasure.

10. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I agree, I miss old school Calleigh, she at least still had integrity. Calleigh 2010 isn't anywhere near as cool as she used to be. So sad, b/c she USED to be one of my favorite female tv characters.

Dr. Tara Price: Glad she didn't last. Even before she started using/stealing drugs, she seemed so scattered. :shifty: I've got too much love for Alexx Woods, I guess, though I am loving Dr. Tom.

Marisol: TPTB didn't come close to doing her justice. Instead of making her a strong, intelligent woman battling a horrible disease, they made her very whiny, needy and clingy, IMO. She was very difficult to watch. :rolleyes:

11. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:guffaw::guffaw: A perfect match, though, as sister to the Eric we've seen in the last few years - whiny, needy and clingy.

12. Court

Court Prime Suspect

:lol:You make a good point. I never gave credence to those being family traits.

13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I am not a fan of Horatio. In fact, I stopped watching CSIM in season 5 because I really couldn't stand his oneliners, they were unintentionally funny and there was too much of him. Strange, as he was my favourite character when I first started watching and I didn't like Calleigh then. Now it's the other way round...
    Now Horatio doesn't bother me that much. In fact, I can watch CSIM and sort of filter out scenes with him. Apart from his role as Horatio I think he is a good actor, I saw some movies with him and he definitely can act.
    I am not a fan of Jesse. As I said before somewhere else, I was watching for a short while Sunset Beach, the most ridiculous show on earth, and that's why he doesn't seem such a great actor, but he doesn't bother me in the CSIM. I accept him barely, but that's it.

14. katpin31791

katpin31791 CSI Level Three

Horatio-mainly cause of his one liners plus he thinks he's above the law(ex:Rio)
    Eric- he thinks he's above the law(ex:Rio)
    Ryan-he thinks he's better than any of them......

I may not watch the show when new season begins...It's lost it's shine since the 3rd season...Only thing good in the 4th season was the miami/ny crossover......

15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Hmmmm, trying to think of someone I hate but I like everyone....even Stetler:lol:. My favorite characters are Calleigh and Eric... but that's not because of EC, they're just so cool.