CSI:Miami Season 6 **Spoiler Lab** #4 - Proceed At Own Risk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI:Miami Season 6 **Spoiler Lab** #4 - Proceed At Own R

Hey Everyone,

I just uploaded the extened promo for the nov sweeps. It looks so good and I can't wait for tonight!

Perp- "I get the feeling the balance of power is about to shift."

H- "It already has." :D :D :D And he has that smile on too!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwGP0BpoyQg

HCrazy

inthewind said:
Della said:
Um, when was it revealed that Horatio had killed his father?

It was revealed that Horatio killed his mother's killer in "Nailed", I believe. It was in "Collison" that Horatio told the little boy whose father had killed his mother that he (Horatio) also had a similar story, that his father had killed his mother.
So the story unfolded in two separate episodes.
I know that it was revealed that his father abused him as a child, (I can't remember the name of the episode but it's the one where Resden re-appears killing off his co-foster brothers and then going after his foster father), but I can't for the life of me remember when it was revealed that Horatio had killed his father.

I'd be very grateful if someone could let me know. Much appreciated :)

:)

Oh and PS: Yes, that subpeona has been bothering me too :D
:( :(
In "Nailed" Horatio acknowledged to Stetler that he had killed his mother's killer. :(It wasn't until "Collison" that he admitted to the boy, Danny, that he had the same family history as Danny; his father had also killed his mother. :devil:
They brought the information to light piece-meal, which is why it's always confusing.
And I'm still not sure if the subpoena was from his father's death or from Jennifer's parents deaths. I'm guessing it's from his father's, but who knows.
Yes, yes, yes, thank you, thank you, thank you. I remember that now.

As for Horatio having murdered someone, I already suspected that, especially at the beginning of Season 4 (From the Grave) when he entered confessional and by how and what was said there.

I'm hoping, (though by what's being said I don't think it will happen this way), is that the person was an innocent caught in the middle of a shootout, and that's why Horatio can't think of any other way to have done things.

I think this would be plausible because, and I honestly think this is down to the wonderful acting of David Caruso, whenever Horatio has to raise his gun to someone he empathises with, such as in the episode where a the wife of an employee had been kidnapped, he has Horatio almost begging the person to put down their gun.

As for the subpeona, didn't Horatio tell Stetler the reason for it in the next episode, when Stetler welcomed him back? Though Horatio didn't mention the father, he did tell Stetler it was to do with him killing the one who ahd murdered his mother?

All in all though, in my opinion, there is no justifcation for murder. The circumstances would make it understandable, but if Horatio murdered someone, even in self-defence (which would make it manslaughter wouldn't it?) he really should be punished for it.

Hmm, very interesting though I have to say :)

Ooh or maybe Horatio was trying to shoot past a captive a bad guy was hiding behind and hit the captive instead???

Hmm, but he'd still have had his badge (his being a law enforcer) to cover his mistake, wouldn't he? Hmm... So it has to be something when he wasn't in law enforcement, which does go back to his childhood, but then, isn't there a date of some kind, that when an unsolved murder surpasses a certain amount of time then no-one can be brought to trial for the murder? :) *shrug*

Anyhoo, as said, certainly very interesting indeed :D

Oh. It's from S4? Sorry I thought it was new. I'll try to pay more attention from now on. :(

Della said:

All in all though, in my opinion, there is no justifcation for murder. The circumstances would make it understandable, but if Horatio murdered someone, even in self-defence (which would make it manslaughter wouldn't it?) he really should be punished for it.
:confused: :confused: :confused:
Someone killing your mother isn't justification?

inthewind said:
Della said:

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Someone killing your mother isn't justification?
In all honesty, no.

Murdering the one who murdered your mother is completely understandable, but it is not at all justifiable. For it to be justifiable it would mean that the action you took, as well as anyone else who took the same action, would be lawful and yet murder is not lawful, and it never should be, in my opinion.

I think the circumstances of a murder should be taken into consideration, but, in this example, concerning someone murdering their mother's killer, it should not mean they get a 'Get out of jail for free' card. Sorry...

Murder should be punished regardless of who you are or what the circumstances are.

Why do you think it is justifiable, inthewind?

He killed his father while trying to prevent his mother's murder (WHILE THE FATHER WAS KILLING THE MOTHER). As I understand the backstory, this wasn't an after-the-act murder, it was during the commission of the original crime. That would make it clearly SELF DEFENSE.

This is what I mean about dropped storylines — I don't think we know what happened to H after he killed his father. That priest seemed to be connected to it all (from Season 4), so I wonder if he protected H.

I think it would be interesting for TPTB to bring this up again, since H's son is facing a similar fate. Maybe H feels guilty b/c he got away w/the murder of his father (albeit in self-defense), and Kyle is being punished harshly for his crime, and is being set up and kidnapped, etc.

As for the murder charge, maybe H was aquitted on acount that it was self-defense and he was a minor (I was never sure if he was 16 or 17 when it happened, but he was around Kyle's age, which I also think is interesting). It sounds like there wasn't a trial, though, and that H wasn't charged.

I think H needs to take responsibility for his past - that's a big part of what's holding him back emotionally. He killed Riaz, which I didn't like, and there's been no repercussions for that, either. You could say that was self-defense too, and Riaz was getting away w/murder, but still... H cannot go walking around telling people that "nobody deserves to die" when he has blood on his hands himself.

It's time for H to go back to NY and straighten out his past. He should Answer that notice he was served with and set the record straight.

inthewind said:
He killed his father while trying to prevent his mother's murder (WHILE THE FATHER WAS KILLING THE MOTHER). As I understand the backstory, this wasn't an after-the-act murder, it was during the commission of the original crime. That would make it clearly SELF DEFENSE.
Has that really been established? That it was at the same time as his father murderng his mother? If so, then why is it only being raised now? Surely it would have been investigated at the time and if it could not be determined that it was self-defence then Horatio would have been punished back then? Or Horatio would ahve been exonerated if they had determined it had been self-defence.

Either way though, if it is to do with that, it seems very strange to me that it is only now being investigated.

Also, self defence where you are defending another, such as Horatio possibly defending his mother, is not unpunishable I'm afraid, it just alleviates the crime to manslaughter.

If, however, Horatio's mother had died and his father had then attacked him, with the intent to murder him, then yes, it would be self-defence and, as far as I know, justifiable.

However, as said before, it doesn't make sense that it is only now being investigated, when it really should have been investigated at the time.

Which does lead me to think that either Horatio murdered his father at a later date and not so far back in his past, hence the subpeona when he last went to New York, or it is an entirely different case altogether.

PS: I should add that if Horatio being accused of Murder is to do with subpeona in New York, then I'm not really looking forward to this potential storyline because it throws into the air the core of Horatio, in that, there's a possibility that all the while he's striven to eradicate society of murderers and what not, he himself has actually got away with murder. Which, in my opinion, will ridicule all that Horatio has stood for up to this point in time. *shrug*

I think it would be interesting , actually. I remember in Season 4's "From the Grave," where H was talking to the priest, he was talking about paying for his sins.. This makes sense if he killed his father. I think, in Season 4, H told Stetler that while he was trying to protect his mother, the "attacker ended up dead" -0 so it has been established that the murder of his father took place during his mother's murder, when H was either 16 or 17.

H, first and foremost, is a defender of the innocent. II don't like the fact that H has turned into a "killing machine" over the last three years - his body count is horrendous. Yes, he's a police officer and is defending the public, but the Riaz thing in particular didn't sit well w/me. Also, why is he always shooting to kill? Why not just injure the person, disable them?

I believe H killed his father in an attempt to save his mother. Should he have to answer for that, yess. Does that hurt his character, I don't think so. I think he was doing what he's always done, except he didn't have a badge when he was 16. He's always defended the helpless, and I think by trying to save his mother, he was acting completely in character. (I would love to see this in flashbacks...)

OK...this is the spoiler thread, so I guess should get back on topic - I' have to ask if anyone has any upcoming spoilers for the next few eps. "Family Affair" (I think that's what someone said it was called) looks interesting.... any chance of connecting Kyle w/H's violent past?

I haven't seen this posted
From Kristin at E! Online

Question: Mona in Sebastopol, California: Anything on any of the CSIs?

We meet Horatio Caine's baby mama in episode 12 ("Raising Caine"), when said baby mama is suspected of murdering her husband. Yay! Baby-mama drama!

Ruth said:

We meet Horatio Caine's baby mama in episode 12 ("Raising Caine"), when said baby mama is suspected of murdering her husband. Yay! Baby-mama drama!

Yeah I already knew that, but thanks for posting.

Ally, I've edited your post as we are not allowed to refer to sites that illegally post copyrighted material.

Please read this thread for info on our Spoiler Policy here at Talk CSI. Thank you. :)

As we were speaking about the possible consequences caused byt the Writer's strike....I found an article on my newspaper (the one I read on tube ;) )
Newspaper article
which told this strike could seriously damage our favourite show such as "Letterman" (because the write all the jokes about the current events) and also other ones like for e.g. CSI :(
and it's almost sure the series could cloese before not because there will be no more scripts but because the writers won't be on set be able to confort with possible epsetting issues :eek: which coule happen everyday while shooting scenes ;)
Let's hope it won't happen with CSI:Miami :D

Ruth said:

Wow, I wasn't really sure if she would resurface or not. Will H fall in love once AGAIN :eek:?? She'll be dead by the end of the season.

Hmmm... I don't think H is going to be falling in love w/Julia any time soon, if the spoilers I read are any indication. According to something I read today, Julia is a real bitch, pardon the language.

There was a scene that may or may not have gotten cut, but apparently Julia goes up to Calleigh (wooohooo! let's get Cal involved please!) and asks where she can file custody papers on Kyle. This is soooo a knock on Horatio - why would she all of a sudden want custody? She's soo trying to get back at H - I hope Calleigh goes into her Season 1-3 protective mode and kicks her ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back