CSI: NY timeslot

I think CBS should put the CM spin-off on Sunday. From what I hear Cold Case is all but cancelled so I think thats the best bet. And (esp. if its a hit) that would put a good anchor show on sunday, something CBS doesnt really have, yes the amazing race is on sunday but that doesnt run all year, so I think thats the best bet for CBS, I dont really dont think CBS will move NY, its a really really good show for wednesday.

When will we find out the new line-up?? in May??

I had no idea they were making a spin off to Criminal minds, I guess they wanted to join everyone else.
I'm sure they probabally won't take of CSI:NY, there isn't a reason to. They'll probabally put it on monday or something.
However NY is probabally the least popular, I mean it's always on at wierd times like 1 am in the morning or 2 pm. Times you may not be able to watch it.
I hope they don't take it off.

^TNT airs NY every Tuesdays and Wednesdays post-primetime. Sometimes even Mondays because I'm living in central time zone. They have Bones in primetime. It's okay if they air NY on weird times since Spike has played it countless times in marathon since 2008. In other words, TNT bought NY in second-hand while Bones in brand-new. Meanwhile on Spike, they are playing a lot of CS and less NY. Last year was more of NY and less CSI.

^Welcome! I hope you enjoy CSI: NY as much as we do! This week and ahead, Spike will be airing episodes from season 3. In my opinion, some of the best episodes are in that season. TNT is now at season 2 which is also great.

As for the popularity, I really am not expecting it to overtake CSI: and CSI: Miami. It's the youngest CSI and maybe some are satisfied with watching only one or both yhe older CSIs.

Thanks! Actually Ny is my second favorite out of the three, and at the moment my favorite.
I'll be able to catch CSI NY this week, but there will also be other shows on.

I really not going to worry about the show changing time slots unless something is announced. Often spin-offs aren't on directly after the show they were a spin-off of (although I do realize that occurred with NCIS).

If the network adds another show, something will be dropped - (M)CSI: Miami (T)NCIS, NCIS LA, The Good Wife, (W)Criminal Minds, CSI NY, (R)The Mentalist, CSI, (F)Ghost Whisper, Medium, Numb3rs.

The only CBS shows I actually watch are the CSI franchise, Two and Half Men & The Big Bang Theory - so I want those to all stay.

The CSI: NY vs. SVU showdown has begun. Ratings-wise, NY is still good but there is a noticeable drop. Placing CM2 after CM might be better ratings-wise. I hope this won't be the reason for NY to be transferred to another time slot. Well if CBS thinks NY will do good on Sundays or Tuesdays why not. If NY stays on Wednesdays, it's also fine. I just hope whatever happens, it will be for NY's good.

I hate to say it, but I think the way that SVU is chipping away at NY's demo makes it more likely that CSI: NY will change time slots next season if the CM spin-off is picked up. :/

I kind of wonder if both NY and Miami will move (and CSI, which it looks like they might swap with The Mentalist). I could see CBS moving both to Sunday to make a CSI block, while giving Hawaii Five-O and the CM spin-off their time slots, respectively. I guess Friday's a possibility, too. Neither night is great, but I think Sunday is more likely than Friday--and probably a slightly better night.

CSI: Miami is also in a little danger of losing its time slot. It's losing so much of the 18-49 rating and viewers from The Big Bang Theory although its rating is a little bit higher than NY. I just hope that if NY would change time slot, not on Fridays! Please, that day is a graveyard for TV shows. Sundays would be good. We can have a nice lead-in from Undercover Boss which is doing great.

That's why I think it could be that both of them will move, and what makes the most sense is to put them together--do a CSI block one night. CBS's schedule overall is pretty strong, though, so there's no place other than Friday or Sunday for them, really.

I also thought why CBS shouldn't try switching Miami and NY. Maybe NY can pull more ratings out of the comedy block than Miami usually does.

'CSI' evidence points to scheduling shakeup

CBS, which is once again likely to finish the season as the most-watched network on TV, will likely stick with the if-it-ain't-broke strategy to setting its schedule at next week's upfronts. The network may, however, make a couple sizable scheduling tweaks to its most recognizable franchise, "CSI."

One or more of the three "CSI" shows could potentially move to different timeslots in the fall, the result of declining ratings for the franchise and the network's desire to give some of its newer shows the prime real estate the shows occupy. According to Variety, one option would even be for CBS to hold "CSI: NY" until midseason in order to give a new series the "Criminal Minds" lead-in.

The reason for the possible moves comes down to ratings: All three "CSI" series have declined this season in both viewers and the money-making adults 18-49 demographic. The total-viewer slippage hasn't been too frightening, ranging from "CSI: NY" being basically flat (12.4 million viewers to 12.5 million last season) to "CSI" original recipe being down 9 percent (15.8 million vs. 17.4 million). But all three shows are down by 10 percent or more in the 18-49 demo, with the original show falling a whopping 28 percent (3.9 rating vs. 5.4 in 2008-09).

Since it has the biggest declines, the original "CSI" is probably the most likely candidate to move. Variety says that flipping Thursday timeslots with "The Mentalist" could be an option, as could Friday nights -- where the show began its life in 2000.

If we're playing armchair network executive at Zap2it, though, we'd do the following: Leave "CSI: Miami" where it is, because while it's suffered some opposite the surging "Castle" in the spring, it's still a solid lead-out for the network's comedy block. "NY" and "CSI" would both get new nights, with "NY" going to Fridays at 10 -- where it would likely improve on what "Numb3rs" and "Miami Medical" have done this year -- and "CSI" to Sundays at 9, where it could provide a good lead-in for either "Cold Case" (if it sticks around) or a new series.

The moves would also free up hours on Wednesday and Thursday for new dramas. On Wednesday, CBS could follow the "NCIS" pattern and put the "Criminal Minds" spinoff at 10 after its parent show, or opt for another of its new series. On Thursdays, moving "The Mentalist" to 9 could make a nice platform to launch "Hawaii Five-O" at 10, giving fans a two-hour block of CBS golden boys: "The Mentalist's" Simon Baker and "Five-O" star Alex O'Loughlin.

CBS will announce its 2010-11 schedule on Wednesday, May 19

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/05/csi-evidence-points-to-scheduling-shakeup.html

:(

Back