CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

You know. Danny getting arrested for committing crimes that Shane commits while in posession of his badge wouldn't be a bad cliffhanger. Hell, we've seen the CSI's bust people with less evidence. It might even make me say, "Oh my goodness!" Except it wouldn't because it's been discussed here before I see it.

True, it wouldn't really come as a surprise, but I think it'd make for a good cliffhanger, too. That was the twist I was half-sort-of expecting in Pot of Gold (when they mentioned a killer cop) that didn't come, but they could make up for that :lol:

Top41 said:
That would definitely be a bad way to start a honeymoon. :lol: But I think after Shane framing Hawkes, it might be a little too similar.

Crap, forgot about that... Framing might just be Shane's signature?

Thanks perlnoir for the links.

Ah. The usual DL inquiry. The week just wouldna be complete... :p.

Sooooo. Just guaging things here, so that I can better understand the show and the producers in future:

"...diabolical and dangerous, ...(Shane) takes an action that everyone who sees it will say, 'This is the worst thing that someone could ever do,'" - including decapitations. < That, in PV's world, has parity with... "o my goodness." :p.

Right, good to know. (...PV's apparently far more understated than I previously would have guessed :p:lol:).

While I can't see Flack as ever quite returning to sunny days, I'm not surprised there's no further overt related material planned. Too bad they didn't find a way to bring back Sam within that arc, it just seemed like it would have fit really well. But Nelly was good to see. And on the whole it was treated better than Danny's "10%" drama.

(...but. I suppose Flack could have a whole new chapter of dark days, should anything happen to Danny in the finale... :p)

He'll probably dangle Lucy over the edge of the lighthouse, and the episode will end with Danny and Lindsay staring on in horror as Lucy cries.
sudden images of csi:ny meets jacko and a baby with a blanket... disturbing.

(There will probably also be rain and lightning or something else dramatic like that.) Cue dramatic music, zoom in on the Tableau Of Doom (Lindsay's face! Danny's face! Shane's crazy face! Lucy squirming and dangling!), aaaaand...fade to black.
sudden images of csi:ny meets a heavily bearded and crazed pseudo jacko meets cape fear :p

^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mac and Stella each get a box delivered to the lab. They open them simultaneously... and find Danny and Lindsay's heads inside!!!

Sorry, Hill's decapitation comment made me think of the movie Seven for some reason. :lol:
sudden images of csi:ny meets jacko meets cape fear (and possibly the simpson's cape feare) meets seven meets godfather. Meets (Long) Island of Dr. Moreau. Wow that's a heady brew of imagery :lol:.

I mean, I am really getting tired of this cliffhanger endings. I really wish they would just stick to a big team ending and then a happy season opener next fall. Something that reminds us all why we like this show in the first place. I mean, the whole Messer Family ending is not going to do it for me.
I know watcha mean. Snow Day was among the best finales NY's had. Why there's this impetus to have cliffhangers is rather exasperating. And with the stilted airing of new episodes this season, it's like there's been two or three off seasons already :lol: Plus. DL just isn't a hook for me. No matter how ebil and dark and malevolent Shane Casey is.

Besides, how is this going to tie in to Mac's romance dilemma. What, is Lucy going to be kidnapped and he's going to be standing on the side, wondereing which woman to pick. "Go ahead without me guys, I've got some deciding to do" :lol:
I'm thinking (hoping) that all Mac's personal cliff-hanger dramz/premise will be in set-up within 6.22, and won't actually factor in 6.23, not beyond some passing conversational mention anyways.

Personally speaking, I'd much rather be paralyzed than decapitated. But maybe that's just me. :shifty:
...:lol::rommie::lol:

Much as I'd love to see that--Lindsay's been mostly inoffensive this season, but something needs to spark some life into Danny, because he's been kind of a dead fish this year--I'm still struggling with what Shane has against Danny. Danny's the only one who showed him any compassion. Why is he turning on Danny now? I guess it could be that Shane is just nuts... but I hope it's more than that. I wish they'd kept it to Danny, too, rather than dragging Lindsay into it--but I guess now that they're married, everything comes back to that.
I'm far more curious about that than what DL's personal peril will be. Maybe a hint will come in Redemptio. (While I suspect that part of Redemptio is a vehicle to get Shane Casey out and onto the streets again to menace freely, I hope that doesn't take much away from Hawke's story too much). I do want the finale to give Danny some good stuff. And from me that's saying something, as I've long become nearly ambivalent about him as a character :lol:. S7 has to be better for him. Whatever S6 was supposed to do for him, it didn't seem to.

(...but. I suppose Flack could have a whole new chapter of dark days, should anything happen to Danny in the finale... :p)

Indeed! Though it would be cool to see Shane pay heavily at Flack's hands for harming Danno. Not in a morally murky way... more a "Flack does what he does best and saves his Danny-in-Distress" way. ;)

I'm far more curious about that than what DL's personal peril will be. Maybe a hint will come in Redemptio. (While I suspect that part of Redemptio is a vehicle to get Shane Casey out and onto the streets again to menace freely, I hope that doesn't take much away from Hawke's story too much). I do want the finale to give Danny some good stuff. And from me that's saying something, as I've long become nearly ambivalent about him as a character :lol:. S7 has to be better for him. Whatever S6 was supposed to do for him, it didn't seem to.

I feel the same. Danny used to be my favorite character, but I've found myself largely indifferent to him this season. I was so excited to see what the paralysis plot would bring... only to be very disappointed. He's lost that passion and fire that made him so interesting. It's a combination of things, but I do think Lindsay is the albatross around his neck. Yoking him to her has done neither character any favors. I hope whatever happens at the end of the season breathes new life (or at least angst :lol: ) into Danny's character.

Island of Dr. Moreau.
SAY THE LAW!!!:lol:

I feel the same. Danny used to be my favorite character, but I've found myself largely indifferent to him this season
Except when he is paired with Flack they just naturally bring out the best in each other.:thumbsup:

csi ny sneak peek 6.19 redemptio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTjuNfD4psE&feature=player_embedded

CSI: NY’s Hill Harper Previews Shane Casey’s ‘Action-Packed’ Return
by Matt Webb Mitovich
Apr 13th, 2010 | 11:27 PM | Comments 1

This Wednesday on ‘CSI: NY‘ (CBS at 10/9c), Hawkes is lured to a Pennsylvania penitentiary by a mysterious death row inmate. While there getting a jaw-dropping earful, he is trapped in a lockdown situation after a riot erupts. Will the lawman face his own death sentence whilst imprisoned among cretins? (And what does one Shane Casey have to do with it all?) Hill Harper gave Fancast a look inside what he believes to be the most action-packed episode ever of any ‘CSI’ series.

I have to say, I’ve been looking forward to this prison riot episode ever since I got wind of it.
I’m so excited. In six years of doing this show, I think it’s the biggest most action-packed episode we’ve ever done – perhaps in the whole CSI franchise. The writers did such an amazing job of weaving high-stakes personal story elements with incredible adrenaline-pumping action, with crime solving, with the return of probably the most diabolical character that has ever been on the show, Shane Casey (played by Edward Furlong). And that’s not to mention the Ozzy Osbourne song (”Let Me Hear You Scream”) premiering on the show!

What can you reveal about the secret that death row inmate Reggie Tifford (‘Lost’s Harold Perrineau) shares with Hawkes?
A lot of people on my Twitter have been guessing what it is – Is he his brother? Father? What is going to happen? – but I’d rather let people find out what happens when they see it. But here’s the deal: This is somebody who is on death row, and his final request is to see Hawkes. Yet Hawkes has no connection to this person, he didn’t work on his case, he doesn’t know who he is. And then Hawkes is immediately thrown into an out-of-control situation where being a police officer is almost tantamount to a death sentence.

Edward Furlong as Shane Casey (CBS)

Lets talk about that prison riot: Is the timing pure coincidence, or could it be calculated? I see an ominously ratty-looking Edward Furlong in some pictures.
Like I said, Shane Casey is the worst criminal lunatic that we’ve ever had on our show. A lot of this is not coincidence. It’s from the mind of Shane Casey, and there is a bigger plan involved.

Amidst fighting for his survival, does Hawkes have any detective work to do?
There is some crime solving that needs to happen, because Shane Casey needs to be stopped.

‘CSI: NY’ Sets the Stage for a Killer Comeback

Does Hawkes get any chance to process what Reggie tells him?
Hawkes being forced to be in close proximity to someone who just gave him bombshell information…. Just think about all the different layers that presents. In acting class, teachers talk about how the “givens” of a situation help define a character. There are some incredible givens going on here.

Make-believe or not, filming a prison lockdown must be intense.
It’s really intense. In the background, you’ll see people getting pulled over railings and doing long falls and getting beaten down…. I couldn’t be more proud of the episode’s technical elements.

Follow ‘CSI: NY’s Hill Harper on Twitter

What can you tease about this year’s season finale? [Executive producer] Pam Veasey told me that Shane Casey figures into a cliffhanger, and there are rumors that Danny and Lindsay are placed in jeopardy….
I can say this: In the final episode, Shane Casey proves why he is so dangerous. He takes an action that everyone who sees it will say, “This is the worst thing that someone could ever do” – and I’m talking about a guy who once decapitated somebody. It one-ups our past finales, without question.

Want scoop on ‘CSI: NY’ or any other TV show? Have a burning question you want answered? Email MattMtvguy@gmail.com and read The Big Tease every Tuesday at Fancast!

source: http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/csi-nys-hill-harper-previews-action-packed-prison-riot/

Last edited:

ooooooh!!!!! *bounces excitedly* :D:D:D

can't wait!! although that line "we're here for you Sheldon" was rather cringe-worthy.... :shifty: yeah, like they'd say 'tough luck buddy, you're on your own'...:rolleyes:

*happy sigh* love mac's instantaneous eval of the situation and decision to break him out and intense laser focus and simmering energy! haha, no sitting back and waiting for the negotiation team to sort things out!! bring on super sneaky ex-marine mac!! :D:D

I honestly think this whole Shane Casey thing is being overhyped. Seriously, what's worse than decapitation? I can think of plenty bad things to happen to someone, but not sure any of them are worse than decapitation.

And was Shane's first apperance... didn't he have like a camera in his shoe so she could film women in changing rooms or something? Or was that something else Edward Furlong was in? :lol:

I feel the same. Danny used to be my favorite character, but I've found myself largely indifferent to him this season. I was so excited to see what the paralysis plot would bring... only to be very disappointed. He's lost that passion and fire that made him so interesting. It's a combination of things, but I do think Lindsay is the albatross around his neck. Yoking him to her has done neither character any favors. I hope whatever happens at the end of the season breathes new life (or at least angst :lol: ) into Danny's character.

I have the same had felt concerning the character of Danny, I so expected from his paralysis. Have badly treated so the subject for step say downright ignored and to give us only an empty and dead character. Was better to make nothing. I hope that the final will relight him the flame of his character.

This is similar to other articles we've read about "Redemptio", but here's one from TVGuide.com:

Can CSI: NY's Hawkes Survive a Prison Lockdown?

On Wednesday's CSI: NY, Sheldon Hawkes' visit to a Pennsylvania prison provides him with a jarring revelation and puts him in a fight for his life.

In the episode, Hawkes (Hill Harper) receives word that death-row inmate Reggie Tifford (guest star Harold Perrineau) wants to speak with Hawkes before he dies. During their meeting, Tifford shares some unsettling news with Hawkes, who unfortunately doesn't have any time to process what he's just heard.

"The prison gets put on lockdown, and there's a prison riot," Harper tells TVGuide.com. "And obviously, being a police officer in a prison riot is probably one of the most dangerous positions anyone could ever be in. It's almost like a death sentence."

Perrineau, who's familiar with prison scenes thanks to his role on HBO's Oz, says his character actually tries to protect Hawkes during the riot, but that's a tense proposition. "He wronged Hawkes," Perrineau says. "After the riot breaks out, he then tries to protect Hawkes, but Hawkes doesn't want the protection because I did him wrong. I did something really awful to him."

Harper says the revelation hits his character very close to home, and even makes him reconsider some of his choices. "It makes him take stock of and reexamine how he treated his family in the past," Harper says. "He's forced to deal with this person who is a convicted murderer, but he also has to look in the mirror and see how he did not treat people as well as they should have been treated."

Perrineau says his character does get some redemption. "That's a theme for me," he says with a laugh, referencing his return to Lost, which also aired this week. "Eventually, he really does redeem himself. He helps Hawkes through this thing as he helps him solve a case."

At the center of the riot is famed CSI: NY serial killer Shane Casey (Edward Furlong). "There's no question that the Shane Casey character is the worst villain in all six seasons we've had on our show," Harper says. "This is such a genius way of showing how diabolical he really is. He is just bad news."

Harper says the episode will explain how Casey's fingerprints ended up on Danny's badge earlier this season and sets the stage for a huge finale.

"You never know what he's going to do," Harper says. "And that is revealed in a very dangerous way in the finale. He takes an action that I think is going to surprise everybody with how scary it is, and that's the way the season's going to end. It's pretty exciting."

After watching "Redemptio" I have to say that whole "Danny gets arrested for heinous crimes committed by Shane Casey using Danny's badge" seems rather likely. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't give TPTB that much credit.

Will Batts posted another Twitpic of the lighthouse from the finale.

86720550.jpg

6.21 Tales from the Undercard

source: tv.com

Ok, so I kind of want to run up behind Flack and leap on him and demand a piggy back ride...is this odd? :shifty:

And could Stella be more fabulous just standing there? I didn't think so. :lol:

thanks Faylinn and perl for the great photos. :guffaw::guffaw:

Ok, so I kind of want to run up behind Flack and leap on him and demand a piggy back ride...is this odd? :shifty:

Oh damn, that made me LOL :guffaw::guffaw:

BTW it IS kinda odd! :lol: But in a funny way :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back