CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely share the Adam/Stella concerns. It just seems wrong to me and I'm not sure how they can play it without Stella coming across as using him a little. It's clear he had a crush on her but I've never got the mutual vibe from her before. There's such a power imbalance between them that it feels too weird. I would prefer Stella to be Flack's rebound hook up because it would feel more of an equal footing between them.

Just spotted this sneak peek that I don't think has been posted yet, just Mac and Stella but cool convo!
http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/search/label/CSI NY

I was happy to see Stella calling Mac out on the whole "me", "I" thing. This whole storyline is affecting all of them not just him.

me too - i think it's important that she keeps him grounded and stops him going off on one by himself!

it's a great conversation though :D
I liked that too! I like how she made her point, but in a sympathetic, gentle way, that really seemed to get through to him.

Adam and Stella....I just can't see it. I know Adam has a crush on Stella, but I've never seen any romantic interest or attraction on her part. But if they do 'get together' because Stella's basically reacting to what happened, rather than because she feels anything serious for Adam, then it could turn out quite interestingly, especially if Stella later ended things with Adam, and seeing how that affected their friendship and the trust between them. I believe that people forming sexual relationships in the aftermath of a disaster/tragedy as a way of dealing with it does happen, and the fallout could be interesting if and when it happens. Because I can't see the two of them in a long-term thing.

Much as I can't see Stella and Adam together, I'd rather that happen than Stella getting with another 'Frankie' or some pretty boy with not much else going on like the fireman.

I'd rather have seen the 'complicated and difficult' relationship happen with someone else though - Hawkes perhaps (with Kara? That would be difficult and complicated) or Flack sleeping with women who look like Angell (as people here have already suggested). They seem to be trying to hook up Mac, Stella and Danny almost every season with someone, and I'd prefer to have some relationship stuff going on with Hawkes or Adam (but not with Stella) or even Sid.

I love both characters, especially Adam, but I do NOT want them in a romantic relationship together. If they did go there with Adam/Stella, I am going to be so done with this show. Especially since it sounds like if they do put them together it will just be because Stella's grieving or whatever (remember she did lose the professor too recently) and in which case she would be using Adam and taking advantage of his feelings for her. I do NOT want to see them do that to Stella. If they go there with her, that might cause me to not like her anymore and I would hate that.

And with the added comment of AJ saying that Adam gets some love this season (in which I thought he was referring to the new girl), it might be that they are going there with Adam/Stella... and that just makes me want to vomit. Sorry to be so blunt, but it does.

I would rather stop watching the show altogether than to end up disliking Stella. Miami already made me dislike my once favorite female character on there. I don't want to repeat the same thing with Stella, only much much worse in my opinion. Adam just seems so innocent to me. I can't stand the idea of his heart being broken and I know I'd end up disliking the person who broke it, even if that person is my favorite female character on the show. She will cease to be my favorite at that moment.

If it was Stella and Flack consoling each other in the aftermath, it would make a heck of a lot more sense and that I could actually stand to watch because they would be on the same page and using each other. :lol: But the idea that Stella will possibly be taking advantage of poor Adam's crush on her just because she needs comfort sex is absolutely vile and the most discusting thing ever. And this would mean that CSI: NY has officially turned into a primetime soap opera ala Melrose Place. As if it wasn't soapy enough with other relationships... but this just takes the cake.

I'm praying very hard that she was referring to Flack seemingly hooking up with some random girl and that maybe he may decide that random isn't comforting enough and he and Stella comfort each other. That I would actually not mind at all. In fact, before Jess came along, I was kind of torn between Stella/Mac and Stella/Flack. :lol: So, I'm not entirely opposed to Stella/Flack.

Last edited:
Kaitlyn said:
From an interview with Melina found here http://www.ohio.com/entertainment/59923372.html

As for the season-ending gunplay, she said, ''All the characters have to deal with that near-death experience in a different way.'' For Stella, she said: ''The way she recovers is kind of shocking. She forms a relationship with someone unexpected and complicated. It's a big surprise. Before I saw the script, I thought, it's been six years. What could they do that would surprise me? This did.''
She stopped short of saying with whom Stella will be linked, but did hint that ''if you watch the teaser that's on the air, you'll probably figure it out.''
source:Ohio.com

Sooooo.....an elaborate ruse to stimulate the Adam/Stella buzz? I hope so, cuz to me that is just ewwwwww:wtf:

Wow. Let's just say that I share my concerns too about this Adam/Stella hookup :eek:. In the past episodes, you can totally see that Adam is not indifferent to Stella - never more than a crush - but I never felt it was reciprocal! I don't like the thought of Stella using Adam for whatever the reason, if that's what it is. It just doesn't seem like her at all. And why Adam, c'mon! It's like taking down Bambi! lol

If they want to make them more serious than what we think it is, I'm intrigue has to how things will evolve between them to anything close to love interest, romance and a relationship of some sort. Because just pretty much like D/L, they really don't have any of that going on right now, nor do I see it ever happening but let's see how they plan on doing it...:rolleyes: Oh, not to mention, if we base ourselves on Stella's previous boyfriends, Adam doesn't seem to "fit" her ideals...

OMG, I hope it´s just Melina´s wicked sense of humour that she refers to the teaser as a hint to who is the man in question :eek:.
I share the worries with you that an Adam/Stella thing might be disastrous for the show and especially for the two characters. I loved these sweet little scenes between them, I can´t see them having an affair, it would spoil all.
Maybe a psychologist could explain why Stella needs an affair with Adam to recover from the shoot out :D.

I really don't know what thinking about this info but if it's the true I don't think I'm gonna like it I mean Adam and Stella is just weird and too much for me, honestly this news waste my pleasure I'm not sure I'm in a hurry for the new season anymore

Thanks very much @ csimania & LpoHeartsNick for the links to the CTV promo. If I'd seen only that and nothing else, been privy to no other discussions or spoilers, I think I'd be far more cheerful about the onset of season 6.

Whywhywhy is there such a tugowarwtf with CSINY at this point for me? :lol: My grain of salt is becoming a dead sea's worth, and my glass half full may once again become a 2fer1 shooter on Wednesday nights in light of what we've had spoilers for and what could be lying in wait. Geez. Was trying to be positive. Am trying. But. Argh. Arghargharghargh. :rolleyes: Crap.

Thanks for the Promo. CTV always has better promos (I think) than CBS.
Often tend to agree, more about the ep and less about the hype somehow. Whaddaya do.

Just spotted this sneak peek that I don't think has been posted yet, just Mac and Stella but cool convo!
http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/search/label/CSI NY

I was happy to see Stella calling Mac out on the whole "me", "I" thing. This whole storyline is affecting all of them not just him.
And thanks very much for this too. This here, this sort of clip feeds that little nugget of hope I still keep sheltered deep down inside for the show that it could still be good and filled with promise.

6.03 - LAT 40° 47' N/Long 73° 58'W

The father of Angell was added to the casting

Cliff Angell......................... James Martin Kelly

source: cbspressexpress
Hmm. Intriguing. Flashback territory or some additional Angell aftermath?

Here's a pic from HH's Twitter page of them filming in NYC today:

30806512-7d8c5be4ba4daf45171a140da0.jpg

Shooting right now at 61st and Broadway. I love shooting in NYC!!!!!!!
Aw. Hill. Nice. :)

From an interview with Melina found here http://www.ohio.com/entertainment/59923372.html
This article kinda induced an unsettled ambivalence for me. Or mebbe reinforced the unsettled ambivalence I've been subject to for the past coupla months about S6. Glad her side projects are fun.

Seeing and hearing Melina always undeniably adds so much to her interviews, and that's kind of lacking here, so I'm also trying to read her words with that in mind too. An honest if non-committal take on the teevee landscape, there's just so much no one can forecast at the moment.

I just hope the nature of Stella's relationship that Melina's avoiding directly commenting on isn't one that defaults to romance (why, must they always?), no matter who it's with, Adam or otherwise, and that the promo hypemeisters are duly messing with us, just dicking us around.

Stella's bar none the best female character they've got, and one of the best characters period. I hope Melina continues with the show, (well, so long as it's good), and that the show doesn't do Stella serious damage. Of course I like Adam too. But I think, if it is the two of them who are linked, and it really does turn out there's an implication of romance etc, that Stella's got far more at stake. Character-wise. Show-wise.

(Everyone's protective and worried about Adam? That Adam could be used? Fair enough. Me, I'm thinking also about how Stella could possibly be being used. By the show. Again. No matter who she's linked with or the nature of their dynamic-to-be. She deserves better. Hope she gets it. Hope they both do).

My first reaction was to deny outright that the show would ever Go There :lol: But all the same, I'm lacking faith. It's not a path I'd want to see. For me would be one more nail in the coffin, one more shark following the kayak. We'll see what's really in the pipes and how much is just bait. ;) Silly f*cking buggers.

Sigh. Crap. I wanted more character material, and now I'm thinking I need to partake in some sort of token ritual in the parking lot or something to stave off Pandora's Box in having that wish granted.

> Danny inna wheelchair. - have had time to adjust. Sorta. Excuse for fuzzy Carmine. Yada wait and see.
> DL drama. - preparing to dropkick my teevee. Fresh batteries in teh remote.
> Kleen Up Tech wiv an agenda. - admittedly kinda rolling eyes but will give it a shot. could be fun.
> Love interest for Adam. - was waiting to see. will wait and see.
> Flack spinning off the rails. - ...will see.
> Mac becoming even more driven. Mebbe even reverting. - This is s stretch? Mac Sr: will wait n see.
> Stella forming a mysterious relationship to deal. - Pit of stomach rumbling with acidic suspicious discontent; rubbing eyes wearily. Will wait n see.
> Hawkes babysitting, giving Danny whutfer, and financial crisis. - Will await spoilers indicating Hawkes selling teh bairn to gypsys or to the mothership that dropped him off six years ago (possibly the only other event in the past six years that surprised Melina). Awaiting long overdue Hawkes eppies.

I want it all to be good I want it to be good I want it to be good I want-

sigh. :shifty:

:p Bastards.

S6NY: Fair shake. Don't f*ck it up. Gloves are coming off this year.

Last edited:
Well...the new developments will be interesting to say the least. I can see where two people would take comfort in each other after what the team goes through. It's quite a stretch for me to see Adam and Stella going the romantic route but I can see them caring for each other in some way that leads to sex. Adam is a very sweet guy and I think he would be good at taking care of Stella, but I don't think it will be a long-term thing and I really REALLY can't see them letting anyone know they are sleeping together. I hope they will come out of it with a very sweet friendship when all is said and done. I don't want to see Adam hurt in any way...I truly don't.

And yes, I did notice that both times Danny has been seriously injured he was either covering Lindsay's shift or making sure she was safe. I don't see much in that because each time was totally unexpected. It's not like he took her place knowing of danger. Both times have been out of his control. I was surprised that they didn't do something with Lindsay's guilt the first time it happened. I guess I don't really expect them to do anything with this one either because they let the first one slide with just a comment from her to him about the exchange of shifts.

I agree with most of this to some extent (not necessarily about the nail-in-the-coffin part - for fans of the character, I think she has a long way to go before it gets to that point); yeah, I'm really hoping she'll step up to the plate better than she did in Season 4, especially since she's married to Danny now - and I'll be disappointed if she doesn't. On the other hand, it's a two-way street: Danny can't do what he did in Season 4 either. And I'm not all that comfortable with the notion of him getting a free-pass to act however he might; whereas if Lindsay doesn't put up with it, she's a horrible person.

Well, for starters I doubt he physically can do what he did in season four--he's probably not going to shut her out and sleep with another woman while in a wheelchair and feeling vulnerable physically. I doubt he can even really pull away since he's going to be dependent on her physically to some degree. That, and they live together, too. But in this situation, I think he's entitled to a little more leeway because let's face it, he's the one in the chair. As hard as it's going to be for her--and I'm not denying that it will be--he's the one who was physically wounded and who has to work to recover. He simply deserves a little more slack.

ETA: I really don't see him cheating on her, either, even if he could physically. I think he'll be angry and probably shut down--and she's going to have to step up to the plate and deal with that. She's going to have to do the reaching out and the pushing and try to get him emotionally. Because he's going to be something of a wreck, and I think that's understandable.

Does anyone else find it interesting that both times Danny has been hurt physically ("Snow Day" and "Epilogue"), he was covering for/protecting Lindsay?

As for the season-ending gunplay, she said, ''All the characters have to deal with that near-death experience in a different way.'' For Stella, she said: ''The way she recovers is kind of shocking. She forms a relationship with someone unexpected and complicated. It's a big surprise. Before I saw the script, I thought, it's been six years. What could they do that would surprise me? This did.''
She stopped short of saying with whom Stella will be linked, but did hint that ''if you watch the teaser that's on the air, you'll probably figure it out.''

Sooooo.....an elaborate ruse to stimulate the Adam/Stella buzz? I hope so, cuz to me that is just ewwwwww:wtf:

It sounds like they are going for Adam/Stella. Interesting. Am I the only one who doesn't hate this idea? :lol: The guy has been crushing on her for years now. It's definitely not a stereotypical relationship (a la Danny/Lindsay). I'm intrigued.
I'm with you on this. (New to the NY boards, by the way.) The very fact that Adam/Stella makes you go :wtf: is what draws me to it. You wouldn't think of them getting together and that's what makes it fascinating. It's not a relationship where everyone's like...they're probably going to get together eventually. I'm interested to see where this goes.

I don't like the thought of Stella using Adam for whatever the reason, if that's what it is. It just doesn't seem like her at all. And why Adam, c'mon! It's like taking down Bambi! lol

:lol: Cyn, that's the perfect analogy right there! Adam = Bambi. :lol:

Everyone's protective and worried about Adam? That Adam could be used? Fair enough. Me, I'm thinking also about how Stella could possibly be being used. By the show. Again. No matter who she's linked with or the nature of their dynamic-to-be. She deserves better. Hope she gets it. Hope they both do

Oh yeah, definitely. I mean I love Stella. And for the writers to use such a great character and possibly turn her into someone who takes advantage of a crush someone like Adam has on them just because they need comfort and only because the writers/ptb think it would make for good drama... well, I'm so not okay with that. In fact, the mere idea that tptb could even consider such nonsense makes me sick at my stomach.

My first reaction was to deny outright that the show would ever Go There :lol: But all the same, I'm lacking faith. It's not a path I'd want to see. For me would be one more nail in the coffin, one more shark following the kayak. We'll see what's really in the pipes and how much is just bait. ;)

:lol: I love the way you worded that! Brilliant! And so true! :lol:

Okay she said it would be someone we wouldn't expect her to hook up with. Well, there was a rumor last season that Stella would go on a date with Adam (which amounted to nothing but her asking him if he wanted to go get pizza, which was just a friendly invite)... so maybe people would expect that. The one I wouldn't see coming in a million years would be Stella and Flack because he just lost his girlfriend in a horrible way. That's where they should go if they have to go that path at all (I'd prefer not).

To me, there is absolutely nothing fascinating about Adam/Stella hooking up. To me, it's way too icky to be anything close to fascinating. I will NOT watch them destroy Stella's character for the sake of stupid drama like I watched the Miami writers do to their lead female character. I won't do it. No sir-ree. Not gambling with those odds. I'll fold. If this is truly where they are going, then they're losing me as a viewer. Goodbye, NY.

You know the only thing that worries me more than the possibility of Adam and Stella hooking up? The possibility of Adam and Haylen flirting and Stella getting jealous and us having to witness some sort of Stella vs Haylen catfight.

I would say, 'They'd never do that,' but if Adam and Stella hook up...well, I guess they'll do a lot of things I wouldn't think they'd do. :shifty:

For the record, while I'm not on board with Adam and Stella, I'm open to the possibility that the writing and acting might (might) sell it for me. But with Danny and Lindsay and all of their drama, and Flack/Angell just barely over, I really don't think we need another relationship between major characters.

Wow. Let's just say that I share my concerns too about this Adam/Stella hookup :eek:. In the past episodes, you can totally see that Adam is not indifferent to Stella - never more than a crush - but I never felt it was reciprocal! I don't like the thought of Stella using Adam for whatever the reason, if that's what it is. It just doesn't seem like her at all. And why Adam, c'mon! It's like taking down Bambi! lol

yeah, i agree - it's patently obvious that he has a crush, and she's never shown any sign of reciprocating before and for her to take advantage of that would be pretty weird, i don't think she would! adam really is so nervy and bambi like that it would be all wrong - he has got more confident over the last season but he's not exactly mr brash is he? and as you said he really doesn't seem her type at all.

I loved these sweet little scenes between them, I can´t see them having an affair, it would spoil all.

i agree. they don't have any romantic chemistry at all anyway - they have some kind of chemistry but it's more maternal/friendly (and a crush from him!) than anything romantic.

Seeing and hearing Melina always undeniably adds so much to her interviews, and that's kind of lacking here, so I'm also trying to read her words with that in mind too. An honest if non-committal take on the teevee landscape, there's just so much no one can forecast at the moment.

I just hope the nature of Stella's relationship that Melina's avoiding directly commenting on isn't one that defaults to romance (why, must they always?), no matter who it's with, Adam or otherwise, and that the promo hypemeisters are duly messing with us, just dicking us around.

i was thinking about that too - melina does tend to be quite, well, almost tongue in cheek sometimes in her interviews and i wonder what the context was and how she said it. i also wondered whether it might in fact not be a romance at all but a totally platonic relationship - maybe she becomes best friends with dunbrook or calls peyton back from london to be her shopping buddy or something!:lol:

Stella's bar none the best female character they've got, and one of the best characters period. I hope Melina continues with the show, (well, so long as it's good), and that the show doesn't do Stella serious damage. Of course I like Adam too. But I think, if it is the two of them who are linked, and it really does turn out there's an implication of romance etc, that Stella's got far more at stake. Character-wise. Show-wise.

yeah, exactly.
> Mac becoming even more driven. Mebbe even reverting. - This is s stretch? Mac Sr: will wait n see.

yes please :D

GregNickRyanFan said:
Okay she said it would be someone we wouldn't expect her to hook up with.

ah, see i managed to convince myself that she did, in fact, mean mac. the evidence is in: 1 - we've all given up on it so now would be the best time; 2 - she said it would never happen until the end of the show, so to throw it in now would be a surprise and 3: by saying it'll be totally unexpected, giving us what we were all secretly expecting would be the most unexpected thing. ha! that's it, it's mac ;) *continues on journey to cloud cuckoo land*

My thoughts too.. Adam/Stella... EEWWWWWW

4 more days for me...

You know the only thing that worries me more than the possibility of Adam and Stella hooking up? The possibility of Adam and Haylen flirting and Stella getting jealous and us having to witness some sort of Stella vs Haylen catfight.

I would say, 'They'd never do that,' but if Adam and Stella hook up...well, I guess they'll do a lot of things I wouldn't think they'd do. :shifty:

OK. That would definitely be worse than just having Stella and Adam hook up.

For the record, while I'm not on board with Adam and Stella, I'm open to the possibility that the writing and acting might (might) sell it for me. But with Danny and Lindsay and all of their drama, and Flack/Angell just barely over, I really don't think we need another relationship between major characters.

As squicked out by the idea of Adam/Stella as I am I believe the actors will do a good job with it. The writing remains to be seen - after all these are the same people responsible for the clusterf*ck that is DL. And I totally agree with you on having a third relationship between main characters. It's just way too unbelievable that there'd be that many couples out of such a small group of co-workers.

I also wonder how they're going to handle it when whatever is between these two ends. It sounds very much like they're just comforting each other and getting over being shot at. What's their work relationship gonna be like during this affair and after? I can't imagine Stella treating Adam like shit ala Lindsay throwing her tantrums at work, but I can't imagine everything being totally groovy between them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back