Danny/Adam: RoMe--Even Irish Boys Love Italian

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Well, hello there, everyone. ;) It seems I'm not the only person who likes the idea of Danny/Adam, so I thought I'd open up a thread for them here in SC. :D

[​IMG]

I'm intrigued by the idea of these two, and I think they have awesome interaction on the show. When Adam's around, you know the scene will be a good one, and there's something about Danny and Adam together that just works. :D

I'm also interested in writing fanfiction for them. I've actually already written one fic for this pairing, but I can't link to it directly since the rating is higher than PG-13 (it's called "Rough," if you're interested, though, and you can get to it through my LJ or ff.net links in my signature :)). I actually wrote it before the third season started, but I didn't post it until last month. However, I think Adam might be a bit OOC, so...

Anyway, one of my main reasons for wanting a thread for these two here in SC is so that I can discuss the characters (particularly Adam) with other fans. ;) I'd like to explore how the two of them interact (during work and afterwards ;)), and really get a feel for how to write Adam's character. I know that, if I want to do this, there are probably other people who do as well. :lol:

So, here's a place to discuss Danny/Adam (the name RoMe comes from a PM discussion between myself and detectdevotion ;)). What draws you to this pairing? What sort of fanfic would you like to see for them? All topics of discussion are open and more than welcome. :D

[​IMG]

So, let the fun begin. :D

RoMe--Even Irish Boys Love Italian...*cough*Sausage and Meatballs*cough* :devil:

2. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Love it Fay!

These two are so good together. They're funny and they have great chemistry. I love the jokes that they shoot back and forth to each other which is hat really makes me enjoy this ship... And they're both gorgeous.. which is a huge plus. :devil:

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Fay you're turning me into a Danny!Whore with all of these ships, you know that right?

Adam's a little hottie in his own right, and with Danny, Damn!

4. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Ah, we put adorkableness into a single thread. Me likes. Me likes plenty.

My favorite scenes between these two are the ones where Adam goes off on his lovely dork tangents and Danny not only gets them, but will, from time to time, participate. I loves them. Can you imagine what their offspring would look like? H-A-W-T.

5. Faylinn

OMG, I was just thinking of M-preg with these two, Springmoon! :lol: Ur reeding my mindz! :p I was talking to Rhonda (who has to put up with so much of my craziness) and since Danny has already had a baby (hehe, gotta love "Nine Months" :p), it's Adam's turn. Besides, can you just see Protective-Daddy!Danny? Or Adorkable-Mommy!Adam? Adam would be like 'Oh, uh, is it supposed to move like this?' *dies laughing* OMG, I have to write this! :lol:

But, uh...*cough* Yes, on to more serious things... :eek:

I love when Adam gets dorky and Danny is right there with him. :lol: You're right about that, Springmoon. ;) The two of them totally geek out about stuff all the time, even if Danny tries to avoid it. :p

Radical, you're right about them both being gorgeous. :lol:

INHC, don't even blame me for your shippiness. :p

6. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Dear God, I hope I'm not reading your mind fully now - I've seen glimpses of it and boy is it scary! :lol:

I am intrigued by your suggestion that it be Adam's "turn" to be the mama. He would so be the totally overfussy type: are they really supposed to throw up that much? What is that smell? Eww! Should it really be that color?

Danny would take it more in stride, of course.

7. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Congrats on the new thread, Fay! It's always nice to see new threads... Sorry, but can I ask you what does RoMe stand for? (I've read that you came up with it with detectivedevotion).

8. SimplyBlue

SimplyBlue Police Officer

...Ok, you know Adam was meeting Danny for a booty call in the locker room in 'And Here's to You, Mrs. Azrael.' Unfortunately Hawkes surprised them both, and Adam got all skittish and started blabbering about coffee and girls...and lord knows what else. :lol:

Though I was originally fascinated by how these two interacted on screen. You always know that whenever they’re together, their scene is bound to be gold, and I haven’t thought of one yet that has let me down. I always thought it was interesting that at first glance, these two characters seem polar opposites and wouldn’t have anything to do with one another other than the lab. Though once you get down to it, they obviously have some sort of relationship going on and get along fairly well (with their little lover tiffs here and there).

As far as fanfiction goes, I’m actually rather interested in how they ‘hooked up’ in the first place. I haven’t quite made up my mind myself, but I can totally see Adam nervously blabbering his feelings to Danny and going off in some sort of bizarre tangent until he's brought back down to Earth. :rolleyes:

But a Pregger!Adam? Lol! I can also see him being the fussy type, Springmoon. I'm sure he would have the pediatrician's number on speed dial.

And what exactly does RoMe stand for?

9. Faylinn

:devil: Our minds, they are melding into one!!1! ;)

Bwua-ha-ha-ha! :lol:

How sad is it that my mind is already coming up with a semi-plausible-but-not-really way for Adam to get pregnant? :lol:

Oh, and I've also already written a little scene for the fic...this is so wrong. :lol: Why can't I write the fics I have in line already and leave the crack!fic for later? :p

Adam Ross and Danny Messer, so: Ross/Messer. :)

Soo...let's talk about the boys, shall we?

What are some of your favorite moments on the show from these two? :)

I loved their stuff in season 2, such as when Danny suggested (in "Bad Beat") that Adam iron his slacks and Adam was like "I'll pretend I didn't hear that." :lol: I also loved in "Wasted," When Adam was going to do the computer simulation for the fungal spores and Danny made some comment about finding the spores on earth and Adam was like, "I'm a scientist without the badge, Messer, trust me." Hehehe. :lol:

I think Adam got a bit more spazzy in S3. The way he acts is a little bit more scatter-brained now, but I love it. :lol: When he offered to call all 500+ pharmacies in "People With Money"--that was hilarious. :lol: And he apparently did, because they found out who it was. :p

Adam is definitely a really thorough guy--consider the way he presented all of the evidence with the shark tooth in "Risk," the banister in "Open and Shut," etc. ;)

But, of course, I can't end the post without mentioning the cellphone sniff-and-taste from "And Here's to You, Mrs. Azrael." Oh, Adam, my darling, you're such a dork. :lol: Selling coffee in college to pick up chicks? Can you see him in the break room making the 'house blend' coffee? *rolls on the floor laughing* :lol:

Edit: Damnit, SimplyBlue, I'm reading your post now. *goes to read so I can add stuff in here about it* :lol:

Edit Again: Here goes. ;)

Ha ha! That's classic. He did say he was looking for 'them,' didn't he? Hehe, and Danny's like 'my phone drowned.' :p Sorry Danny, but the booty call is postponed until later. He probably missed Adam's "Sx n da LR, 3pm" text message. :lol:

Exactly. They're so great together. ;)

Absolutely. Initially it's like 'why would these two even talk to each other?' But then you look and you think about it and it's like, 'hmm, why wouldn't they hang out after work and maybe something a bit more...' ;)

Hehe, I can totally see that. But then how would Danny react? A very interesting take on it, I'd like to read a fic about that. ;)

Oh yeah, he'd be calling them at 3 in the morning, and Danny would wake up and be like 'th'fuck, Adam, let the guy sleep!' :lol:

*whew!* That was a good post, SimplyBlue. ;) Lots of lovely stuff to talk about. :p

10. SimplyBlue

Hehe. Well, that's what we get for trying to post at the same time. :p

Lol, maybe Adam did say he was looking for 'them.' Though that, I'm sure, could easily be covered up in that Adam noticed Hawkes and poorily tried to play it off. There, fixed. :D

But silly Danny. Drown your phone and miss an opportunity for sex in the locker room. I'm sure Adam will give him crap for it later because I mean really? How much coffee did the guy dump on himself? I know it took up nearly half his shirt (thus the absolute necessity for him to strip), but to also kill the phone? Either Danny's phone isn't all that great, or mine's one-of-a-kind in surviving beverage dumpings. :lol:

Exactly. I think if Adam invited Danny to go hang out with him on a Friday night, Danny wouldn't be expecting much. He'd probably be thinking that yeah, while Adam's entertaining at work, he would probably have to suffer through the guy's rock collection and then watch a bunch of slides on different types of fungi that could be found growing in New York. But then Adam would surprise him and end up taking him to whatever little clubs he inhabits to meet Suicide Girls at. :lol:

Well, you won't be getting the fanfic from me. I haven't done any sort of 'fanfic' writing in nearly eight years. :lol: Let alone have I ever done slash. We'll just have to eye the other folks who drop by here.

But if Adam started blabbering about his feelings, I think Danny would have a 'WTF?' moment and then tell the man to stop, breathe, and start over. I mean, yeah, now after the fact he's use to catching onto Adam's ramblings and deciphering them like nobody's business.

But Adam would be cute about the entire thing. A nervous high voice; ramblings about feelings and other random tidbits; and knocking vials over in the lab as he nervously waves his hands around.

...Ok, well, I find it cute. :lol:

But who would confront who first? I sort of implied above that it would seem like Adam made the first move, but for some reason I see Danny as more of the agressor in this particular relationship. Now it doesn't mean Adam just rolls over every time (since any guy who's daring enough to date a Suicide Girl -- let alone let her break your heart --has to have some bite in him).

*coughs* I'll have to put some more thought into this once my caffiene rush finishes through me. My mind keeps going a million directions at once.

Haha. Yeah, Danny would take the parenting gig in stride while Adam would be jumping into action at every little bump in the road.

Though he'd probably take the phone from Adam and go, "The kid still breathing?" "...Yeah." "'s there a fever?" "...Well, no, I wouldn't call it a fever." "She cryin'?" "...Not since I put her down." "Then it can wait till morning...just go to sleep."

11. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Oh, thanks Fay for clearing that up. :)

12. detectdevotion

detectdevotion Police Officer

Maybe I'll put up a fic after these MASSIVE term papers are done -- I like the idea of a first hang-out/admitting to his feelings kind of deal.

Also, I'm really happy that Fay has opened the RoMe thread! I think what I like about it is that I just want to jump right in the middle. I don't think I'd be vrey good at...well, I guess you'd have to call it watching. :lol: :devil:

Also, they really geek Adam up for the show, but AJ Buckley can be blistering hot when he wants to. Like at the Pre and Post Emmy parties. And Carmine is just blistering hot for always.

Very pretty couple, I must admit. And who says they can't adopt? :D

13. Faylinn

I'll be the filling in this man-sandwich, plz. ;) Hehe.

Ah yes, adoption is fun, but what's more fun than a cracktastic mpreg story?!?! :lol: (And yes, my brain won't just let the idea die...it's almost shameful. :p)

I like the idea of them hanging out a bit, and I can easily see either one of them admitting their feelings first...but I'm leaning toward Adam, I think. Danny would probably deny it until Adam confronted him with it (perhaps after some steamy little encounters, doncha know :devil:). Adam might be a geek, and he might get a bit nervous sometimes, but he's not really shy. :lol:

I see Adam being pretty scatter-brained and unable to concentrate on something half the time, but then he can't be like that all the time if he can be so precise and thorough with work...hmm, that's one of my main problems with knowing how to write him. ;)

Aw, you know you want to write fanfic. ;) Besides, I think slash is easier to write than het. :lol: Maybe that's just me, though. :p

Oh, definitely not, they take turns. :devil: ...*looks around* Oh, er, we weren't talking about sex? :eek: Oops.

;)

Yes, you have to! :lol: I'd love to read more of your stuff--angry!handjobs or not. ;) Hehe.

Ok, random question time. ;) Do you think either one of these two has ever been in a relationship with a guy before? I have to admit, I think it's more interesting if they haven't. And I can easily see both of them dating women (obviously, since they've mentioned it before ;)), but I think this little thing between them might be a first-time experience. Yes? ;)

14. SimplyBlue

Lmao, I know you don't think Adam is all that shy. I slipped over and snuck a peek at your old D/A fic. Holy crap, woman. :lol: All I could think was, "Adaaaaam. What are you doing? :eek:"

As you can see, unlike you, my toes have only dabbled in the gutter. :lol:

But Adam with bite was kinda hot. <.<; I know you claimed it now seems out of character, but I liked it! :lol:

Though yeah, as far as being scatter-brained, I always pictured Adam being unable to focus unless he's been given a specific task and knows what he needs to do. If not, then his mind’s running all over the place with no real destination in sight.

I doubt that made any sense, but with the precision and dedication he shows in his work -- I think that would also spread into other parts of his life. I could see easily him being the boyfriend who f*cks up and forgets he had a date because he became so wrapped up in something else. But when he realizes it and tries to fix it, he’ll be so into the task that you (or Danny *coughs*) can’t help but forgive him.

Psh. It probably wouldn’t even be really slash. It’d probably be something along the lines of the trials and tribulations Danny and Adam face while parenting (since that was one of the considered subjects). Like if it was a girl, shopping for her first bra or figuring out who’s stuck with the job of explaining to her on how a period works. (I could see Adam being all technical there with diagrams and everything; while Danny sort of just pussyfoots around the topic and sits there awkwardly trying to explain it. Then gives up and says Adam will do it.)

Lol but it’s probably just you with slash being easier to write. :p

Lol. I’m sure Adam would take his share in what goes on in the sack. He’d probably even introduce a few unconventional kinks. ;)

Obviously they’ve both dated women before lol, but I also like to think the whole ‘being with a guy’ thing is new to them. I think it leaves a lot more to speculation as to how they’ll handle the relationship and, as a guilty pleasure of mine, leave a heck of a lot more awkward situations to giggle about.

And yes, detectdevotion, you should write a fic. ;)

15. Faylinn

Hehehe, naughty boys. :devil: I don't think it was totally out of character, but it didn't take his general uber-dorkiness into account, I don't think. ;)

Just dive into the gutter, it's a lot more fun in here! :lol:

Exactly. If he doesn't have to focus, he's hopeless. :lol: Danny would probably have to leave Adam a lot of reminders about the date, and he'd still be hanging around after work, looking at his watch before finally stalking into the lab and glaring at Adam. Adam, meanwhile, would see him and kind of go 'oops' and scurry off to get rid of the lab coat. :lol:

I can see Danny getting a bit pissed at Adam and then Adam would do something like order Danny's favorite takeout and show up at Danny's apartment with that adorkable grin on his face and Danny would be like 'shit, fine, come in then.' :lol:

Bwua-ha-ha-haha! :lol: That would be classic. :p Danny would flee, Adam would flail around a bit, and then they'd eventually just call Stella. :p

(On a different note, my previous method of Adam-being-the-Mama has been trumped by anatomy, so it's back to the drawing board. :lol: I'm glad I googled. :p)

Yeah, probably. :lol:

Hehehehe, Adam can definitely be naughty. He'd probably want to 'try' stuff, and Danny would just go with the flow (after getting miffed that maybe Adam didn't think he was enough, if you know what I mean ;)).

Hehehe, very true. Awkward situations are fun when they happen to someone else. :p Adam would be awkward, and Danny would feel awkward. :lol:

I know she wrote at least one (angry!handjobs = yay! :lol:), so let's give her a lot of support to publish it and write more. ;)