CSI Kits

MacsGirlMel

Mac's Personal Assistant
Anyone got the mini crime lab and DNA kits? What're they like? Toys R Us has them but I've no hope of getting them; they're way too messy LOL

I have the facial reconstruction kit. It's way to complicated, and as you said, messy.

The DNA and crime scene kit is also available from the Discovery Channel, which was given to me as a gift. The DNA one is pretty cool, with a DNA machine which is sort of like the shows. :)

They also have a fingerprint examination kit. But what would do you do when the stuff runs out is all I want to know! It looks pretty cool, I want to get it for Xmas! :D

I have the fingerprint examination kit. I ignore the cases and just play with the stuff they give you. lol.

I also have the facial reconstruction kit, *looks over at the head* ...which I have yet to finish...

I'm getting the fingerprint kit.. haha my friends dad has a whole bunch of fingerprint stuff (Don't ask why) and at my school I was accused of stealing a chocolate bar so we dragged out the fingerprint stuff and their like "Okay!~ Okay! We believe you! Go to class you insane little ninth grader"! It was amazing =)

I bought the fingerprints kits for my neice and nephew. ANd for myself. I got the face one too (which i finished) but not for the kids, because i thought that it would be too complicated and messy and etc.

The face...looks like....I don't really know. It looks like a really ugly person. :lol:

I've recently got the facial reconstruction kit and I haven't started yet on it. I know for sure that I when do I will do everything wrong. :lol:

Got my nephew the fingerprint examination kit for his birthday. Unfortunately he can't play with it because he's only 9 and keeps telling us that his 11 year old sister knows how to do it and can be the adult present. The two of them together is deadly. :lol: We also got him the handwriting analysis kit (originally for christmas), but decided not to give it to him.

I'll say this for the fingerprint kit. It looks a hell of a lot more advanced than the ones you could get when I was a kid.

I loooove those CSI kits!! I have the DNA laboratory, the fingerprint kit, the facial reconstruction kit, the DNA building kit, the Handwriting kit - the only one that I don't have and reeeally want is the Forensic Lab *sigh*
I got 2 of the kits for $20 at Wal-Mart! I nearly spazzed out and ran around the store. I love playing with them!

I have the fingerprint examination kit, but I am too afraid to use it. I fear I'm going to run out of powder! :D

I wanted the DNA kit, but it was too big and heavy and too expensive. I actually choose between that kit and season 4 of CSI. The DvD won.

The entomology kit looks intresting enough. Does anyone have it? Gosh we need to make a list of everything, cause I have no idea. Kind of lika a list of content, cases, use, pros and cons, that kind of stuff. Anyone with me?

ooh i got the fingerprint kit for christmas it's the best ever, the only thing is the prints never come out right and are always faint, but oh well! does anybody know where to get new flaplifters? i would ask my cousin, (she's actually a csi in real life) but i think i wouldn't be allowed lol. it's really amazing. o and how many different kits are there? :confused:

funkygirl said:
... the prints never come out right and are always faint, but oh well! does anybody know where to get new flaplifters? i would ask my cousin, (she's actually a csi in real life) but i think i wouldn't be allowed lol. it's really amazing. o and how many different kits are there? :confused:
Ummm. I think you've been given the wrong impression about buying CSI suppies (ie: latent print powers, flap lifts, lift tape, brushes, etc etc). All you have to do is make a Web search (ie: Google or Yahoo 'latent print supplies'), select one of 30-50 companies, look through their catalog and order what you want ... or what you can afford. There is no requirement that you have to be working in the field to order supplies.

BTW: standard black fingerprint powder, a standard brush, 1-inch wide lift tape, and glossy white lift cards will give you excellent latent print lifts pretty much every time once you get used to using the tape. However, as you may have found out already, using this powder on a porous surface (like many kitchen counters) can easily result in a black smear that doesn't wash out. Happy dusting ... :)

Back