CSI Icons #6: Showcase, Links and Requests

^^ Ok there you have it. I love you for posting these! Once again, those Marg icons are amazing!
100x100 would be great! You know me too well I'm afraid :p

Here you go:

AndrewSoutham_Lifetime2003_002-1.png
AndrewSoutham_Lifetime2003_003-1.png
AndrewSoutham_Lifetime2003_004-1.png

I feel they came out a bit better in 100x100 but that's just me :lol:.

Thanks for the compliment Something_wicked, love your icons too! Colouring and cropping is fab! :D

halloweellows- You got an LJ! I did not know that and will definitely be checking it out! Your icons are always gorgeous, and these are no exception. I love the subtle coloring, interesting text and texture usage, and especially the way you managed so many icons that aren't just the standard close-ups. I always find it so difficult to maintain quality while still capturing a distinct long shot. The 'Greg's pissed' icon is especially awesome. Extra kudos for capturing some of the best and most essential moments from the premiere. Will definitely comment on your LJ too :)

Lilith- I love the brightness of the Warrick and Nick icons, along with the naturalness and crop of the Grissom icon. The Nick one is my favorite. The crop and coloring are gorgeous and I love how original, fresh and distinct the coloring feels. Awesome work! I commented on your LJ. Also, despite not being an SPN fan, I love your avatar.

DeaditeSlayer- HILARIOUS Catherine icon! You, my friend, are right in time for Halloween! And I love the Greg & Hodges icon. Very creative and clever texture and text usage, and the caps are hilarious and so perfectly chosen! As a fellow Hair Puller lover, I think you know how your extra from the negative space challenge makes me feel. Poor Greggo and Riley :(

Vampireslayer- First of all, love your avi :D It's nice to see someone putting some serious work into their Halloween name change and such :D The coloring on those Marg icons are GORGEOUS! I am totally wowed. The icons have such a warm, cozy and still gorgeous look to them. I always love your coloring, and these are no let-down :D Gorgeous work!

Speedystokesgirl- Awesome use of negative space, and I love the way you used text. The first two had me laughing, and the third one is so appropriate. Altogether, such interesting, well thought-out icons, and awesome way to respond to the challenge :)

blackflag- Very interesting use of negative space. I like that you did something different with evidence rather than a person in the first 100x100, and the border on the third 100x100 is an interesting touch. I also really like the crops you used, putting the subject more in the corner and, as a result, opening up the rest of the space. The first unused one is my favorite.

Smokey- I love your use of textures in the negative submissions. I also like that you took a different approach to the negative space by still really showing the subjects' facial expressions. The blurring effect on the Nick one is really cool, and the texture over Warrick's left eye draws focus to the other eye in an intriguing way.

GeekLove<3- Gorgeous Sara icon! So cute! The bow is so sweet, and I love her expression. The use of the frame, and the overall effect of that with the bow, is very cute, and fits her expression and the font perfectly. It really captures Sara's sassy, feminine side.

I have some new icons at my LJ. Here are three of the icons:

CWwonderwoman.png
Iconv3GS000gb92t.png
Croppedv5Grissom00qfxc94-2.png

The rest of the batch, which includes icons of Greg, Cath, Grissom, Nick, Doc Robbins, Brass, Warrick, Sara and Vartann and banners with Greg, Hodges, Nick, Cath, Ray, Riley and Vartann, is here.

Awesome icons, everyone. Those of you who have LJ, I've probably left a comment on your LJ. :)

DeaditeSlayer- HILARIOUS Catherine icon! You, my friend, are right in time for Halloween!

Oh, that gives me an idea:

cathghostfacescream.png
cathghostface.png
:lol: Don't know why I didn't think of that one sooner. :lol:

And I love the Greg & Hodges icon. Very creative and clever texture and text usage, and the caps are hilarious and so perfectly chosen!

Thanks, glad you liked it. :)

As a fellow Hair Puller lover, I think you know how your extra from the negative space challenge makes me feel. Poor Greggo and Riley :(

I'm so glad you got the connection with that icon. I didn't think anyone would realize that I was pretending that Greg was speaking to Riley on the phone. hehe.

halloweellows- You got an LJ! I did not know that and will definitely be checking it out! Your icons are always gorgeous, and these are no exception. I love the subtle coloring, interesting text and texture usage, and especially the way you managed so many icons that aren't just the standard close-ups. I always find it so difficult to maintain quality while still capturing a distinct long shot. The 'Greg's pissed' icon is especially awesome. Extra kudos for capturing some of the best and most essential moments from the premiere. Will definitely comment on your LJ too :)
Yeah, I've had the Lj for about 2 years now, but haven't posted almost as long. I really like long shots and I always try to find caps to use but it's difficult. I was pleased to see that the premiere had some decent scenes I could use.
Your icons are cool. Left a comment! :)

Lovely icons everyone :D

Here's some that I don't think I've shared yet, the first is just a larger size from the one that I've shared :) and the second is one from The Texture Challenge.

csigil2.png
csichallenge3-4.png

Mine from the 'Movie Titles' theme.

breakfastclub.jpg
daddydaycare.jpg
iceage.jpg

Fantastic 4

I ended up with The Breakfast Club and Fantastic 4 while trying to find a cap of Nick, Greg, Warrick, & Sara from Gumdrops trying to do one for Young Guns. :lol:

Susan

Back