CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Bright Lights, Big City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Just dont forget your safety glasses!![/QUOTE]

You beat me to it. We do tend to fling it around at times don't we:lol::lol::lol:

2. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

3. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well, I can't say I'm disappointed about this, to be honest :p. By it's handling, perhaps, but not that it won't be pursued further. Like so many things this season, I mighta enjoyed a teeeeeeeny tich more by way of some additional context, more personalized for the characters. So little screentime to share around, I know.

As it stands, half a dozen eps into the season, it feels a rather isolated incident and less an illustration of some larger schematic or trend for Stella this season (or Adam, for that matter). Even with the spoilers and interview clips and miscellaneous snippets posted in here filling things in abit, it is among the most random things the show's ever come up with (at least for me :p:lol:). I do wonder what the hell else they'll be tossing Stella's way to display her Unlimits and Momentarily Enjoyed Momentous Moments, and if Melina, and viewers, will be as surprised :lol:. So far, Flack is easily the one they've managed to establish the most consistent character trend or path's ambience for. Guess we'll see.

I do count the parachute two-scene double-take manner of the one-nighter's inclusion as something to stir things up, an underlying motivation, and not just a bonus for effect. The Ohio article with Melina and the preview clips came out perfectly timed before the premier to reignite chatter, which it did, a well-played sideball from a summer long mulling of the so-called cliff-hanger.

Meh. Sorta falls into being another headshake Whatever moment for the show :p.

This. Makes me laugh :lol::p. (A la "Turn. Parry. Dodge. Spin. Ha." Especially if ya don't know the answer, and what are ya supposed to say either way. :lol:). But hey, why not try going to a direct source. Ya never know what you'll get :lol:.

Thanks for that. Always nice to hear that Hawkes is going to get some additional focus. I'm glad that Danny's miracle cure isn't going to be the end of the matter, though I can't say I was surprised to read that there was a notion to have Danny and Lucy finding their ways to walking together :shifty:. Not surprised at all :lol:. So irresistably Uplifting and all. I have been curious and looking forward to the franchise sweeps 3-way, and I guess we've been fairly warned that NY's segment will be "heroes on steroids" :lol:. Some of NY's better eps have been loaded with action, like Snow Day and Pay Up, so here's hoping it's a good one. RE Haylen, as a "recurring regular," well, I still don't really know what to make of her tenure yet. An ongoing We'll See there. As for what PL said on Flack and Eddie, nice to hear; and definitely, Flack's story still sounds (and has come across) as the most well-crafted element of the season so far. I'm hoping that whatever else is in store for Sheldon, Stella, and Danny is evoked as successfully.

Can't say the Compass Killer has really caught my attention, he hasn't felt particularly menacing or a nefarious puzzle to solve; mebbe that Twizt will engergize the conclusion of that arc. The vid makes me a little more interested in what the character's driving agenda really is.

And thanks, Messers fan, for the link.

Here's hoping for some good Hawkes stuff tonight :). And a return of Sid. Perty please. :p.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Some casting news, that I'm not too fond of:

One of the Kardashians? God, no.

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Uh. Hm. Could this be stunt-casting making a vaunted return... (just when you thought it wuz safe :p). Or could they really have an ep tailored to such a collection of players? Hope it's the latter. Indifferent to uninspired by the prospect.

Thanks for the info.

6. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Don't quote me on this. But I have seen them do this on shows before, just how they just listed them. Doesn't mean they are going to change in the actual credits of the show. I've seen my other shows do it for spoilers and nothing ever changed, but then again they could do it just to make a liar out of me!

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

More on the appearances from TV Guide:

Source

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

thanks for the interview Top! i'm interested by his response to danny's swift recovery - i can accept his claim that 4 episodes doesn't necessarily = 4 weeks of time, however, if that is the case they really need to start making all the characters have the same time line :lol:

9. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

^^ Thanks for the info. Seems like some of the Kardashians have been on a number of magazine covers lately, but can't say the prospect of these particular guest stars means much to me. But then again, I'm probably not in the target demo.

Gotta agree. While I'm not disappointed to see this A/S storyline end, I think they did a bit of disservice to Adam and especially Stella with the rather casual way it was handled. That last scene between them in “Epilogue” could’ve been presented in a way that provided more context while still ending the relationship if that was the plan. But maybe the writers thought it would be easier for the audience to gloss over the whole thing and move on if it was handled in a lighter, more superficial way.

Yep. I’m a bit skeptical about this whole spontaneity storyline for Stella because they haven’t really given us anything more to show that she has changed in this way. And I also wonder if this will really be a carefully developed arc or simply a series of one-off, somewhat random events that ultimately don’t do much for Stella’s development.

I wonder if the A/S one-night-stand also was included as a bit of a trial balloon with the idea that it might get some additional development if it generated some positive, lasting buzz. With the way the ratings dropped between episodes one and three though, maybe the writers decided they needed to focus on other stuff rather than expanding this particular storyline.

10. AndorianIP

AndorianIP Victim

lol I so agree with the out loud groan at the Kardashians. First they possibly hint that our beloved Stella is going to have a few more one night stands and now tabloid queens? Either the writers are not drinking enough or are drinking too much.

Question - how come we have these spoilers but nothing for eppy 10 :(

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Nope. Not at all interested in more lame ass stunt casting.

12. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I hate stunt casting as well. i reckon that they should do what they did with S1, to have unknown actors with some talent , not reality show stars that can't act.

13. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Victim

Not exactly a spoiler, but it appears there will be an extra episode this season:
    Source

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Interesting--previous seasons orders have been 24 (last season was upped to 25). I wonder why CBS cut the order on some of their shows. And is Miami's order still 22, or 24?

ETA: Looks like Miami has been upped to 24. I wonder why only 23 for CSI and CSI: NY.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, I don't mind Vanessa or Train being on there. I don't know who LaLa is, never heard of that person before. But Kim Kardashian? Why ptb? Why? Gahhh! I'd rather see Paris Hilton on there (she was funny on her ep of Supernatural) than Kim Kardashian. But, as long as they don't put Octomom or Jon/Kate Gosslin on there. :lol: If they do that, I'm boycotting the episodes! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.