CSI:LV season 10 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Solitaire, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

That's good to know. She only started watching csi when she moved in with me, a couple of years ago. And I told her about the King Baby epi, and how weird it was. I dont think much could be as strange as that. Although I did find Fur and loathing very odd indeed....
    I have taped the episode, will have to watch it on my own at some point.

2. ericandryanfan

ericandryanfan Hit and Run

i cant wait to watch it tonite, i can't believe i missed it lol

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I watched the episode last night. I agree, it wasnt as weird as the title suggested. Although what did Greg look like in that hat! I laughed out loud.
    Cath and Vartann make a cute couple. I like where they are going with that.
    Poor Archie, but at least he got out of the lab for a bit!

Athersgeo- Just read your review- Love the comment about Greg's vanilla Ice outfit. So true. Those dealers should have run us soon a s they saw him.
    And I also thought that Cath would have pulled her gun on the bad guy. But I really liked the ending, so I'll let the discrepencies pass.

(Ohh- ericandryanfan- I love your avatar.)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  4. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy Vegas Tuesday :)
    I can't believe i missed last week episode .

5. tootes

tootes Rookie

Happy Vegas Tuesday Everyone !! :D x

6. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Golly.

That was... I'm not quite sure HOW I feel about the episode, actually.

I think, mostly, I'm focused on just how dumb does Ray have to be to fall for the "creepy basement room" thing. And, for that matter, how he didn't notice Dr Jekyll on the bed. AND for that matter, shoving the oncologist into the side of a metal cabinet and then SULKING because the doc was threatening charges?! Ye gads.

I'm also not sure what to make of Nick being ABLE to barge into an operating theatre with a patient in there prepped and ready for surgery. Remind me never to need surgery when I'm in the US...

All of which is a bit of a pity because up to the final chunk of the episode, I'd been quite enjoying it. It was proving to be an interesting case with a nice layering of the storylines so that as each one concluded there was something to feed into the next bit. I also liked that they put in a Dr Jekyll recap. (Though, I have to wonder if the layout table is REALLY the best place to be sitting...!)

It's yet another episode where Greg does Nick's old trick of vanishing around about the half way point, never to be seen again, though - and now even Sara seems to be ignoring him. Got to feel for him and I really, REALLY do hope that the writers are going to pay this off in some way.

Is this a good point to note that Dr Jekyll did look rather like Greg? :devil: (No, I don't seriously think that it IS Greg - even if I did posit the idea about three months ago!)

That said, though, this is another of those rare episodes where every cast member got to pop up for at least one scene. And Hodges is back! Finally! Even if I do now know rather more about Hodges than I ever wanted to consider...!

Hand in hand with last week's episode, though, since when do Vegas CSIs go first in a room/house clearing mission? I have to admit, this is beginning to annoy me a little. One of the things that I REALLY like about CSI over any of the other forensics/crime drama shows is that the Vegas CSIs aren't all about the guns and the kicking in of doors. If I want a constant diet of action and shooting, I'll go watch NCIS. (Which is not to say that NCIS isn't a decent and entertaining show - it is, but it's a show I find deeply frustrating on a number of levels...and as this is talkCSI, not talkNCIS, I'll move on!)

Having griped about the last scene of the episode, though, I will say one thing: IT WASN'T NICK!!!

Also, is it me or was Nick sounding markedly more Texan in this episode than he normally does?

All in all, then, not a great standout episode, but it does move the season on - and I think we can all pretty much guess who Jekyll's last victim is likely to be...

What did anyone else think?

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Athersgeo- I think you have covered all my thoughts on the epi! Totally agree with you on everything.
    When Nick was speaking to the girl, he definitely sounded more Texan. It was more pronounced. Maybe when he is doing his soothing, compassionate voice, the accent comes through more.
    When Sara and Nick were searching the house, an old epi came into my head- where Brass told Sara off for going in with the cops. He said the policxe were to clear the scene, CSIs to go in after. I know this scene was more dramatic, but it wasnt realistic with what they had said previously on the show.
    Greg had been doing well, screentime wise, earlier in the season, but why does he keep vanishing now? He is a great character, they should be using him more.

My Mum was shouting at the screen when Ray walked past Jekyll on the bed. It was so obvious. And I was expecting something about his Dad, and Korea after he hit that guy! Maybe next episode.... I actually liked the ending. Very dramatic. Maybe he will learn a lesson about not running around in dark basements on your own when there is a sadistic serial killer on the loose!

8. lal

lal Pathologist

Happy Vegas Tuesday :)

when i watched last weeks episode i was thinking to myself , why didn't he (Ray ) look under the sheets of the bed , that would of been the first i would do ,it will be interesting to find out what is going to happen next .

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yeah, happy Vegas Tuesday! I see this is a lab rats episode, and they are usually quite funny. So I am looking forward to it. I wonder if there will be any follow through from last week?

10. tootes

tootes Rookie

Happy Vegas Tuesday Everyone :D x

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well, abit of a strange episode, and not as strong as the previous lab rats episodes.
    The 'b' case, with the food poisoning seemed very out of place, although I did like poor Greg's reaction to being puked on.
    The main story, although odd, I did still enjoy. Mainly because im a bit of Wedges shipper, and love their interaction. Im hoping something will come of their kiss, they have such great chemistry.
    I did think it was mean of Wendy to glue Henry's locker. It seemed a little out of character too. Poor Henry. You think she could have just pretended to be ill or something. At least we got some bad jokes from 'Dr Ray.'
    The case was interesting enough, and I liked the bit where Brass was drunk! I was hoping Bobby Dawson would appear, but alas, no he didnt. And no Archie, but at least we saw him on the magazine cover, although I couldn't really make out what it said. Does anyone know?

12. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I didn't like the episode last night. I haven't been fond of the previous episodes they've done in the same format, it just doesn't work for me at all.

13. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Here ya go! :)

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Thanks for that!
    Aww Archie looks good as a 'Surf geek.' Im glad they fit him in somewhere, very inventive.

15. tootes

tootes Rookie

Totally forogt i hadn't commented on last week's epi.. have to be quick as i have a tone of coursework, so i'll keep it short :\

Awwww !! Yay for Hodges & Wendy <3 Their kiss at the end made me all warm & giddy for the rest of the night :L ..I just hope their relationship carries on as they are too cute together :)

BUT poor Henry !! Bless him.. thought it was a little harsh of Wendy to glue his locker, even if i kind of enjoyed it as her stained hands were incredibly amusing afterwards :p

As for the food poisoning storyling i found it rather boring tbh, but then i prefere a good old murder ;) :L

Anyhoo' role on tomorrow ;D !!

..Katie :) xx