CSI Kits

i went over the toy ones and got the real stuff, i purchased a real cebtrifuge (DNA), micro pippets,microscope,comparing microscope,sterio microscope,luminol,powder,bushes,ALS (£10,000),blood tests, mini LASER ABLATION TEST!!!!! Basicly i got the Big 'O' Kit

all together i cost me about £50,000

where can u get all this stuff from coz it sounds really interesting also can u get mock crime cases to use it with ???

also the fingerprint powder cud u use it round ur house lol

thanks

hehe! i feel special because i got all the kits! including the a crime scene kit. like the ones that Speed, Eric, Ryan and Calleigh have :D i even have the blood tests! and i use the fingerprint one to find out who's been messing with my CSI: Miami stuff. my fingerprint kit even came with ten card sheets and a magnifier.

Hah I feel exra special. My aunts a cop. I can steal hers (when she's not looking of course).

I always convince my sister I'll 'check' if shes lying. Then she tells me the truth. :D

xx

Those kits so cool but the one I sp would like is the fingerprint one. Just wondering someone said around here that the fingerprint like it kinda works like the real stuff?Is there any difference on buying the kit or buying the stuff separetely on other "evidence crime" page given over here?
Regards

sidlewannabee said:
Do you guys know what actually goes inside a real CSI's kit?
Lots of things, depending upon the expertise and experience of the kit user. The basics, of course: evidence location tags/flags, permanent ink markers/pens, CSI report forms, chain of custody forms, evidence receipt forms, evidence (package) tags, vials, manila envelopes (coin-sized and larger), an assortment of new plastic bags, paper (grocery) bags [great for packaging clothes of suspects and victims], ruler(s), measuring tape, metal scribe, evidence package/envelope sealing tape, perimeter marking tape, plastic/rubber gloves, latent print brush(es), latent print powder(s) [ideally sealed in separate zip-lock bags ... fingerprint powder can be real messy!], magna-brush & magna-powder [same situation], lift tape, lift cards [some people prefer the individual lifters, I don't], swatches [small squares] of clean white cloth to collect wet blood samples, forceps (plastic & metal), flashlight & spare batteries, string, probes, new razor blades, scalpel with disposable blades, knife, screw drivers, and other assorted small tools. The trick is to be selective in how much stuff goes into your personal kit. You really don't want to be dragging a 50-lb/23-kilo kit around your crime scene for a few hours!

Side note: I always kept my camera, flash & extra batteries in a separate kit to keep it away from the fingerprint powders. Also had additional kits holding materials for plaster [shoeprint/tire track] casting and dental resin [toolmark] casting ... and sets of protective clothing along with extra CSI kit supplies (perimeter tape, envelopes, bags, etc) and new paint cans with lids [for arson evidence] in my CSI van or vehicle. I'd also bring along separate kits for collection of evidence at autopsies and at hospitals [included gunshot residue kits and sexual assault kits].

And, finally, for reasons of weight and space in my personal CSI kit, I kept most of my small and large [shovel, pry bar, etc] tools and the portable lights in my CSI van/vehicle. I also had a small generator in my van but not in my CSI car.

calleighismyhero said:
wat do u do with a facial reconstruction kit? im sry im a bit slow...but the dna kits really come with a dna machine?! cool!!!
:lol:
No, fortunately, the CSIs don't have to try to analyse DNA samples in between all their other work at the scene [and, being the collectors of evidence, they really shouldn't examine/analyse their own evidence ... that should be done by an unbiased scientist at the lab]. All the CSIs have to do is properly collect the DNA-containing evidence (blood, saliva, seminal fluids, etc) with those cotton-tipped swabs.

And facial reconstruction is another lab-based activity performed by a highly-trained expert using very sophisticated laser scanners, computer software and measuring devices, along with a chunk of much-lower-tech clay ... not something that a CSI would ever [I hope!] attempt to do at the scene. Side note: most crime labs do not have a facial reconstruction expert on staff.

Back