CSI:NY Season 7 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Solitaire, Jan 9, 2011.

1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I agree that the second half/ending was very good.

I thought Adam was quite funny when he went to Jo about his concern that Mac could have contaminated the crime scene, but at the same time, it did seem weird, surely Adam would know there could be other reasons for that stuff showing up on the dead guy? Given that Jo turned up and was with Mac at the scene, surely she'd have noticed? They just seemed to make too big a thing out of it.
    I didn't enjoy the Danny/Lindsay/Hawkes scene either, probably because I'm not too fond of any of the characters. Lindsay is probably my favourite out of those 3 but this was a D/L type scene, which I didn't like, not personally being a fan of DL. Also, the lead in scene at the club was a bit annoying to me, it went on too long with all the semi-naked supposedly sexy/cool young/hot people carrying on.

But the second half/ending (after they realized it was suicide) was much better, quite grim and sad, and as you said, much more emotional and real. The Spanish detective stopped being the kind of cliched, over-protective/intrusive out-of-town cop and became much more human and likeable, and had some nice interactions with Mac and his sister (Miguel's mother). I thought the scene with Mac and the girlfriend was very good too.
    Miguel at the beginning seemed the typical shallow party/playboy club guy, so I liked how he later became much more human, vulnerable, and sympathetic. Nice to see that just because you are hot, young, rich, Spanish etc doesn't mean you're happy.
    I liked the end too, where Miguel's mother hugged her daughter.

One thing though, if Miguel wanted that vagrant guy to kill him, why not have him shoot him? Strangling seems a bit slow if you're going to pick your own way to die. I guess he couldn't risk buying a gun and having it traced, but still.

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Another episode, another load of pretty young things partying. Im sensing abit of a theme going on here. At least it was relevant to the case here, but the case was pretty predictable. Pretty average episode. No wonder the Radio Times says this show is looking 'increasingly tired.'

3. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

I am a big CSI New York fan. However, for me Season 7 seems to be lacking a big something without Stella (Yes I know Melina left of her own accord). The character had great chemistry with the rest of the team, especially Mac Taylor who has a somewhat serious side to him and Stella would know how to lighten him up.

The only time I seem to enjoy Season 7 is when the new character and cast member Jo/Sela is NOT on screen (her botox enhance face does not help). Perhaps the producers would have been better casting an actress whose age is between Gary Sinise and the younger member of the cast like Melina.

I do suggest checking out the previous seasons of CSI New York and see just how great chemistry the Stella character had with the others and how much enthusiasim she brought to the episodes. It is such ashame the producers did not make more of an effort to get Melina to stay with the programme.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I really liked Stella, but I think Jo is a good addition to the team. Although there has been too much of her in some episodes, I love her interactions with Mac. And also Flack, they seem to have a good rapport.
    Hopefully they put the character in the background now and then, focus on the others abit more.
    For me, season 7 is an improvement on last season, but it is still a little lacklustre. And I think that has more to do with boring and repetitive stories and themes. It needs to spice it up.

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I found the last episode a bit of a let down. It had potential, it could have been a dramatic and tense storyline, but somewhere that was lost.
    I found myself wanting the killer to escape at the end. Someone who was supposed to be a professional, and he was caught so easy?
    The biggest let down for me was Hawkes. I normally like his character, but in this instance he seemed emotionaless. He was supposed to have this connection and attraction to the victim, and yet this wasnt conveyed whatsoever. It seemed more like a minor incovenience to him rather than a friend in peril. So I wasnt particularly enthralled with Hill Harper's acting there.
    I dont like teh Jo and Adam dynamic. He seems extra uncomfortable with her. I prefer his scenes with Mac.

6. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

I have just watched episode 15 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was great to see Lindsay take centre stage which hasn't happened in ages and it was a good story line as well on avenging ladies.

Lets hope the producers give us more story lines for Lindsay and also Adam.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Lindsay isnt one of my favourite characters, but she was ok in last nights epi. And I suppose she was long overdue an episode.
    It was pretty obvious that the lawyer was in on it, right from the start. But the case brought up some interesting ethical debates. And some continuity- with Hawkes ex, who'd been raped.
    So, no club scene! But they had to go and put some pole dancing in there. At least it gave Flack a funny line, and it is supposed to be a good workout.

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I enjoyed the personal moments between Jo and her daughter.They seemed very real. I also like the ex-husband. I wouldnt mind if he and Jo got back together. It was strange though, Jo's remark to Mac about him having kids. Not really an appropriate thing to keep going on about to a co-worker, especially one that you havent known all that long.
    Interesting case. Adam, Lindsay and Danny messing around in the lab was funny, but it carried on a little long. I used to really like Adam but lately he has been a little to irratitaing for my tastes, hopefully they tone him down again soon.

9. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

I watched episode 19 and really enjoyed it. In fact I have to admit it must be one of the best episodes I've seen all season. It was great to see Hawkes get centre stage and the story was good as well (the programme didn not contain the blandness it has done since the beginning of season 7).

However, I have a feeling that this 1 good episode in 20 (odd) of Season 7 is not going to stop it being cancelled.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I wasnt all that impressed with the episode.
    The case was ok. Believable, everyday people. No club scenes, always refreshing!
    But it was rather overstretched. I fast-forwarded Lindsay processing the bomb tube, it dragged on that long. I think they could have had it as 1 of a 2 case episode, and it would have worked well.
    Now obviously they used quite a bit of time on the Hawkes thing. Now, I have always liked Hawkes, although Hill Harper's acting sometimes doesnt quite hit the mark, but he was long overdue an episode. But the writing here, for me, just didnt fit Hawkes character. Ok, he is in love, and he let his feelings override his good sense and phoned in work sick. I can just about see that. But then he ends up late for work the next day, and doesnt really seem at all sorry about that. He has been portrayed as very conciencious in the past, I dont think there would be this much of a change in him. And then the end, ok she made it hard for him to turn her down, but he doesnt seem to have learned his lesson. And im surprised Mac wasnt harsher with him, he seems to be mellowing! I just didnt buy the characterization here.

11. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Is the ep with Peter Fonda the last one? I read that a guy Mac put away years ago stalks him and just wondering if it's the finale?

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

It's not the finale. This is ep 20, the first of a two part ep with Peter Fonda, with a guy stalking Fonda's character (and Mac). The finale should air here on June 4th.

13. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Phew and i found a page with info on each ep. CSI is about to start

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Wow, this season has gone so fast!
    I havent watched last nights episode yet. A 2-parter? They dont do many of them on NY. Should be interesting.

15. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I enjoyed last night's ep and cant wait for the next part next week