CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think a lot of it is going to depend on how they portray Lindsay's frustrations. If she takes it out on Danny, or did what she did when he lost Ruben--not reach out to him and then turn on him for not leaning on her after making a small gesture--she's going to come off as ridiculously unsympathetic. So I'm hoping this situation is going to show she learned from that.

I think it will come across best in scenes with other characters--if she vents her frustrations and feelings of being overwhelmed to them, it's a little more understandable. I don't want to see the show paint her as a martyr, though, while Danny wallows in self pity for a bit. Even if he needs a kick in the butt to try to walk again, I think it's understandable that he's feeling angry/sorry for himself. I just don't want a lot of "poor me/poor Lindsay" stuff with regards to Lindsay. Seeing her struggling with having to handle it all, sure.

I hope it will defy expectations in some way, but either way, I'm looking forward to it. Danny is at his most interesting when he's emotionally vulnerable and falling apart. Danny falls apart in a way no one else on this show can or does--completely, totally and spectacularly. I can't wait to see that here.

Those are my feelings exactly. I don't want the "feel bad for Lindsay" moments to take center stage. If it's done subtly, we will sympathize with her, because it's a lot for anyone to handle. And Danny is going to be massively difficult to handle during this, but guess what? She slept with him and married him knowing full well how massively difficult and emotional he can be. She's going to have to get it together and realize she's going to have to be there for him, even if he makes that hard.

2. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Just saw this on Hill's twitter. I know it's off topic but lots of folks check in here so thought I would post it. Glad everyone came through okay.

"Hey. I got into a bad car accident tonight! Cars were totaled but everyone was OK! Thank God! Wear ur seatbelts! And be safe! Much Love! HH"

3. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Thanks for the info. I'm glad he's ok and back to twittering :)

4. Ad1991

Ad1991 Victim

After seeing the new promo I am actually so freakin excited. Only downside is that I live in the UK so will have to wait stupidly long to see the first ep. I'm hoping a few clips on Youtube will keep me going until January =(

In regards to Lindsay discussion - As I've said before, this season has real potential to bring her into the fore-front - The first time since mid season 3.
    This might come across as a bit Lindsay fanboy-ish but I think the TPTB write her character the worst out of all the characters, never deciding on a direct route to take her season to season. It's perhaps this haphazard approach and non consistency that makes her character so unappealing to some.
    This shooting gives the writers a real opportunity to almost wipe the slate clean and decide on a strict way to write the character - or if they could find it in their black hole of continuity -dive back into Lindsay's past and have her breaking down as the similarities between the shooting of her work-friends and the shooting of her high-school friends becomes too much as well as all the other pressures she has.
    Although saying all this, they seem to be taking Flack down this route, so having two of the main cast in depression may be overkill.

I would like this to be Lindsay's season though...after all it is going to be her first full season :/

5. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Thanks god HH is OK wasn't he suppose to go to new york this friday ?

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't understand this comment. S2 was Lindsay's first full season. She's also had full seasons (despite missing a couple of episodes when she was on maternity leave) every season since then. :confused:

7. Ad1991

Ad1991 Victim

Well it might be just me being a bit pedantic but....

Season 2: She wasnt present for 2.01 - 2.02
    Season 3: Maternity
    Season 4: Okay was in every episode but the writers strike meant it wasn't a full 24 episode season
    Season 5: Maternity

Maybe you can count Season 4 as her first full season....

Or maybe I just look into it too much :lol:

8. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

Actually, I think season 4 was Lindsay's first full season. She missed the first two episodes of season 2, and season three was when Anna was on maternity leave. Season 5 she missed an episode or two because of her pregnancy.

A note on the promo. I don't remember if it was the CTV one, or CBS's last night after Pay Up, but in one of them they used clips from previous seasons. I can't remember all of them but I do know that the scene from 4X01 where one of the victims is busting out of a timpani is used. I don't know, maybe they're just using old clips as filler and hoping no one will notice.

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Thanks for the Promo. CTV always has better promos (I think) than CBS.

I wonder who Danny was talking to in the promo? Lindsay? Possibly an argument? Maybe she was complaining about something or just commenting out loud about how hard work is with a new baby, etc... I'm just throwing ideas out. ;)

I agree. I love Danny. I'm not a huge fan of Lindsay. They made her sort of whimpy and winey. Two things I can't stand in women. Especially a woman who is supposed to be CSI in New York City.

And the Mac and Stella scene. I wonder if Mac pulled a 'Stella' and went behind someone's back to get to the bottom of the shooting? They did say it's been a month since Angell's death and they don't have any leads.
    I hope it leads to another good Mac/Stella fight. I LOVE it when they fight. ;)

Wow, I can't believe that next week is the premiere.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Lindsay may have not been in the first episode of S2 and she did miss a couple of episodes for maternity leave in S3 and S4, but to me she was still on the show full time. I don't see those minor absences (not that maternity leave is minor, but minor in the fact she only missed a couple of episodes each time) as reasons for why Lindsay hasn't had a chance to shine.

S3 was her big, dark secret storyline that was supposed to focus on her, but instead it turned out to be the beginning of DL. Her big courtroom scenes should have been all about her and what she went through and instead it was turned into being about Danny going to Montana to support her through the testimony. She couldn't get through the testimony until Danny showed up and gave her the "strength" to go on. Since then TPTB have chosen to keep her as nothing but Danny's love interest. I don't think it has anything to do with her not being on the show for full seasons. Look at all they've done with Adam and he's just now going to be a full timer.

11. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I'm pretty sure its during the conversation with the girl who calls him with information.
    "You want to see this happen to someone else? Look at me!"
    Makes sense.

12. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Hill Harper just posted a new Twitpic.
    http://http://twitpic.com/i2l8g
    [​IMG]

Hawkes and Danny look good:)

It looks like Danny is back in action with no wheelchair whoop!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  13. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

[​IMG]

14. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

:lol: Gotta love Carmine and the cheeky eyebrow raise!

6 more days guys!

15. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I'd like to see an emotional Lindsay too! I'm a bit torn as to whether I'd want her to be alone or with somone else though. I don't really want a storyline where she reaches breaking point in front of one of the other's and then they use that to kick Danny in the ass. I'd actually like Danny and Lindsay to work through things together for a change but I'm not sure that's going to happen because tptb seem to be a little hooked on the back and forth between the two of them.

I agree, they really need to show how she's dealing with it and not just through the other character's. I really don't want scenes of Lindsay being all stoical and holding it together while the likes of Hawkes tell Danny how hard it is for her. I want to actually see how hard it is for her - have her looking frazzled even if she is still smiling through it.

I don't want her painted as a martyr either, nor do I want there to be big screaming matches with Danny. I'd like to see both of them struggling with what's happening but at least trying to deal with it together, even though it's going to be tough and emotions will be a little frayed.

I got the impression from the spoilers that he is talking to the girl who contacts him with information and that's him pleading with her to tell him what she knows.

Just spotted this sneak peek that I don't think has been posted yet, just Mac and Stella but cool convo!
    http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/search/label/CSI%20NY

I was happy to see Stella calling Mac out on the whole "me", "I" thing. This whole storyline is affecting all of them not just him.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.