CSI:NY Season 7 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Solitaire, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I enjoyed the episode. Fonda's character is very compelling. The story was good.
    Looking forward to Saturdays epi.

2. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

So am i and i loved Mac and his reactions well sexy as hell :drool:

3. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

I did not enjoy episode 20 - it didn't start off well with Jo talking to Mac like he was a little kid.

Then Mac and Flack having breakfast where Mac's face liked look how I felt about the whole of season 7 and I guessed the man was stealing something from Mac when he handed the map to Mac (as I said Mac seemed to be having a bad day).

To be honest by the end of the episode I had lost the will to live, but yes it was nice to see a big star like Peter Fonda appear as a bad cop. I believe Peter's appearance will continue until the last episode of season 7 - he is probably the reason why CSI NY got the opportunity of another season.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I think Mac needs a bit of bossing around. Jo really seems to be having a big influence on Mac. But I didnt expect him to actually listen, and go.
    I thought it was sweet that Flack took him for breakfast. Although I didnt understand what was going on, before they got in to the diner and bumped into those 2 guys. Were we supposed to know who they are because I didnt have a clue what they were talking about.

5. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

I have just watched episode 22 which although a little predicatable, was quite enjoyable - good to see Mac getting a bit of action and putting some wellie in to it as well.

Good to see Peter Fonda, who is looking more like his father Henry every day, he gave a good performance.

I saw Mac, Adam, Lindsay, Danny and Flack, but no Sid - where was Sid - I missed him?

By the way I didn't think much of the shooting done by the perpretator - killed no one in the Lab, but did get Peter Fonda's character at the end, but then he was sitting in a car couldn't miss that target - although didn't kill him outright - it might be good next time to have the killer take shooting lessons.

Next week will be the last episode in the season or series as we say in the UK - I really hope I won't be disappointed as I have been with the first 18 episodes during series 7.

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Yeah, decent episode. The shooter was a particularly bad shot. And what was with that IAB woman, seemed very odd?
    I knew Fonda's character would be killed, which is a shame, because I would have liked to see him again.
    I have also been pretty disappointed with most of this series, its been rather mediocre. But I am glad it is back for another season. I have heard good things about the last epi, so looking forward to it.

7. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I enjoyed the ep and Mac was so sweet at the end with Reed and would like to see more of the bond between them get stronger and i cant wait to see the finale this weekend

8. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Missed most of the episode but just caught the end and got a little bit choked up! It felt really final (esp with the song choice) so I'm really happy to know it's back next season!

9. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

Well Season 7 has now ended here in the UK.

In my eyes I would say that only three episodes out of 22 were good and they were 19, 20 and 22, the rest were, well, unforgetable. It's such ashame as I do like to buy the DVD after a season ends and enjoy the episodes all over again. However, in the case of Season 7 this won't be happening.

I won't get into the Jo/Sela rant as I have already made my feelings known and they have not changed since the season began.

I think it will be very interesting to see if Season 8 will the last one and what the story lines will be like. I do hope Stella/Melina appears for a couple of episodes it would be nice to see her again as I have missed her in this season.

So roll on Season 8 and producers please do something spectacular that will blow the fans away.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I am also glad it is coming back. Although it has been a little hit and miss lately, it still has potential as shown by the lat 3 episodes.

The bad parts of the finale-
    Mac has only 1 unsolved case? Yeah, thats realistic.
    That little girl is only supposed to be 4 years old? She looked older than my 6 year old nephew.
    The ending went on alittle too long for my liking.
    What with all this chasing suspects with guns, im surprised these csi's actually have time to process any evidence.
    That criminal in Boston was very, very easy to trace, just through a post card.

But the rest of it, I really enjoyed. Gary played Mac perfectly in this epi. I could well believe that he was contemplating ending his career. Flack and Jo's concern for Mac was touching. Danny as Sargeant? interesting.
    If this had been the end of the show, it was a fitting last epi. As it is, there is still lots to work off.

11. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I agree with this. I thought this whole series was extremely hit and miss. I believe the loss of Stella has really affected the show. To be honest I fully expected this last episode to be the final one for CSI NY, thats certainly how it seemed to be written with Danny potentially leaving to be a sargeant and Mac thinking he wasnt up to the job anymore.

I think the addition of Jo has changed the dynamincs of the show in a big way. I hope it can recover in season 8 and get back to what it once was. Before this last series, NY was my favourite of the versions, but its fallen below previous standards I think.