CSI:NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Start Spreading the News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ad1991

Ad1991 Victim

I don't want to seem like I'm saying this for sake of arguments. But can't we at least wait until the scene airs before saying how bad Lindsay/Anna's performance is?

It's literally a seconds worth of footage which, like with many other previous promo's, may have been cut strangely or put together out of sync - a la Adam and Stella.

But yeah - freakin excittted!

2. FieryRed

FieryRed Rookie

LOL!!! :guffaw: :guffaw:
    I think that Flack is having a flashback. But, honestly I'm still shocked with the Stella/Adam scenes. Common 23d I can;t wait!!! !!! !!! !!! !!!
    /crisis mode off :lol:

Good night all, appologies If I was posting like a maniac about Adam/Stella weird combination :alienblush: (seriously Adam and Stella!!!!!???? ewww :brickwall: what's next?? Mac and Sam???? or worse Ella???)

Ok ok, Good night!! :D

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^ETA: I think Flack is having a flashback, too. I just don't see Flack hooking up with someone so soon after Angell's death.

Well, sure, but it's hard to ignore when her big gaping mouth kind is the last thing you see before it goes to the show's logo.

Not exactly--she's in the scene with Danny... they're in the same shot, unlike Adam and Stella. Kind of disheartening because that reaction will kind of take away from the drama of the moment. But, it's possible that shot was just pulled for the promo and won't actually be in the episode itself--let's hope!

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Going out on a limb here, but possibly the Adam/Stella is just a teaser.. you know to make us think that something happens between them. I don't think anything really happens, but you never know. :shifty:

As for Danny and Lindsay, well that we'll have to wait and see. The scene could be better than what they showed us.

Flack and the girl, I'm hoping it's Angell in flashbacks. It would be to OOC for Flack to smooch on another girl so soon after Angell died. OR, it's a flashback to his youth and he's kissing someone completely different. *shurgs*

Oh the anticipation. ;)

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

How do you cut or alter someone's expression??? Her expression was clear as a bell on the video and it's clearly part of the scene where Danny discovers he's shot. I think it's pretty safe to form an opinion about the expression. But even if it weren't, this is the SPECULATION thread. Based on the expression in the video one can speculate about how the scene will play out, including how the acting will come across.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just wanted to clarify that my comment was not meant as an insult towards Anna in any way. I have absolutely nothing against Anna or her acting. I was only saying that her expression reminded me of a specific expression made by someone in a specific horror movie. I just don't happen to recall which horror movie (because I watch a lot of them :lol: ).

I actually happen to like Anna/Lindsay. So, I apologize to anyone who may have been insulted by my comment because it was not my intent to insult her.

As for how they could have manipulated the video footage of the expression, one word: looping. They could make it appear as though the expression lasts longer than it actually does. We will just have to wait and see. :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  7. Ad1991

Ad1991 Victim

I'd also like to clarify that I wasn't trying to deny the fact that her gasp is a tad OTT just saying that when it's a seconds worth of footage it's hard to get a feel for that whole scene.

And to back up my point of the the footage being out of sync, after watching it a few times I came to the conclusion (with my expertise in TV show editing :lol:) that maybe Lindsay's gasp is placed in the episode when she first finds Danny and then the 'I can't feel my legs' line is after that. That way Lindsay's over-reaction seems to fall in place - in my logic anyway.

8. Top41

I doubt it, just because she and Danny are in the same shot together, and it's progressive--his head goes down after he says the dialogue about not being able to feel is leg. It's entirely possible that the shot they're using in the promo won't be used in the episode, though--that it was chosen for the promo for shock value rather than to show exactly what's going to be in the episode. It's a great take for him, though--shame she ruined it with an over the top reaction.

BTW, does Danny say legs or leg? It sounds singular to me, but I can't totally tell.

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

]For my part, I think that Adam / Stella it is the bluff, just to make us speak, or see our reaction!]Stella is with Brandon thus I don’t see her deceiving him with Adam. In that case, I would prefer with Mac.

For Don, I shall tilt more for a flashback! Later, he is also very possible. After, he decides to forget what he made and Angell's death in the arms of the other girls!

]As regards Lindsay's reaction, I admit that she doesn’t shock me, I saw for my part, a woman who thinks that his man is just a little sounded by the brightness of glasses further to the shooting, but who expected not at all that it is hurt, and only while seeing the blood on the hands she realizes the gravity of the situation where from her reaction, she’s shocked!

Top41>> I listen Legs

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Hey says "legs." He kinda tapers off at the end so it's hard to hear, but I'm almost positive I heard an "s" at the end.

11. Top41

Cool--thank you! I couldn't turn the volume up too loud here so I just heard the "leg" part and not the "s" that followed. It looks like he passes out after saying that, too, huh?

12. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I definitely heard the plural but he said it as he fell back so it seemed to come out on a bit of a gasp. Lindsay's open mouthed expression does seem a little ott at first glance (along with the mad hair) but it also looks as though she's holding Danny up a little and I can't make out if he falls back and she kind of keels a little or whether she keels and that's why he falls back :lol:. Basically the whole scene seems a little physically awkward so that could explain her expression or it could just be that it's an ott reaction. That kind of surprised reaction can often come off as awkward imo. I recall Stella's gasp when she opened the parcel with the dead rat last season - it was very awkward. Anyway, a split second is too short to judge at this stage (for me anyway) :).

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Question: What does OTT stand for? It's probably something that I should know, but if I knew it, I probably forgot it. :lol:

Your point about the footage actually makes a lot of sense. You're probably right about that. :)

Quite honestly though, if my husband was shot and bleeding right in front of me, I'd probably have that intense horrified expression as well. And after he said he couldn't feel his legs, I'd probably start crying... because I wouldn't be able to stand seeing someone I loved in such a situation.

However, I get the feeling sometimes that Lindsay has tried (nearly her whole life) to harden herself and that has therefore caused her to appear cold/emotionless. She went through something horrible as a child (seeing her friends killed and all) and sometimes one's reaction to something like that is to close themselves off emotionally. That person may protect themselves by holding every emotion inside and very rarely letting any escape. Some who do this may appear way too stoic at times and when they do end up letting some emotion show, it may come out as either the wrong emotion for the situation or more emotion than what the situation may require because they've held emotions in for so long. That's my take on it anyway. :lol:

I was wondering what was up with the hair. But, if she's helping hold him up and he falls back a little... or maybe she tries to help him up (with his arm around her shoulder) and that's when he says he can't feel his legs. Maybe in the process of helping him ease back to the floor, his arm being removed from around her hits her hair and messes it up a little bit.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  14. Top41

Yeah, it looks like he's fainting in that scene after he realizes he's been shot and can't feel his legs. It would be so Danny to pass out there. :lol:

As for the expression... yeah, we'll see when it airs. But I think there's a huge difference between finding a dead rat in a box and seeing the man you love get shot in front of you. I don't remember feeling like Stella's shock came off oddly over the rat, but things should be much more intense and real in this situation anyway.

OTT = Over the top

I think that's a fair explanation, and we'll see how it plays out, but what I saw in the preview just seemed like a corny reaction. Anna has issues with genuine emotion--she doesn't play it well. Hopefully we'll see more of the others' reactions to kind of cushion that.

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I didn't find Lindsay's reaction as bad as it has been in the past. I'm curious what happened to get her hair that messed up. Normally, even after shootouts, people have TV, Ever-The-Same Hair.

Adam/Stella would really bother me. Although if it's not them together... that kind of brings up whether Adam's going to hook up with the new girl, which is currently not a good idea. Trailers are notoriously misleading, but I'm still worried about this.

As for the apparently-Flack scene... it had better be a flashback or dream. I will never forgive TPTB if they give Flack a rebound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.