CSI: Miami - "Healing II"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Furbi, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Title: Healing II
    Author: furryfurbi
    Rating: T (will become M)
    Genres: Romance & Drama
    Summary: As Horatio and Renee move forward with their romance, the unexpected return of Jack Toller puts not only their relationship but also their very survival in jeopardy.

2. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Healing II Chapter I - Back To Work

This story will be a continuation of 'Healing', my Horatio/Renee romance/drama fic set after the events of the season 9 finale.
    If you haven't yet read 'Healing', I strongly suggest you do, or otherwise you will probably be very lost :)
    Enjoy!

It was a beautiful morning.
    For the first time in months - or perhaps longer - Horatio awoke feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day. He nearly hopped out of bed, then set about his morning routine of getting dressed, freshening up, and grabbing a bite to eat, the smile never leaving his face.
    As he drove to the crime lab, his thoughts inevitably drifted to that familiar place: Renee. Ever since the night when they had gone to dinner and then kissed under the starry Miami sky, he could hardly keep his happiness contained. He could be talking to one of his CSI's about a particularly gruesome murder and have to use all his self-control to keep from grinning like an idiot or bursting into a wildly happy laughter.
    The last two weeks seemed like a dream. On the work front, things were looking up – IAB and the department psychiatrist had cleared him to return for active duty, starting that very day. Randy North was safely behind bars with a preliminary hearing set the following week. And though there was still no trace of Toller, Horatio was confident that he could – and would – take the bastard down again, no matter how long it took.
    However, anything related to his job now paled in comparison to the attention he paid Renee. They were still taking things slow, but had grown ever closer in the past weeks, spending as much time together as their respective positions would allow. Last night had been particularly pleasant: dinner at a quiet bistro that Horatio had always wanted to try but never had anyone to accompany him, followed by a walk on the beach and a very passionate makeout session that they had just barely managed to halt before ripping each other's clothes off right then and there. They were both ready to take things to the next level, no doubt about it. He knew the bottled-up sexual tension between them was nearing its breaking point, and it only made him look forward to seeing Renee more.
    As he climbed the few low steps in front of the CSI building, Horatio tried to think of the perfect setting for when he finally made love to her. He had started building a short list in his mind last night, thoughts of Renee keeping him awake well after he had turned out his bedside light.
    "Morning, H," a familiar voice chirped.
    "Hello, Calleigh," he replied warmly.
    "You're all smiles this morning," the blond CSI said, falling into step beside him.
    "Yes, well, I'm officially going back out into the field today."
    Calleigh's beam could have lit up the entire lab. "Oh Horatio, that's wonderful!" She stopped and gave him a quick hug. "Congratulations."
    He nodded. "It certainly is. I've missed being with the team."
    "I think you'll be going with Walter and Eric," she said. "Dead girl on Dade U campus."
    "Thanks, Calleigh," he said, and the two CSI's went their separate ways; Horatio to seek out his coworkers and the southern belle to Firearms.
    As he passed by the trace lab, he caught a glimpse of Natalia hunched over a computer, the glare of the screen shining on her white lab coat. He decided to take a quick detour and opened the door. Natalia looked up as soon as he walked in.
    "Hi, H," she smiled.
    He replied in his usual fashion. "Hello, Ms. Boa Vista. How are things today?"
    "Busy morning so far. I was just finishing up with some samples from the Rodgers case... have you seen Calleigh?"
    "As a matter of fact I have, just now."
    "Good, because I'm supposed to meet her at the Hummer in about five minutes."
    "Well, you wouldn't want to keep her waiting," he said with a small smile.
    Natalia slipped off her lab coat. As she moved towards the glass door of the trace lab, she paused and turned to face him.
    "Horatio?"
    "Yes?"
    "I, um, I never got a chance to tell you..." Natalia's gazed dropped to the floor. "I'm sorry."
    His brows raised. "What for?"
    "For almost getting you killed!" she blurted, still avoiding his gaze. "I should have known it was a setup. I was stupid... I should have known better."
    Horatio was stunned. He had no idea she blamed herself for what happened at the pier.
    "Natalia, look at me," he commanded.
    She raised her head, slowly.
    "What happened that day was not your fault, nor mine. There was nothing you could have done to prevent it, no way of knowing what was going to happen. I hope you know that I don't hold you responsible, not at all."
    "How can you say that?" Natalia asked, her voice trembling.
    "Because it's true," Horatio replied. "It wasn't your fault, and you have nothing to be sorry for. Okay?"
    "Okay," she nearly whispered.
    Seeing her turmoil, Horatio stepped forward and gently placed his arms around the troubled CSI. After a few seconds, he felt her hug him back, then sniffle.
    "Thank you," Natalia said.
    He nodded. "Anytime."
    Horatio pulled up to the murder scene at Dade University only a few minutes after Eric and Walter. Gracefully descending from the Hummer, he walked over to the crowd of eager spectators and the four patrol officers working to keep them back. He ducked under the crime scene tape, grateful that the pain in his side was no longer present. In fact, he was completely healed, with only an impressively sized, jagged scar to remind him of his close call. It was ugly as hell and would stay with him for life, but what was one more scar? His body already looked like a battlefield, torn up from his father's abuse and the wounds he'd suffered during his many years as a police officer.
    "Morning, H!" Walter called.
    The young man was standing in one corner of the cordoned-off zone, camera in hand. Eric was placing evidence markers on some trace a few feet away.
    "Good morning, Walter," he responded, then nodded to his brother-in-law. "Eric."
    As was his custom, Horatio knelt down beside the body. It was a blond woman, probably in her mid-to-late thirties, wearing a short black dress and black stilettos. Something about her seemed familiar, but he couldn't place it. Then it hit him.
    Oh. My. God.
    For a moment, he couldn't breathe. The world around him seemed to come to a stop as he stayed frozen in place, eyes riveted on the woman's face. He felt sick. It wasn't her - it couldn't be - but the resemblance was extraordinary. The hair and outfit were identical, and the face so eerily similar, he felt sick. He brushed away a few thick strands of her hair, already knowing what he would find. There it was - a blunt, jagged head wound, most likely caused by a pounding from a rock or similar object.
    "H?"
    The sound of Eric's voice startled him back to reality. He slowly stood on shaking legs. The Cuban CSI caught one look at Horatio's sheet-white complexion and knew something was wrong.
    "What is it, H?"
    "It's him," he replied in a low, strained tone.
    "Him who?" Eric pressed. "What's going on?"
    "It's Toller. He's back."

3. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Oooh cant wait for more

4. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Healing II Chapter II - A Warning

"My God," Eric breathed. "You're right. I can't believe I didn't see it. This is just like the woman he killed on that rural road out in the 'Glades."
    "It's more than that, Eric. This is a warning."
    "A warning to who? Us?"
    Horatio shook his head. "To Renee."
    "Renee?" Eric asked.
    "Agent Renee Locklear," he said tightly.
    "The Secret Service agent." Understanding dawned on the younger man's face. "You think Toller's going after her?"
    "I do. Eric, I want all hands on deck. Toller's not going to stop until he gets what he wants."
    Eric was already pulling his out his cell phone.
    "What does he want, H?"
    Horatio stared directly at his brother-in-law, his blue eyes cold and hard.
    "Revenge."
    Lights flashing and siren screaming, Horatio drove to the Secret Service Miami Field Office like a man possessed. He'd tried calling Renee twice on the way over, but it went straight to voicemail. He barely took the time to put the Hummer in park before running through the building's entrance, ignoring the startled glances of the people inside.
    Throwing open the door to Renee's office, he stopped dead in his tracks.
    "Agent Fox?"
    The tall man was placing a manila folder in one of Renee's desk drawers. When he saw Horatio standing in the doorway, panting, eyes wild, a look of confusion crossed his face.
    "Lieutenant Caine? Is something wrong?"
    Frantic, Horatio brushed off the man's question.
    "Where's Renee?" he nearly shouted.
    "I don't know. She hasn't been in all day. Have you tried calling her cell -"
    Before Agent Fox could finish his sentence, Horatio dashed out.
    Horatio pressed the Hummer's pedal to the floor. The engine roared and the vehicle leapt forward. He knew he was driving recklessly, but all he cared about right then was making sure Renee was all right.
    Please, he prayed silently. Please, God, let me make it to her in time.
    He spun into the parking lot of the apartment complex. Yanking the keys out of the ignition, he rushed up the short flight of stairs and dashed down the hall to #208.
    Heart pounding, breath coming hard and fast, he pounded on her door. After nearly ten seconds, he lost patience and slammed his body against the wood. The door gave way and he stumbled into her apartment, nearly tripping over his feet.
    "Renee!" he yelled, looking everywhere for her. "Renee! Answer me!"
    Horatio searched the place from top to bottom, barely aware that he was tearing through her belongings and tossing them aside. She was nowhere in sight.
    A horrible feeling washed over him. Something had happened to her, he just knew it. He sank to his knees in the middle of her apartment and buried his face in his hands, still breathing heavily.
    I've already lost so much. I can't lose her too.
    The words ran over and over in his mind like a sick mantra.
    I can't lose her. I can't lose her. I can't.

5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Wow!
    Whoa!
    Almost thought Renee was that girl... Hope she's fine for now... Or not? Can't wait for more

6. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Healing II Chapter III - Fear And Relief

The shrill ring of a cell phone tore through the silent room. Horatio nearly jumped out of his skin until he realized what it is. Fumbling, he pulled the small device out of his jacket pocket and answered.
    "Horatio," he said shakily.
    "H, it's Eric. Where are you?"
    He could hear the concern in the younger man's voice.
    "I'm... I'm at Renee's apartment."
    "And?" Eric prodded. "Is everything all right?"
    His CSI training and years of experience told him to calm down, take a good look around the room, and note anything out of the ordinary.
    "No blood. No signs of a struggle," he said. Getting to his feet and walking around, he continued, "I don’t see anything that suggests a crime happened in this room."
    Then why was his heart still pounding?
    "Any sign of forced entry?" Eric asked.
    "Ah..."
    Horatio paused at that, silently scolding himself for having kicked the door in. If someone had forced their way into the apartment, that evidence was now compromised.
    He bent down to inspect the lock. It was old and cheap, with no deadbolt. Someone could have easily jimmied it, slipped in, and taken Renee by surprise. No! He shut his eyes tightly, telling himself not to think like that. He had no way of knowing something bad had happened to her. But why isn’t she answering her phone?
    "H? Are you still there?"
    Eric’s voice brought him out of his thoughts.
    "Yes... Listen, Eric. I need you and Walter to handle the murder at Dade U. I need to take care of something."
    The CSI sounded hesitant. "H, if you find Toller, promise me you won’t go after him by yourself. If what you said about it being personal for him is right, he’ll be more dangerous than ever. Call for backup, H. Don’t take the risk."
    "I will, brother," he assured. "I will."
    There was a brief pause before Eric said, "H, I need to ask you something."
    "Shoot."
    "What’s going on with you and Agent Locklear?"
    Horatio froze. "Wha- what do you mean?"
    "How do you have her cell number, and know where she lives?"
    "Eric, I don’t have time for this right now," he snapped.
    Eric sighed. "Tell me the truth, H. I’m your brother. You can tell me anything."
    "We’re just friends," Horatio replied in a calmer tone. "All right?"
    "All right." He didn’t sound convinced. "I’ll get Ryan out here to help. You take care of whatever you need to."
    "Thank you, Eric."
    "No need. Just be careful, H."
    --
    Horatio was back in the Hummer. He hadn’t yet left the parking lot, preferring not to think and drive. His hands gripped the wheel tightly as he attempted to calm his racing mind down and come up with a possibility of where Renee could be. As he knew all too well, in their line of work, something could come up at any given moment that would have them rushing off to put another bad guy behind bars, or at least try to.
    He didn’t fully understand why he was so panicked. He could count on one hand the number of times he’d been this terrified in his life. Not even that fateful day, when he heard Calleigh had been trapped in a burning house and suffered smoke inhalation, could compare. Right now, he was so afraid that he felt like burying himself under a big, thick blanket and crying.
    What the hell was wrong with him? Had Randy North’s attack shattered his confidence? Was being with Renee making him soft?
    Stop it! Horatio yelled at himself. Focus, Caine!
    He had to find Renee before Toller did, knowing that only a few short minutes could be the difference between life and death.
    --
    Driving more cautiously than he had before, but still fast, Horatio headed back towards the crime lab. As he pulled into the MDPD parking lot, he dialed Renee’s number once more, silently begging her to pick up.
    Ring... ring... ring...
    And then
    Your call has been transferred to this user’s voicemail box. Please leave your message after the tone, then press the pound sign when you are finished recording.
    "Damn it!"
    Horatio shoved the cell phone back into his pocket, then exited the Hummer and strode inside the building. Lab techs and CSI’s alike stayed well out of his way, knowing he meant business.
    The door to his office was closed, something he ordinarily would have thought strange, but in his current state of mind, he didn’t give a second thought to. As he swung it open and stepped inside, he couldn’t believe his eyes.
    "Renee!" he cried.
    She turned at the sound of his voice, a warm, easy smile on her face.
    "Horatio?" Her smile faded when she saw his concern. "What’s wrong?"
    Unable to speak, he simply walked to her and pulled her into his arms. He held her close, burying his face in her soft blond hair as a tidal wave of relief washed over him.
    "Thank God," he murmured, his voice quavering with emotion. "Oh, thank God."

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

You've got some explainin' to do, young lady! Don't you know how SCARED Horatio was?!?

Liking it so far, Furbi. :)

8. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Healing II Chapter IV – An Offer

They stayed in that tender embrace for what seemed like hours before she finally broke away. He stared directly at her, wishing he could wipe those worried creases off her forehead.
    "Horatio, what's going on?" she said softly. "When you came in here, I thought you were going to pass out. You were white as a sheet."
    Despite the seriousness of the situation, he couldn't help but smile. He was sure he must have made quite a sight; suit wrinkled and hair a wild, fiery mess from all the running around he had done in his frantic race to find her.
    "Horatio, talk to me," Renee implored.
    He led her over to the couch and they both sat. He was silent for a while, trying to find a place to begin.
    "Toller's back," he said finally.
    Renee's posture went rigid. She pursed her lips twice before asking, "How do you know?"
    "There was a woman murdered and then dumped near the campus of Dade University. She was bludgeoned multiple times in the head, likely by a rock."
    "Just like Toller's other victims."
    "There's more... she was dressed just like you." Horatio swallowed hard. "She looked like you, too."
    She frowned. "What?"
    "She had on a black dress and shoes that looked exactly like the outfit I saw you in two weeks ago. And her face was almost identical to yours. When I saw her, I-I thought..." Horatio couldn't bring himself to finish.
    "You thought it was me."
    "I don't know what I would have done." Fighting to keep his voice from breaking, he said, "Renee, I care for you very much, and your safety means a lot to me. If Toller's been following you for the past two weeks, that means you're not safe at work, or at home."
    "I'm never safe," she replied curtly. "Not in this line of work. You know that better than anyone."
    "I do." He paused, all of a sudden incredibly nervous about what he was going to say. "Renee, I-I think you should stay with me, at least for a while."
    Her frown disappeared and a mischievous glint appeared in her eyes.
    "Horatio, you wouldn't just be trying to get me into bed with you, would you?"
    "Wha – no!" he said a bit too loudly. "Of course not!"
    "Calm down," she chuckled, gently taking his hands in hers. "I was just kidding. I know you would never do that."
    Her mood was contagious and he soon found himself grinning along with her. Then he remembered the sheer terror he had felt less than an hour ago and quickly sobered up.
    "I think Toller is coming back for revenge against the people that led to the fallout of his counterfeiting operation, and you're at the center of it. He wants you dead, Renee."
    She was silent a long while before saying, "Okay. I'll stay with you for a few days. But I am going to work. I want to show this bastard that I'm not intimidated. I won't hide from him."
    Horatio was taken aback.
    "You're incredible," he murmured.
    "So are you," she said the same low tone, moving closer to him.
    Passion flared up within him and he grasped her shoulders, then brought her in for a deep, heated kiss. Renee's hands found their way to the back of his head and moaned into his mouth, which only served to excite him more. He wished they could stay there forever, but knew he had to pull away before someone from his team caught them with their tongues halfway down each other's throats.
    After breaking the kiss, Horatio gazed at her and saw not only fierce passion, but also infinite trust swirling in those beautiful green eyes of hers. It was at that moment that he knew his feelings for her were far more than just physical or sexual. He couldn't quite say the words, not yet, but he knew he would do anything to protect Renee. Even at the cost of his own life. He suddenly realized he was staring at her like a lovesick schoolboy and quickly looked away.
    Clearing his throat, he said, "Sweetheart, I think you should head over to my place and get settled in. I'll send couple of officers to your apartment to pick up some clothes and other things for you."
    She shook her head. "I'll get them myself."
    "Well, you'll be taking those officers with you. I won't let you go back to your apartment alone."
    Renee's expression hardened, and for a moment it looked as though she would protest. Then she offered him a small smile.
    "Thank you, Horatio," she said softly before leaning in to kiss him on the lips once more.
    Though it was gentle and over quickly, he could tell she yearned for more. He did too, but it wasn't the time or place.
    Rising, he simply said, "Be careful, sweetheart."
    "You too."

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

OK, people--Furbi won't post more if you don't give her some feedback...let her know what you think and poof!--words will magically appear on your computer screen. ;)

I want to know what happens when Renee moves in with Horatio. Will they stay in separate rooms? I think things will start to heat up. Who's with me? :thumbsup:

10. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Healing II Chapter V - What Are Friends For?

Horatio stepped into the lab's break room at a quarter past one. It had taken him a while to round up his entire team, but finally, all – including Frank – were gathered around the table. They all had cases requiring their attention; he didn't have much time.
    Upon hearing the sound of his footsteps, his team collectively turned to stare at him. Eric's questioning gaze made him particularly uncomfortable, but he needed to focus on the main reason he'd called the team together: Toller.
    Before he could open his mouth, Walter asked, "What's up, H?"
    Horatio opened the manila folder he was holding and produced a very familiar photo.
    "Jack Toller is what's up, Walter."
    "He's back?" Calleigh asked, wide-eyed.
    "I believe so," Horatio replied. "Let me start from the beginning: Eric, Walter, and I were called to the scene of a homicide near the campus of Dade U this morning. The victim was a white female, about 35-40, wearing a black cocktail dress and heels."
    "Where does Toller come in?" Ryan interjected.
    "Do you remember Caroline Summers, the woman who was killed the day Toller escaped from the transport plane?"
    He nodded.
    "Toller forced her onto the ground, then hit her in the head with a rock until she died," Horatio continued. "This morning's victim was killed exactly the same way; fatal blunt force trauma to the head caused by repeated blows, and defensive wounds on the hands and forearms."
    Not wanting to further complicate the matter, he didn't bother to mention the victim's resemblance to Renee.
    "Are we sure this is Toller?" Natalia asked. "I figured he'd be long gone by now."
    Horatio hesitated. "Right now we don't have any hard evidence linking him to the murder, but my instincts tell me it's him."
    Natalia nodded. "I trust your instincts, Horatio. But what I don't understand is why he would take the risk of staying in Miami."
    "Toller lost a lot of money when the deal with Ashcroft went sour. My guess is that he has a score to settle with whoever he thinks is responsible," he said. "And that includes all of you. I would offer police protection while you're off duty, but I'm pretty sure I know what your answer would be."
    "No," the team chorused, which brought a small smile to Horatio's face.
    Returning to the serious matter at hand, he continued, "Toller is smart, he's connected, and he won't hesitate to kill anyone who gets in his way. He has nothing left to lose, and he's sooner die than go back to prison. So be careful and stay safe. That's all."
    The CSI's got to their feet and streamed out of the break room. Eric was the last to leave. As Horatio made his way toward the door, the younger man caught his arm.
    "H, I need to talk to you," he said in a low voice.
    Horatio groaned inwardly but kept his expression neutral.
    "What about, Eric?"
    "Agent Locklear."
    He sighed. "Eric, I already told you –"
    "Listen to me, H. We're brothers, okay? You don't have to keep anything from me."
    "I'm not," Horatio said tightly. "She's just a friend, and the only reason I know where she lives is because we met there one afternoon to discuss some purely business matters."
    "Okay," Eric said. "I just wanted to know. I promise I won't ask you anymore."
    Horatio smiled. "No worries, brother."
    After Eric had gone to visit Dr. Loman and that morning's victim, Horatio took a brief moment to slump against the wall in relief. That had been a close call and he still wasn't entirely sure if Eric believed him or not.
    "Horatio?"
    He immediately straightened up.
    "Francis?"
    Sporting a pensive expression, the big Texan emerged from the shadowy hallway.
    "Thanks for keeping us in the loop. We're gonna catch this bastard, Horatio, I know it."
    The redhead nodded. "We are, hopefully before any more lives are lost."
    Both men stared at each other. Frank looked as though he wanted to say something more, but couldn't find the words.
    "Was there something else?" Horatio asked.
    "Uh, yeah," the big sergeant replied, clearing his throat awkwardly. "This business about Toller... he's probably got it out for Renee worse than any one of us. I think she deserves a warning, too."
    Horatio smiled. "I'm way ahead of you, my friend. Renee and I have already had a conversation about this. She's going to take extra precautions at work and we both felt it best if she didn't stay at her apartment, at least for a while."
    Frank was silent for a while, his eyes scanning Horatio's face. Then, a grin spread over his face.
    "Horatio, you sly dog. You asked her to stay with you, didn't you?"
    He dropped his eyes to the ground, stalling for time.
    "Uh - ah, yes, I did, but it's not like that. I just wanted her to have a safe place."
    "Right," Frank said with a knowing smirk. "And a motel was far too dangerous."
    For once, Horatio was at a loss for words.
    "I know you're real private about this sort of thing, but I gotta ask you, man to man. Are you two, uh... you know? 'Cause we both you could use a little, if you get my drift."
    Horatio's cheeks colored. "Ah, no, not yet. Maybe soon."
    He quickly shut his mouth, knowing he'd already revealed too much.
    "I'm just saying, every man needs some now and then to keep his head straight. How long 'as it been, H?"
    "Ah - since uh, since Marisol." Blushing like mad, he lowered his head.
    "Okay, easy, partner." Frank placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'm bein' too nosy. Sorry about that."
    "No, it's all right," Horatio said. "You're a good friend. Thanks for uh, being here for me."
    "Aw, it's nothin'." The Texan waved his hand in dismissal.
    Horatio took a deep breath before his next words.
    "Francis, I just wanted to thank you again for encouraging me to ask Renee out. I'm happier than I've been in a long time, and I don't know if I would have ever found the courage to take that step without you."
    He extended his arm for a handshake, but to his surprise, the big man drew him close for a brief hug.
    "Hey, what are friends for? You're a great guy and you deserve to have somebody who makes you happy."
    Horatio nodded, trying to swallow the lump that had suddenly formed in his throat. Frank was truly his best friend. Sure, he and Eric shared a strong bond, but they were so far apart in years he often found it hard to connect. And he could share things with Frank that he would never feel comfortable telling his son.
    "You take care of yourself, Francis. Stay safe."
    "You too, Horatio."
    As the redhead headed down the hall towards Trace, he added with a wink, "And be sure and take care of that lady of yours, too."
    "Oh, I will," Horatio replied. "I will."

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Eek! *catches breath* phew made it.
    Lost few days back. Wow nice.
    Anyone else reading?
    I'm here as always and always sayin a word.
    As a fellow ff writer I know the true meaning of reviews/feedback (eventhough i wouldn't dare to ask any for my stories *cough* *hint**hint* yup a shy person)

Soo (of course I jumped on my seat at Ryan's mentioning. Maybe he should hang around H more)
    I'm curious to see how H will handle Renee near him ;) *giggles*

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I just love when Horatio calls Frank by his full first name hehe. Sometimes they seem almost like brothers. :)

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I think I can remember Horatio calling him Francis only once for the entire series! :lol: It is a nice touch. I'm just worried of what Eric will do once he finds out Horatio and Renee are more than "just friends". :wtf: Why is H being such a scaredy-cat? :hugegrin:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

LOL, yeah it's not like Eric hasn't dated someone he works with. Two someones in fact. Natalia and Calleigh lol. I'm sure Eric would be cool with it in general, but he might be upset that H lied to him or didn't trust him enough to tell him they're dating.

15. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Thanks for the great reviews!

1. Horatio used to call Frank by his full name many times in the earlier seasons. I left it in because I thought it strengthened the buddy bond between the two, something I really want to see more of on the show. After all, Frank is Horatio's only colleague/friend that is roughly his age.

2. Horatio is hiding, at least for now, his romance with Renee from Eric because he fears how Eric, his brother-in-law, will react. Even though he's beginning to move on from Marisol's loss, he doesn't want Eric to think that he no longer loves his sister, or something along those lines...

Stay tuned!