CSI:NY Season 4 - U.K

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Dec 21, 2007.

1. hairy0haggis

hairy0haggis Hit and Run

I agree completely with you Danistheman. You took the words right out of my mouth! Although I find it very difficult to read what Mac is thinking behind his eyes. He has a very special look and it's difficult to read a lot of the time.

I agree on the Flack and Danny front though... wish I'd thought to say that. ;)

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I think we'd all like more Flack. It's so unfair - we've had several Mac/Stella/Danny centric eps over the years, and Hawkes and Lindsay have had a storyline/ep each (Hawkes with Raising Shane, Lindsay with the s3 story arc about her secret) but Flack hasn't really had one except for Consequences and maybe The Fall.

I loved geeky (but cool) Adam too. Geekiness is attractive on him. AJ does a great job of making Adam believable and likeable. I find him loveable actually, he's so cute.

3. aconnell

aconnell Dead on Arrival

Of course, they left the episode on sort of a cliffhanger and the second part of this episode is the last episode that was written before the strike (Playing with Matches). It aired in America on the 6th February. It was quite a different episode, and last week it was nice to see Detective Angel again. Also, I looked on Play.com and hopefully!, we can expect a Season 4 DVD out on 27th October.

The episodes they have actually filmed take us up to 12th April, and that is when the next episodes are expected to start, so hopefully there won't be much of a disruption of episodes in the UK because of the writer's strike.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Playing with Matches isn't the conclusion to the Second Life episode. The 6th of February was the planned date for the concluding episode but that was before the writer's strike kicked in. It's most likely the next one, or the one after, which obviously haven't been fully written yet.

5. hairy0haggis

hairy0haggis Hit and Run

Oh that would be excellent. Mind you, I don't imagine for a second that TPTB would allow the British to catch up with the American airings. I bet we have a huge break put in our schedual where they repeat some lame TV show that no one watched the first time round! If that happens then TPTB will find themselves on the wrong end of a hissy fit from the haggis. I mean it... I'll throw myself on the floor and kick my feet up and down and everything... it won't be a pretty sight I can tell you :mad: :devil:

6. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

It'll be really interesting one the UK has caught up I'd be intrieged to see what they do. Though knowing how it works we will get either films or repeats for a few weeks before they air again... have a habit of that.

7. hairy0haggis

hairy0haggis Hit and Run

DAWNI!!! NO, NO...BAD DAWNI... you just jinxed us to James Bond reruns and Inspector Morse repeats.

Place your bets guys, place your bets... will we finally get to watch the same show as everyone else or are we going to end up watching dodgy repeats *GLARES AT DAWNI* (I'm kidding, I know you could have me in a fight :D)until they feel that we are at least 6 episodes behind?

8. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I just had to say it *smiles innocently*
    Nah couldn't have you in a fight I've no coordination or balance... and i'm a woos hehe.

Come on... its UK tv, its CSI... what normally happens. Unless they are feeling extra nice i mean we could see the amazingness of Five.

9. Aphina

Aphina Rookie

It's not that long til it cuts off to the writer's strike I think they showed up to 14.

10. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

My gut reaction is that we won't have any break - the episodes will hopefully run right through. The 'reasoning' behind this is that C5 are already repeating Season 4 on 5US on Sunday (so I doubt that they will repeat S4 again so close to its first run) and they couldn't really show repeats of other seasons as they are already doing that now on both channels. I don't think that they will want to lose their very loyal CSI:NY viewers, even though they ar*se us around every sodden week with the times :mad:. But, at the end of the day, it suppose it's down to the contract they have with CBS. Suppose we have no choice except to wait and see what will happen.

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Gah, the times thing is so annoying! :mad:

12. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

I hope we don't have to break and let the US run ahead again.....channel 4 are usually the best for catching up to the US as has happened with episodes of ER, at one point a coupla years back we were only 10 days behind....so come on channel 5 take a lesson...

13. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I think the problem usually is that US shows don't run right through. In the UK Five normally run the season pretty much right through from start to finish with a new episode airing every week. Of course, the US don't do that and often have a number of weeks showing repeats, so if Five started airing the season any earlier we would normally catch up and then have to wait for new episodes. With the number of new episodes NY are planning to do following the end of the writer's strike I think they must be planning to run it through in the US with new episodes pretty much every week from April until they are done. So if we shouldn't catch up I don't see why we would have a break, unless it's because Five are struggling with programming to air in the remaining weeks at the end of the season which, due to the strike, won't have original programming. If that makes any sense... So we might get some repeats, or they'll just run right through. :)

Anyway, tomorrow's episode is 'Boo', airing at 9.40pm on Five.

Boo synopsis (adapted from the Radio Times):

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^I think five will make an effort to run the new eps as soon as they can. They're not 100% reliable with their airings of the CSI shows, but they're a channel which is dominated heavily by US crime drama - they have all the Law and Orders and all the CSIs, they even negotiated a deal with 4 to get that WaT part of the WaT/CSI x-over the other week. FiveUS consists mostly of re-runs of said crime shows, and lately five have been really advertising the fact they have CSI. Also, they get money from sponsors to show their ads at either side of the breaks. And last year they had that comedian dude doing the short thingys with the cast and crew. I really hope they're not dumb enough to mess with that. I mean, what else do they have apart from CSI and the other crime dramas.

Agggh, though, I wish they would quit messin' with the times! 9.40?! :mad: But I'd rather they have and show all the CSIs and mess about with the times than not have it at all. :)

15. nikkilou31

nikkilou31 Victim

I loved last nights episode. Thought that Lindsay was great and the moment when Danny put his hand on her shoulder was so sweet.