CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

LOL. Here's the article with Hill. Took me a while to type up. :p

Hill, YEAH!

A life-changing moment from Dr. Hawkes' past -- the event that inspired the former surgeon to become a CSI -- comes back to haunt him when the team investigates the rape and murder of a subway musician. "The evidence [points to] the same person who raped my ex-girlfriend," reveals star Hill Harper. "That incident is what caused our breakup." It's an emotional, yesrs-old crisis the often pragmatic Hawkes was unable to come to terms with. "He was a surgeon then and felt helpless. He could stitch someone up, but he couldn't fix her internal pain." Those same emotions resurface tonight. "This case brings all of that right back into my face in an unexpected way," he says. It also brings back his ex (Nichole Galicia), who Harper hopes may stick around as a love interest. "whether it's my ex or someone new...I definitley want Hawkes to have a girlfriend," he says. "There's a measure of closure by the end of the episode that gives Hawkes the opportunity to move on and have a healthy relationship." "I have a scene with Gary Sinise that is one of the most powerful I've shot. It's rare that two male characters on a procedural have a conversation about something that is going on in their own hearts or personal lives."

And ETA:

5.18 is called "Point of No Return"

From what I can tell, a wife a murdered trying to help her husband's gambling problem. It appears to be a one episode case.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thanks for all the spoilers, Shane!!! :D

Wow, I hadn't even thought about Gillian dying...but I'm guessing if Julia Ormond is saying that much, Julia doesn't die (because Ormond's comments would be a major hint if she does). But maybe Gillian ends up leaving?

And I can't wait to see this scene between Hawkes and Mac! This episode sounds like it's really going to be a great one for Hawkes. I can't wait.

Tell us more about 518! Anything juicy?

And am I right that the Flack episode airs up against the two hour premiere of Lost on 1/21? I hope not...but I worry that I am. :eek:

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Thank you for the article and the spoiler Vegaslight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nichole Galicia is beautiful. I hope she can stay if the character is interesting indeed. Hill is not the only one hoping Sheldon could have a girfriend :D !!!!!!!!!!
    I'm glad the reference to Gary because i simply admire and love ALL his scenes with the whole cast
    And if Hill says it's good, it will be a powerful scene i'm sure!

About 5.18 mmmm sounds as Peter's influence again. Point of no return is the title of the American remake of Nikita . Maybe he wants redeem himself after all :D

Debbie

4. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Thank you for all the spoilers! :thumbsup:

I'm really looking foward to a Hawkes-centric episode and hope that if his ex-girlfriend turns out to be an interesting character, she can show up occasionally as a recurring guest.

Re: Gillian, I wonder if there will be some type of horrible accident involving Ella. If 2+ months have passed since episode 5.08, maybe Mac and Gillian are "close" and Ella will see her as a threat to be eliminated.

Unless Gillian simply disappears into character limbo, the writers will have to come up with something creative to explain why she leaves after only recently coming into a new assignment. Hmm...maybe she'll be a victim of the budget cuts....

5. Top41

I didn't think of Ella--good point! That could be what's building, in which case, I gotta admit, I'm morbidly curious! A little soapy, but hey, it could make for good drama.

I hope Gillian doesn't simply disappear into character limbo!

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I know i'm evil but inside the Smacked thread we started celebrating the good news on Gillian :D (sorry but it's the Naked Truth:p )

I don't understand why it was mentioned Mac and his heartache:wtf::wtf::wtf:

I don't want to think after just a few weeks-months-whatever (you never know) he is so madly in love he will be back into "Broody Mac" again. I know he is a sensitive man and he must be affected if something happens to Gillian but HECK! I don't think she is the new love of his life because we don't even know if they are dating:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: I don't want another cheesy hidden romance

Personally i DO like Julia but i DO NOT like Gillian:wtf:

BTW Lilou posted inside the Smacked Thread a bautiful pic with Mac,Stell and Sid at the subway station. It's going to be a touching moment you can bet! (I think they are listening a musician down there);) 5.12 spoiler pic
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=57556&page=32

Debbie :thumbsup:

7. lilou

lilou Rookie

I really don't like Gillian. Well we have so many story which can be use. Flack/Angell, Sheldon and his new exgirlfriend... I don't understand why introduce a caracter for only three episode. We saw her only once time and in the next episode she will be the Mac's love...
    I really hope that we don't see many episode with Mac in trouble about Gillian death like we had last season for Danny and Rudy.
    For me it'll be very stupid if it'll be like that.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Maybe they changed their mind about actually making Gillian a 'love interest' - despite the slight flirtation in 5.08(?), I don't see it going very far if she's only going to be in a few episodes.

Thanks for typing up the thing from TV Guide, vegaslights! :D It looks very interesting, although I do have a minor quibble with something:

I hope that's the TV Guide people misunderstanding something and not what someone from the show actually told them - Hawkes left the hospital for the morgue after losing patients (according to "And Here's to You, Mrs Azrael"), and didn't he say he became a CSI so instead of just being there after a person died, he'd be actively trying to find out what happened?

If they retcon Hawkes' storyline to accommodate this, I'll be disappointed. They could easily work it into things as they are...

Of course, maybe they mean that this event in his past was always in his mind, and it was one of the things that made him want to solve crimes and get the bad guys...That's probably it. :p

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That has to be it. TPTB would never change such an important aspect of a char . . . er . . . uh . . . never mind. :shifty:

10. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Yeah, it's a soapy kind of plot, but then again this whole stalker thing has that fatal attraction vibe, so I doubt it's going to end without some amount of melodrama and bloodshed. But maybe they'll surprise me. I

It's too bad if what could have been an interesting character -- a high-ranking female police official -- simply disappears. But that's essentially what happened to Jordan, so I won't be surprised if Gillian makes a less than graceful exit, especially if the storyline has changed from what was originally intended.

Yes, seems like there might've been a change in plans. The earlier spoilers seemed more focused on her role as Mac's boss and the potential romance. From Julia Ormond's comments, though, it sounds like she was primarily interested in the trafficking storyline, which if I recall correctly will be handled in a single episode? If that's the case, perhaps the best thing will be to just wrap this arc up quickly and move along.

If this was just going to be a short-term commitment, though, I don't know why they felt the need to develop a potential recurring role as Mac's boss when they could have just brought Julia Ormond in a "visiting" detective (maybe from Scotland Yard), who was following up leads on human trafficking. Then she could have simply returned home when the case was over. Now it looks like they will have to come up with some scenario for her leaving so soon after accepting the Deputy Inspector assignment.

Oh well, I'm not a fan of these love interests of the month/season, but hopefully, they can do something interesting with Gillian's two remaining episodes.

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Hopefully Tv Guide spoiler isn't accurate enough. But i guess if Sheldon's girlfriend was attacked i expect certain trauma

Also i hope certain *cough* continuity *cough* not only about Sheldon's past but also from Don's episode. He can't suffer being under scrutiny in one episode and the following episodes he is happy and as fresh as a lettuce:wtf: It shouldn't be as Mac's storyline post-Veritas where he was kidnnaped, taken hostage and almost killed and he didn't suffer any kind of trauma:wtf:

They did something good with Stella's storyline (All Access) in both S2 and S3 tough:)

In any case, the rest of the season sounds quite good except for certain scenes i will skip over :rolleyes: ;)

Debbie:)

ps: I agree with you, Curiosity. I guess a one single episode with Julia would have been more than ok if the story would have been well written than 3:rolleyes: But i can't add anything. I can't be neutral on this matter :D

12. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

SPOILERS FOR- Point Of No Return

If anyone was wondering where Marty Pino went, here are some answers. Apparently Sid fired him over a year ago. It seems that Pino has gotten himself in something bad and his wife dies trying to protect him.

Meanwhile the Greek storyline continues with Stella as we meet a professor from Greece.

Although, Danny forgets his vest when they went to a takedown and Mac makes him stay behind no question are to be asked. He ends up in a persue of the suspect without vest or backup. He gets out of it alive.

Danny seems to be really hit hard that one of his friends could betray the lab like that. It looks like another emotional Danny.

Lindsay isn't mentioned at all.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Seriously?! I mean, yay for continuity and all, but I know some Pino fans who are going to be majorly cheesed off. :wtf:

ETA: Oh, and BTW - good job, Danno! You've got a kid on the way and you're being reckless. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  14. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

wow, who woulda thought that about pino, never thought the guy was even married, and all i can see him betting on is the giants...idk, thought whats his face, even zao would be more of a gambler with the pool, but football is just as bad, this is assuming pino was the one that gambled....well now we know how he could afford that porsche, but it wasn't being an ME. joke joke,

this should be interesting...oh and maybe danny wants to be put in a hopsital, get him out of the "wedded bliss" that is mentioned for the episode prior. jk, idk imo i think the d/l stuff has been decent and cut short to keep within the gag reflex of many, hoping the writers keep handling it well.

as for sheldon, i love him and screen tim eis screen time, and it seems he's going to be getting alot of it in the next ep, and i'm sure, hoping really hoping, that the blips about the ep are just embelishing the story since we actually know the reasons Hawkes made the transfer..for the most part

oh and we keep hearing about the greek guy, what about that flash drive??

i need a new episode or a teaser or something before next week, i'm drowning in reruns!!!

15. Top41

Damn, this episode sounds good!!!! :D How cool is it that Pino is coming back??? Dubious circumstances yes, but I gotta say, sweet on the continuity!

And it sounds like Danny isn't going to be all mature overnight--good. It's just like the Danny we know to recklessly chase after a suspect without a vest. Man, I bet Mac is pissed. And Flack. And Lindsay. :lol: Danny has a lot of people who worry and care about him.

With no mention of Lindsay, I wonder if this is the first of the episodes she'll be out for. I bet she goes to see her family after the wedding or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.