CSI: Miami - "Healing II"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Furbi, Jul 28, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I totally didn't think about Eric being upset that Horatio was "replacing" Marisol. For some reason, I completely forgot that connection for a bit lol.

2. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Healing II Chapter VI - The Plan

Sitting in the parking lot of the MDPD Crime Lab, Horatio once again took his cell phone out of his pocket and dialed a familiar number.
    "Locklear."
    His heart seemed to beat a little faster just at the sound of her voice.
    "Hello, sweetheart... is everything all right?"
    "Just fine, why?"
    "I just wanted to make sure after what happened this morning." He paused momentarily before asking, "Where are you?"
    "Oh, I'm just finishing up at my apartment," Renee answered. "Then I was going to head over to my office and take care of a few things. Did you want to meet at the lab or at your place?"
    "My place," he replied. "So, when do you think you'll be finished?"
    "Maybe a couple hours," she said. "If I'm running late I'll let you know."
    "Sounds great. I'll see you then."
    "Bye."
    Horatio hung up with a wide smile on his face. Perfect, he thought. Two hours was plenty of time to but his plan into action.
    After putting the finishing touches on the table settings, Horatio stepped back to survey his work with pride. He'd spent the last hour and a half working tirelessly to set up a very romantic and inviting dinner for him and Renee. He'd brought out his best china, cutlery, tablecloth, and cooked a (hopefully) delicious Cuban dinner that Marisol had taught him how to make.
    Then, he moved to the bedroom, gathering all the candles he could find and arranging them around the room. Rose petals, which he had picked up on his way home, completed the sensual setting. He hadn't lit them yet, wanting to wait until after the meal.
    He was confident that tonight was finally the "right time" for them to consummate their relationship. There was no longer anything holding him back. He was ready to give all of himself to her.
    Horatio's heart leapt into his throat as he heard the ring of the doorbell. He nearly skipped down the stairs and across the living room. Without even bothering to check who was on the porch, he swung the door open.
    "Hello, sweetheart," he purred, pulling her into his arms for a gentle yet undeniably passionate kiss.
    "Hey, handsome," she replied breathlessly. "What a wonderful greeting."
    Renee stepped back and surveyed him from head to toe.
    "Horatio, you look good enough to eat."
    He smiled shyly. "Thanks."
    "I feel underdressed."
    "Not at all," he assured. "I just threw this on for lack of something better."
    He was wearing a vertically-striped blue shirt that matched his eyes and a simple black pair of slacks. He had contemplated wearing the silky black smoking jacket that had been one of Mari's favorites, but decided it was a bit too much. He didn't want Renee to feel uncomfortable.
    Horatio then helped Renee bring her suitcase and a couple of smaller bags in from the car. She told him she wanted to leave most of her belongings at her apartment, given that this situation was only temporary. He didn't know whether to be relieved or saddened by this knowledge. His home - and he - had been missing a woman's touch for a very long time.
    He rolled her surprisingly heavy suitcase up the walkway leading to his condo, then set it just inside the front door. Since dinner was waiting, they would deal with unpacking later. As he headed back out towards her car, he heard the unmistakeable sound of a small but feisty dog's bark.
    "Renee?" he called.
    She turned around. In the dim dusk light, he could just barely make out something brown and wrinkled moving in her arms.
    "This is Joel," she said with a grin. "I forgot to mention him to you. You're not allergic, are you?"
    "Nope." He bent down to get face-to-face with the dog. "Hey, you're a handsome little guy. What are you?"
    "He's a pug," Renee replied.
    Horatio petted the pug's head. "He's adorable."
    "Sure you don't mind having him stay?"
    "Of course not."
    Renee smiled. "You can take him if you want. I'll get the last bag."
    He gently lifted Joel into his arms. The little dog was surprisingly heavy, but seemed quite content with his new friend. Once they entered the condo, Horatio let the pug down. He scurried around the foyer and into the living room, sniffing at a furious pace. Suddenly, he heard Renee gasp behind him.
    "Oh, Horatio. It's beautiful!"
    She was gazing at the dinner table with delight. Horatio felt a rush of relief and smiled, knowing he had done well.
    "I'm glad you like it, sweetheart. Are you hungry?"
    The wicked twinkle in her eye did not go unnoticed by him.
    "Oh, yes, handsome. Very hungry."

Please note that after this chapter, the rating of this story will change to M :)

3. GregNickRyanFan

Fics here have to be PG-13 or less (there are some young members here). I guess T is the same as PG-13. Do you have a fanfiction.net account? Cause you can post the fic there and then place the link to your fanfiction.net profile (not a direct link to the fic) here and just tell everyone when the fic is updated. :)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  4. Furbi

Furbi Witness

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Chapters 7-10 were awesome, Furbi! Me likes it hot. :)

6. GregNickRyanFan

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I decided to read this again. It's still great the 2nd time around. But, I'm wondering, Furbi: when do we get a next chapter? Have you stopped writing? [​IMG]

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh I think I'm going to check it out later. Have completely forgotten